Other Astartes 40k

Hectic

Supports
30fps

I've never played Warhammer 40k and don't really understand anything about what it is or how it works but I saw this a while back and was blown away. It's hard to believe a single person made this. I don't know how accurate it is to the story or lore or whatever 40k is but for one person to design all of it is incredible. Even just the sound alone is amazing.

Last edited:

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal

I've never played Warhammer 40k and don't really understand anything about what it is or how it works but I saw this a while back and was blown away. It's hard to believe a single person made this. I don't know how accurate it is to the story or lore or whatever 40k is but for one person to design all of it is incredible. Even just the sound alone is amazing.
It's incredible isn't it? I can't believe that only one person made the whole thing.

In terms of the lore - the "bad guys" (the spheres) in this are something that is scarcely referred to in any of the lore over the years. Essentially there is very little known about them. So I believe that the creater was able to take some liberties.

I also don't know anything really about the two psychers that were guarding the vault, nor do I know anything about that giant statue thing.

I really hope he is able to expand on this series.

The Marines were spot on, the traitor/corrupted Guardsmen were spot on. The member of the inquisition that tried to penetrate/link into into one of the spheres was spot on. The Captain putting his fist through the member of the inquisition's head as soon as he realised he was corrupted, and his offsider finishing the job - with pure disdain - was spot on.

Last edited:

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
There are top HQ versions that are remastered out too.

I noted that at the very end you can actually see the other Marines (that got sucked into the sphere) appear on top of the pillars at the bottom of the screen. You can't see that on the original non super HD version.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
I had to read through some of the reddit threads that were made each time he uploaded to get a better understanding of what was happening and also see just how much appreciation there was for the finer details like you've mentioned there. Truly brilliant work and I can't wait to see what he's able to come up with next. I can only imagine how satisfying it is to watch for someone who understands the lore.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
There are top HQ versions that are remastered out too.

I noted that at the very end you can actually see the other Marines (that got sucked into the sphere) appear on top of the pillars at the bottom of the screen. You can't see that on the original non super HD version.
The end scene is just incredible with the score as well. I only caught the other marines flashing through and appearing on top of the pillars on a rewatch and the scale it conveys is amazing.

Simbo

Similarly, another one that's really good is Helsreach. One guy animated an audiobook, with the voice acting took from there but I think the rest of the sound is all his. The animation style completely evolves throughout, it was released episodically and I guess he learned as he went along.

Good enough to be released in cinema tbh, and then some.

Oldyella

Similarly, another one that's really good is Helsreach. One guy animated an audiobook, with the voice acting took from there but I think the rest of the sound is all his. The animation style completely evolves throughout, it was released episodically and I guess he learned as he went along.

Good enough to be released in cinema tbh, and then some.

I really liked this one, as you say, can see him develop as they were released. Helps it based on a good book too.