g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Asian Cup 2015

wonnie

Had a feeling that Kagawa would miss. Missed a few good chances during the 90 mins and didn't look confident stepping up for his PK. Shooting was never his forte was it?

Very surprised Honda missed and Australia should make the final now.

Kaos

Iraq! Absolutely elated :D :D :D

Don't expect them to beat Korea or probably Australia later on, but its been an achievement to get this far.

Clas Sified

Had a feeling that Kagawa would miss. Missed a few good chances during the 90 mins and didn't look confident stepping up for his PK. Shooting was never his forte was it?

Very surprised Honda missed and Australia should make the final now.
Australia should win it all now tbh.

Eila

No comment.
Aguirre will probably be sacked due to his match fixing scandal and now this loss.

Ruht

Japan... :(

South Korea vs Australia should make for a great final if it were to happen though.

Winrar

At this moment a rematch in the final looks likely, though neither sides should underestimate Iraq and UAE respectively because they've already popped up with a surprise package.

Glad to be avoiding Iran, they've been a thorn on our side for what seems like forever, but again, we shouldn't underestimate Iraq, either. Australia still looks most likely to win the whole thing imo despite their loss to us in the group stage.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Iraq! Absolutely elated :D :D :D

Don't expect them to beat Korea or probably Australia later on, but its been an achievement to get this far.
You don't know with Iraq they always manage to get a result somehow just like Egypt in African Cup they used to always win the thing but never qualify for the world cup, anyway rooting for Iraq and UAE now. :D

Danny1982

Sectarian Hipster
At this moment a rematch in the final looks likely, though neither sides should underestimate Iraq and UAE respectively because they've already popped up with a surprise package.

Glad to be avoiding Iran, they've been a thorn on our side for what seems like forever, but again, we shouldn't underestimate Iraq, either. Australia still looks most likely to win the whole thing imo despite their loss to us in the group stage.
Iraq is missing one of their best players in Yassir Qassim (the one who won the penalty), and they should be knackered after a game like that having one day less to recover as well.

ZDwyr

Will probably be the Sth Korea/Australia rematch I think. Always thought UAE would be a dark horse though. Kind of disappointed we don't get to play Japan.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
Ammoori is a great talent, hopefully he'll keep developing because he can become the motor for a very good team for years to come.
He's one of the greatest talents in our history. Weirdly, he has been snubbed the Asian best player award this year. I just hope that he attracts the right clubs and moves to Europe among other Emirati talents we have.

Winrar

Iraq is missing one of their best players in Yassir Qassim (the one who won the penalty), and they should be knackered after a game like that having one day less to recover as well.
Complacency can be our biggest enemy, for example we thought Algeria would be our easiest opponent in the WC then lost 2-4. We've previously lost to Iraq on penalties before as well, last time in 2007.

No doubt we have the advantage, but we don't want to underestimate anyone at this stage of the competition.

Last edited:

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Korea vs Iraq tonight in Sydney. Mark Bosnich still feels Korea will win the Asian Cup. Wonder if he'll change his tune if the final is Korea vs Australia?

ZDwyr

Korea vs Iraq tonight in Sydney. Mark Bosnich still feels Korea will win the Asian Cup. Wonder if he'll change his tune if the final is Korea vs Australia?
I'm actually with Bosnich. They have been my prediction from the start too. Even if they play us in the final I think they will beat us.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Korea halfway to the final. 1-0 at half time in favour of South Korea.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
ffs, I was going to bet 100 euro on that game I was so certain SK would win.

wonnie

Korea through to the final!
Iraq were probably battered from that 3-3 titantic tussle with Iran in the previous round - too bad for them and good for us.
If the Aussies make the final, they'd be just about favourites given they are playing at home. Should be a really good final nonetheless.

Winrar

First final in 27 years, 0 goals conceded. Well done. (Asian Cup record for not conceding, as well)

Still think Australia will win it, if (most likely) they get to the final given their host nation status and the home advantage. Too good to lose to us twice in a row imo.

charleysurf

Obnoxious, abusive bellend who is best ignored
Seems the tournament has been a great success.

Hojoon

First final in 27 years, 0 goals conceded. Well done. (Asian Cup record for not conceding, as well)

Still think Australia will win it, if (most likely) they get to the final given their host nation status and the home advantage. Too good to lose to us twice in a row imo.
Agreed. I'm happy with making it to the final while breaking a record, but I can't see us beating Australia.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
Really looking forward to the match tonight, not just because Australia are in a semi final but I think it's two evenly matched teams and should be a good game.

Hopefully we can push through though, and with Cahill we will score without a doubt.

slir32

So glad Korea are through i believe it will be a different scoreline this time around (If Australia makes the final). Comes on Aussies!!!

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
TBH I think the consensus is Australia is pretty much in the final. UAE will be knackered after their exploits against Japan and I can see a comfortale win for the Aussies.
Maybe, but that's even better for us. All the pressure is on Australia. I'm kinda nervous, but i have huge faith in this team. Too bad our manager has hit his ceiling ages ago. We need a proper coach.

wonnie

Maybe, but that's even better for us. All the pressure is on Australia. I'm kinda nervous, but i have huge faith in this team. Too bad our manager has hit his ceiling ages ago. We need a proper coach.
UAE fan? I didn't watch your group stages but it seemed you guys played well in those games. You were truly on the back foot against Japan though - Japan had so many chances to score in normal time.

You have this one player who is small but plays in the hole and has Fellaini hair - he seems pretty good. Good luck to you, you beat Japan even if it's on pens so you deserve to be there.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
TBH I think the consensus is Australia is pretty much in the final. UAE will be knackered after their exploits against Japan and I can see a comfortale win for the Aussies.
The players and coaching staff won't be thinking like that. Fans and media might though.

Brown Toothpick

Supports
FC Barcelona
UAE fan? I didn't watch your group stages but it seemed you guys played well in those games. You were truly on the back foot against Japan though - Japan had so many chances to score in normal time.

You have this one player who is small but plays in the hole and has Fellaini hair - he seems pretty good. Good luck to you, you beat Japan even if it's on pens so you deserve to be there.
Yeah, my home country. Proud to say I've been to all of their games as well. We played very well in all games. Thing is that we usually play rather more dominate but I was surprised by our approach against Iran. Gave them way too much respect. Our defense, main weakness, has been getting better and better. So I'm happy with the way we played Japan. I'd rather we win that way than lose by playing attackingly.

Omar Abdul Rahman. Major talent. Best player in Asia imo. Thanks mate.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Australia and the UAE have played twice befor against each other for two draws. Something will have to give tonight. Still seething that the semi final is in Newcastle.

Eric'sCollar

Asked for his wife's permission before signing up
I flicked over to check the tennis for about 15 seconds and missed it. Would a reply kill them...