As the pound dies in the arse due to Brexit, how and what currency is used in relation to Sponsorship?

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Looking at how the pound is dying in the arse due to Brexit, it had me questioning, does this affect our sponsorship deals or are they tied ot the Euro/USD in terms of value?

If so, is the reference to the pound merely in place so that it gives some point of reference?

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Looking at how the pound is dying in the arse due to Brexit, it had me questioning, does this affect our sponsorship deals or are they tied ot the Euro/USD in terms of value?

If so, is the reference to the pound merely in place so that it gives some point of reference?
I think exchange rates will have a bigger impact on transfers than sponsorship. It's not as simple as the pound is weak against the dollar or euro or vice versa. A lot of the big clubs who are in Europe will hedge funds on an ongoing basis in Euros / USD. (and maybe even GBP).

I work in IT and it is common for some companies to have both a GBP account and a USD account and take advantage of the best rate at the time when buying or importing hardware.

I forget the exact amounts but we have quite a lot of USD and EUR. It's in the annual report.

The only thing it really affects is the club rankings because we report in GBP in the PL and everybody else reports in EUR.

dove

Pound is pretty much at the highest rate now since brexit happened. I expect it to rise even more when brexit is done.

Dante

Average bang
In terms of football finances, is it better to have a weak pound or a strong pound?

Verified Bird Expert
Scout

The pound is just as likely to rise as it is to fall, as the level at any one time is determined by exactly that, people's views on the future, but not people like you or I, people with responsibility for investing billions and billions, and monitoring events minute by minute.

Nick7

Pound is pretty much at the highest rate now since brexit happened. I expect it to rise even more when brexit is done.
It was performing quite badly yesterday. Held steady today.

cyril C

If I am not mistaken, the soon to GM-exit deal is in USD. I would imagine a fair percentage of our deal is in terms of Euro or USD, since some of our obligation are in these currency. Only players wages are in GBP, payment to Clubs are in other currency, as well as dividend, bonus to Board members....

Skills

Snitch
I'm pretty sure most of our income is in USD - apart from the TV rights deals which will be in GBP (PL) and Euros (CL - nothing to worry about for the foreseeable future).

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
GBP is stable now, although there are uncertainties as the trade negotiations continue.

Not sure how much further it can rise as everything gets ironed out. I mean, I'd look over to US and potential trade problems on their side if I was to expect any further GBP rallies. But I'm no FX guru.

Verified Bird Expert
Scout
if the pound keeps dying like this soon we will get 2 eu to 1 pound back to how it should be
The pound fell against the euro immediately after the referendum. It is now at the same level as it was three and a half years ago. It could go down of course, or up, but if the people that move billions daily thought it would go down then it would already have dropped again, that's the way it works.