Asking fans to rate the manager in an online survey

Member 90887

Put down your pitchforks guys, i'm not asking for that and this is not a review of Jose's performance till now thread (besides, i'm for him staying for the foreseeable future). And for those that may feel tempted to turn this into a Jose bashing thread, let's not please, there's plenty of threads for that.

I read an Article on the subject on Skysports this morning, the article describe how Everton (the club) is asking the fans to rate Sam Allardyce and Senior leadership in an Online survery.

The survey included questions like :

• Do you have a high level of trust in the current manager and coaching staff of Everton e.g. in making the right decision to get the best out of the team ? Agree/disagree
  • a high level of trust in the current Everton players e.g. being loyal and performing at their best for the club ? Agree/disagree

I haven't thought about this that much as i'm heading out for work, but the first question i asked myself was: how would this work ?

Surely they're going to take into consideration the survey in any decision they may take about the manager ? why would they do it otherwise.

If so, how are they going to do that ? Can they say for sure that the supporters that answered are Everton supporters ? we saw united's fans hijacking a 'player of the month' survey by voting for Lovren last year, how would they now take these things into consideration ?

Moreover, Would you be for or against something like that ? how may the manager, Allardyce feels in this situation ? would this degrade the relationship between him and the club if the responses are negative ?

Anyway, i though that it was an interesting subjet. here's the link of the article:

http://www.skysports.com/football/n...ardyce-and-senior-leadership-in-online-survey

Kostur

海尔的老板
PR reasons, they'll bin whatever the shit people decide to write there but at the same time some of the fans will feel important, like their opinion matters and all. If I were Bog Sam I'd feel weird if not uncomfortable but since it's Sam, well, feck him.

Micky Targaryen

My eyes are bleeding at the capped Maneger word. :wenger:

On topic though, asking fans to rate the manager or coaching staff or even players would be a disaster, IMO. Too many knee-jerk fans and armchair experts.

Acole9

Outstanding
Someone please change the spelling in the thread title, it's upsetting me.

soccerMad

PR reasons, they'll bin whatever the shit people decide to write there but at the same time some of the fans will feel important, like their opinion matters and all. If I were Bog Sam I'd feel weird if not uncomfortable but since it's Sam, well, feck him.
PR prank.

They can limit this to their season ticket holder only to filter out the unwanted.

But how do you know if they take this in to consideration is anybody guess. I think it's just a PR gimmick to make the fan happy.

Waste of time and money.

el3mel

I don't find it a big problem, as long as the board doesn't just follow what the fans wanted blindly. Just being a part of assessment of the manage not the whole part.

Don't think it was disrespectful for Sam. He has been embarrassed with far more important things in his life if you asked me!