Atmosphere last night... or lack of.

Denis' cuff

Depending on where you are you can get a distorted impression of the overall atmosphere whereas on the box the whole tends to come across.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
So you think people watching on telly are in a better position to judge atmosphere than people at the game?
I never said that, but from where I was watching it today all I could hear was the away contingent singing with the occasional song from United. Again, as others pointed out this might be due to Sky's audio positioning rather than the fans. And I've apologised already for feck sake, it's not like I'm living in Siberia and have never been to Old Trafford, I couldn't go this week and probably can't go much this year. =p

decorativeed

Complete bollocks isn't it. I go to a lot of games and despite being "in the midst of it" in the K Stand, I can tell which games have a good atmosphere with lots of songs being sung and which don't. It was good today, but what gets broadcast is at the complete discression of the engineers at Sky or whoever. They can turn some mics up and others down. Seeing as a lot of our songs are riddled with expletives and all Arsenal fans sing is "Cam on Arsenew" or "We lav you Arsenew", they leave them on full volume. You cannot judge what the home crowd was like by watching on TV. Lots of songs got an airing today, lots of laughs were had, it was loud and jovial throughout.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
It doesn't though, not at all, because as has already been mentioned it depends on the placement of microphones. People at the match are clearly best placed to judge the noise levels.

McLovin

Bites pillows thinking of John Terry
Complete bollocks isn't it. I go to a lot of games and despite being "in the midst of it" in the K Stand, I can tell which games have a good atmosphere with lots of songs being sung and which don't. It was good today, but what gets broadcast is at the complete discression of the engineers at Sky or whoever. They can turn some mics up and others down. Seeing as a lot of our songs are riddled with expletives and all Arsenal fans sing is "Cam on Arsenew" or "We lav you Arsenew", they leave them on full volume. You cannot judge what the home crowd was like by watching on TV. Lots of songs got an airing today, lots of laughs were had, it was loud and jovial throughout.
Well said.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I never said that, but from where I was watching it today all I could hear was the away contingent singing with the occasional song from United. Again, as others pointed out this might be due to Sky's audio positioning rather than the fans. And I've apologised already for feck sake, it's not like I'm living in Siberia and has never been to Old Trafford. =p
I was talking to DC

Denis' cuff

fair enough (re microphones) there is a degree of that but it just didn't sound as full-on as usual. I don't make a habit of having a go because it is generally good but just thought it a bit half-hearted too.

bsc

Yup

The Giggs one was a particular treat

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
"Spend sam fawkin monaaay" was enjoyable aswell.

EvilChuck

You could hear Sky adjusting the volume levels up when Arse fans were singing 'we love you Arsenal' for 10 minutes or however long, it wasnt even a gradual rise in volume.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Deary me...This thread.

:disapprovingfingerwaggingsmilie:

Great day today...Carnival atmosphere for the most part...Like Nick said, credit to the Arse fans for their half hour mantra chant, but there was nothing whatsoever wrong with the atmos today.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Atmosphere in North Stand was fantastic today where I sit, last time it was that good was CSKA Moscow 3-3. From the off punters singing and enjoying it. Had a mate in East Tier 1 and another in Stretty Tier 1 and they said the same.

kps88

Atmosphere in North Stand was fantastic today where I sit, last time it was that good was CSKA Moscow 3-3. From the off punters singing and enjoying it. Had a mate in East Tier 1 and another in Stretty Tier 1 and they said the same.
:eek:

42 euros

Aka Giggs 11 times
Interesting that it wasn't just sky tv that portrayed the atmosphere as shite, I was in the NE quad yesterday and I thought the atmosphere for a lot of the match was shite too. People complain about the North stand but I was in there for the chelsea game and it was rocking. Never ever going in the NE quad again - been in the NW a few times and you get a great noise from the stretty.

The noise didn't carry much from the stretty (which was at least trying) and I was probaly too high to hear the k stand. Sad part was I could clearly hear the Arse fans for most of the game and "We lav you Arse nell" was really getting on my tits after ten mins. Seems to me the location of the mics is the biggest factor to the sound on TV at home.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Were you there? Atmos was decent where I was sat in the K Stand, but must give credit to the Arse fans, they kept it up despite the pummelling.
Was good in the East Stand. Arsenal fans were on top for 10-15 minutes after half time but barely heard them over us otherwise. They deserve credit for singing throughout the 2nd half when being stuffed but it took until 3-1 before they started doing anything.
Yep - all good in East, the K Stand Barmy Army in good form!