Ashleigh Barty Announces Shock Retirement!! Only 25 years old!!

Red4Life_#7

World No 1 Ashleigh Barty has announced her shock retirement from professional tennis at the age of 25. She is the reigning Wimbledon and Australian Open champion.

Watching her at Wimbledon last year during the pandemic, the distraction kind of draws you to a person. She was clearly the best by a country mile with many years of tennis ahead of her.

Her decision to retire (for a 2nd time) to pursue other goals is a real shock, defo slap in the face type shock. I thought she was going to progress and be a big player for the next 10 years.

Ashleigh Barty career stats:

Singles win-loss record:302-105
Singles win percentage:74.9%
Career titles won:15
Grand Slam titles won:3
Highest world ranking:No 1
Career prize money won:$23,829,071

Source:
https://www.skysports.com

Sad for the sport, I might be completely off the mark here but it feels like people are just paid too much now. Osaka and Raducanu have similarly lost interest in tennis since earning huge amounts of money. When you are already rich beyond your wildest dreams at such a young age they probably can’t even be bothered to keep training anymore.

PoTMS

She looks a lot older than 25. Are we sure this isn't another Obafemi Martins? He's still only "37".

Deery

Dreary
I think she used to be a professional cricket player and liked that better.

Pickle85

This weirdly rather endeared her to me. Nice to see she has other interests outside of tennis and good for her opting to pursue them when she could just be lining her pockets.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Her brief record in cricket is absolutely atrocious, to be fair. I don't think she can get paid to play cricket these days.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
The clickbait style title is really pleasing me for some reason. I think we should do it more.

'Ten Hag expected to be new Utd boss and you WON'T BELIEVE the reason!!'