Aston Villa 2021-22

AllGoodNamesRGone

Supports
Arsenal
So that’s villa, Tottenham, Newcastle and Norwich to all have sacked their manager and we are only just into November. Has there been this many sackings this early on in the prem before?

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
:lol: Crazy. I think half of the league will be gone before Ole

Needham

Ten Haag by Tuesday. Meanwhile, Norwich will get Zidane.

Dan600

So that’s villa, Tottenham, Newcastle and Norwich to all have sacked their manager and we are only just into November. Has there been this many sackings this early on in the prem before?
I know it’s regular now, but don’t forget Watford, 5 of 20 :houllier:

Lecland07

At this rate, everyone is going to be sacked before Solskjaer.

Nuno, Farke, Bruce, and Smith. Who next?

DWelbz19

At this rate, everyone is going to be sacked before Solskjaer.

Nuno, Farke, Bruce, and Smith. Who next?
5 , as above. Whoever Watford’s manager was - Sisqo? He was never going to hit the heights of Thong Song ever again tbf

Acole9

Outstanding
Every club getting rid of their manager and we won't. I'm fuming.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I remember the amount of grief Villa fans gave to United fans outside OT after their win so kind of glad that they have been on an awful run since then

Idxomer

His only tactic was "give it to Grealish and hope he does something", no surprise he's been found out after selling him.

CH23

Ten Haag by Tuesday. Meanwhile, Norwich will get Zidane.
I don't want to be a nitpicker and it's not on you but it's bothering me too much that i see "Ten Haag" everywhere on this forum. It's "Ten Hag" with one A :wenger:

James Peril

His only tactic was "give it to Grealish and hope he does something", no surprise he's been found out after selling him.
Obviously a shit post by someone who probably never sees the team play. Smith is leaving Villa with honor and the fans a bit sad, albeit they all agree he’s taken them as far as possible. Should inspire the Old Trafford-gang as well, but here we are two and half years after the matter of fact. Dean Smith, unlike OGS, will have no problem finding work in the Premier League or Championship. Wouldn’t be surprised if he misses the work downstairs, perhaps suits his gritty character better.

Needham

I don't want to be a nitpicker and it's not on you but it's bothering me too much that i see "Ten Haag" everywhere on this forum. It's "Ten Hag" with one A :wenger:
Be great if it was Teen Hag.

::sonny::

Good luck to him. I have Polish ancestry so will be watching him with interest. He waited until they played England twice before declaring. :lol:
Ask for the Polish passport, you could play for their national football team

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Villa are trending on Twitter. Something for our board to consider…

Nero

People on here actually write "Lingaard".

Nickelodeon

Another club with better standards than us. Since winning at OT, they lost all their games. Damning.

visiting villain

Supports
Aston Villa
took long enough for us to sack him. Probably should've happened after the Arsenal game or the West Ham game

Dec9003

I don’t know much about Denmark’s manager, but it would be a really good step up for Hassenhuttl I think, would get them playing really good football.

tomaldinho1

I don’t know much about Denmark’s manager, but it would be a really good step up for Hassenhuttl I think, would get them playing really good football.
Hasenhuttl could get a much better gig in my mind. That Soton team is relegation fodder and he’s made them very functional despite losing his best players every summer. Look at the improvement across the entire team and the hands on coaching there, night and day to what we see. His RBL played such entertaining football as well and he still has their record for best points total in the BL.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Hasenhuttl could get a much better gig in my mind. That Soton team is relegation fodder and he’s made them very functional despite losing his best players every summer. Look at the improvement across the entire team and the hands on coaching there, night and day to what we see. His RBL played such entertaining football as well and he still has their record for best points total in the BL.
Can't see a top 6 club coming in for him so we're probably the best bet given we do give managers plenty of money to spend.

i'd be o.k with him. He got Ings looking better than he has for us so far, we'll probably be in for Ward Prowse again next summer and he promotes young players like Livramento and we have promising crop of young players on the bench so probably ticks a few boxes for our board and won't be that difficult to get out of Southampton.

tomaldinho1

Can't see a top 6 club coming in for him so we're probably the best bet given we do give managers plenty of money to spend.

i'd be o.k with him. He got Ings looking better than he has for us so far, we'll probably be in for Ward Prowse again next summer and he promotes young players like Livramento and we have promising crop of young players on the bench so probably ticks a few boxes for our board and won't be that difficult to get out of Southampton.
I think he’s on a big contract from memory but yh, if he can’t get into a CL club it’s definitely a better platform. That said, United are desperate, he coaches a great press and actually improves players…might be a dark horse. From memory he has a variation of his press where the striker can be less aggressive as well so would even suit Ronnie.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I think he’s on a big contract from memory but yh, if he can’t get into a CL club it’s definitely a better platform. That said, United are desperate, he coaches a great press and actually improves players…might be a dark horse. From memory he has a variation of his press where the striker can be less aggressive as well so would even suit Ronnie.
Imagine the reaction on here if you appointed a manager who you once beat 9-0! :lol:

While he's been in England Spurs have had manager job vacant three times I think and that's probably sort of realistic for him but don't think he's even been in the running so can't see him being on radar of likes of Liverpool or Arsenal if those managerial vacancies come up in next 18 months.

So really it's either going back to Bundesliga or going to mid table club with vast fortune so likes of us or Newcastle would perhaps be in the frame.

tomaldinho1

Imagine the reaction on here if you appointed a manager who you once beat 9-0! :lol:

While he's been in England Spurs have had manager job vacant three times I think and that's probably sort of realistic for him but don't think he's even been in the running so can't see him being on radar of likes of Liverpool or Arsenal if those managerial vacancies come up in next 18 months.

So really it's either going back to Bundesliga or going to mid table club with vast fortune so likes of us or Newcastle would perhaps be in the frame.
I think your biggest competition (regardless of the manager) will be Everton. Feel like Rafa is one loss away from a revolt given his Pool connections.

I think he’d be great but people do tend to lack the ability to view results in isolation (in the same way until the Ole-Inners all finally gave up, the 9-0 win was always referenced as proof of Ole playing exciting football despite the fact the results around that were a loss to Sheffield United, draw with Arsenal and draw with Everton).

Winzaghi

Supports
Aston Villa
I think your biggest competition (regardless of the manager) will be Everton. Feel like Rafa is one loss away from a revolt given his Pool connections.

I think he’d be great but people do tend to lack the ability to view results in isolation (in the same way until the Ole-Inners all finally gave up, the 9-0 win was always referenced as proof of Ole playing exciting football despite the fact the results around that were a loss to Sheffield United, draw with Arsenal and draw with Everton).
I'd very happily take Rafa off there hands if that's the case to be honest. Especially after reading some of the names swirling around. Gerrard? Lampard? FFS.