Atmosphere Next Season

TheReligion

Abusive
Didn't say there was one, just that the guy is entitled to his own opinion. Don't like the way everyone pops out of the woodwork to have a pop.

Silly.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
While Pablo's post was obviously confrontational, I think he is just expressing the frustration of many fans who are not interested in the politics and just want to keep watching football and do whatever they can to support Manchester United

We will have to wait and see what effect any boycott has on atmosphere - hopefully once the season kicks off it will be business as usual inside the ground.

didsbury1982

While Pablo's post was obviously confrontational, I think he is just expressing the frustration of many fans who are not interested in the politics and just want to keep watching football and do whatever they can to support Manchester United

We will have to wait and see what effect any boycott has on atmosphere - hopefully once the season kicks off it will be business as usual inside the ground.
If you want to do whatever you can to support Manchester United you'd take an interest in the way the club was run though surely? But then that's part of the problem isn't it. And how do you mean when you say business as usual in the ground :) If you are referring to atmosphere I certainly don't!

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Couldn't agree more - one poster comes into a thread with a knowingly confrontational point of view, a few other posters take the piss back... what's the problem?
But you'll happily walk around saying "feck the Glazers".

If you're going to have an opinion, don't be pissed when people have a different one to you.

Just because you think the Caf should be a Green and Gold sanctuary doesn't mean it is.

Pablo's as sick of the G&G campaign as I and a hell of a lot of other people are. It's turned into a big joke now, how many people do you see suited and booted from the feet to the eyebrows from the United Megastore with a Green and Gold scarf around their neck.

It's funny how many people can find their voice to sing about the Glazers yet sit down quietly and barely sing along to any of the proper United chants.

You think Green and Gold is representing the real fans? Is it bollocks, it's the latest fad all the fans from far afield wear because they think it makes them a proper fan on match day.

Like Pablo, I'll be there in my Red United shirt singing for United.

feck MUST. I'll get my MUST membership back when they start looking after fans interests again rather than this very tired anti Glazer campaign.

I wonder who's profiting from all these Green and Gold scarft flying around. You think it's not in someones interest to keep this campaign going?

Sir A1ex

If you're going to have an opinion, don't be pissed when people have a different one to you.
My point exactly - he gave it the big one, he got some back. No problem there.

Are you saying we're not allowed to criticise him?

Pablo's as sick of the G&G campaign as I and a hell of a lot of other people are. It's turned into a big joke now, how many people do you see suited and booted from the feet to the eyebrows from the United Megastore with a Green and Gold scarf around their neck.
I agree that's pretty dumb, but it doesn't detract from the campaign and its goals as a whole.

Green & Gold in particular (as opposed to other elements of the anti-Glazer movment) is designed to bring fans together, from right across the spectrum.

Whilst I wouldn't agree with the decisions of people wearing the latest replica kit and a G&G scarf, I wouldn't have a go at them either, as the whole point is inclusiveness.

I find it sad that peole like you feel the need to sit there sniping from the outside.

It's funny how many people can find their voice to sing about the Glazers yet sit down quietly and barely sing along to any of the proper United chants.

You think Green and Gold is representing the real fans? Is it bollocks, it's the latest fad all the fans from far afield wear because they think it makes them a proper fan on match day.
Right, both those points are just total bollocks, and if you've been to Old Trafford since the start of the G&G campaign you know that full well.

The Stretford end is full of long-time regulars, who stand and sing for the whole match, who are now wearing Green and Gold.

I really don't know if you're lying about what you've seen at OT or lying about actually going to OT, but you're lying about one or the other.

As is your right, and I can assure you that there will be lots of peole in Green & Gold joining you in those songs, contrary to your weird opinion.

Just a shame that your so determined to stick to this anti-G&G agenda that there are now several songs, some of which go on for a long time, that you can't join in.

I'm the same with the odd song, like the last verse of IYLS, but fortunatley that's very brief and doesn't get sung often.

feck MUST. I'll get my MUST membership back when they start looking after fans interests again rather than this very tired anti Glazer campaign.
Out of interest, when did you join MUST?

I wonder who's profiting from all these Green and Gold scarft flying around. You think it's not in someones interest to keep this campaign going?
Well, ignoring the scarf-producers who are obviously making them for a profit, MUST get the money from the "official" MUST ones, whereas the street-vendors or internet shopts get the money from the others.

I don't really understand how you didn't already know this... there's no mystery or secret about it...

UnitedRoadRed

Pexbo, surely getting United away from the Glazers is in the fans' interests?
Or have you forgotten about the price rises, the ACS and the money leaving the club?

TonyMontana

The atmosphere at Old Trafford has been bad in the last 10 or 15 years, what is the problem?

you mean it will get WORSE than that? What is worse than silence?

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
If you want to do whatever you can to support Manchester United you'd take an interest in the way the club was run though surely? But then that's part of the problem isn't it. And how do you mean when you say business as usual in the ground :) If you are referring to atmosphere I certainly don't!
Yes but as you know some people think things arent too bad (and of course some just arent interested) so they just want to forget the depressing politics and focus on the football.

and yes you are right - I would actually like it to be a hell of a lot better than business as usual but not getting any worse would be a good start!

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Old Trafford isn't somewhere i can relate to anymore.

I'm only 18 and dissulusioned with my club already :(

MDFC Manager

Just because you think the Caf should be a Green and Gold sanctuary doesn't mean it is.

Lads brace yourself for another 10 page thread.

Boothy

Aye, green and gold will die out next season, but I wasnt talking about that, Just the atmosphere as a whole

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
My point exactly - he gave it the big one, he got some back. No problem there.

Are you saying we're not allowed to criticise him?
You weren't criticising his points, you were telling him he can't come in and tell people to feck off which is not what he did.

I agree that's pretty dumb, but it doesn't detract from the campaign and its goals as a whole.
"Goals as a whole" is my point entirely. MUST have got so involved with their self importance that they are forgetting about the fans. MUST was set up for the fans, it is a supporters trust. The voice of the fans. Only it's not that anymore at all is it?

It's an anti Glazer club now. I was member for 3 years up until December last year when I realised they had taken their eye on the ball. As a United Supporter I can see that the Glazers are going nowhere no matter how much grief we give them.

I have said time and time again that it's time they start focusing on specific issues instead of just trying to rid the Glazers. People are arguing that they won't listen and keep on with the Green and Gold campaign as if they are listening to that. It's pointless.

Will MUST listen to me? Will they have someone to represent mine, and a hell of alot of other peoples opinions? Will they feck.

They are too busy watching thousands of people achieve feck all by wearing Newton Heath's colours.

Green & Gold in particular (as opposed to other elements of the anti-Glazer movment) is designed to bring fans together, from right across the spectrum.
Lovely story. I forgot how seperate we were when we all wore the same shade of Red.

Whilst I wouldn't agree with the decisions of people wearing the latest replica kit and a G&G scarf, I wouldn't have a go at them either, as the whole point is inclusiveness.
So you are ok with how many people are ignorant to the reasons of your campaign as long as they make the campaign look popular and as if people know what it's about and "believe in it"?

I find it sad that peole like you feel the need to sit there sniping from the outside.
Sad that I as a United fan am getting very sick of a pointless campaign? Getting sick of watching how many energy is going into achieving the impossible instead of trying to campaign for more respect and negotiate better conditions of us as fans?

The Stretford end is full of long-time regulars, who stand and sing for the whole match, who are now wearing Green and Gold.
The Stretford end makes up only a percentage of United fans in the stadium at each match. Whats your point?

As is your right, and I can assure you that there will be lots of peole in Green & Gold joining you in those songs, contrary to your weird opinion.
I didn't say there wouldn't be lots of the Green and Golder's joining in, but instead of singing the LUHG chants if they started to sing some United chants of old then there would be a much more positive atmosphere that everyone would enjoy alot more.

I go to watch the game and support the players, I'm sick of hearing about the Glazers now.

Just a shame that your so determined to stick to this anti-G&G agenda that there are now several songs, some of which go on for a long time, that you can't join in.
It is indeed a shame for me that people now would rather sing about how much they hate Uncle Malc instead of how much they love Rooney.

Out of interest, when did you join MUST?
In 2006 just after they changed from being Shareholders United when I was listening to their propaganda, I did my research late last year and found out alot of it was very misguiding.

Well, ignoring the scarf-producers who are obviously making them for a profit, MUST get the money from the "official" MUST ones, whereas the street-vendors or internet shopts get the money from the others.

I don't really understand how you didn't already know this... there's no mystery or secret about it...
Of course I knew about the MUST ones but how many of them sold do you actually think come through MUST. Someone somewhere is profiting when they supply the Internet stores and the Street sellers. I'd garentuee you that even if they have nothing to do with MUST, they are still helping and encouraging this propaganda to get spread out there.

Sir A1ex

You weren't criticising his points, you were telling him he can't come in and tell people to feck off which is not what he did.
Where did I or anybody else say he can't post that?

Go on, show me, you seem to be able to use the quote function OK, so it shouldn't be hard.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
Where did I or anybody else say he can't post that?

Go on, show me, you seem to be able to use the quote function OK, so it shouldn't be hard.

Ok if you are going to be pedantic then you
are right but you were clearly making it obvious you thought his opinion wasn't welcome on the Caf by trying to make out that he was telling specific people to feck off. He was saying feck this and feck that to certain campaigns he disagrees with. He's more than entitled to do that of if anything you were trying to manipulate it so it looks like he was slagging iff his fellow supporters which he clearly wasn't.

Bread

Do you know what would be the best thing about if the Glazers left?

PEOPLE WOULD STOP ARGUING ABOUT THE feckING GLAZERS

Forever Red

feck your LUHG
feck your G+G
feck your Red Knights
feck everyone who doesnt support United next year through thick and thin.

I'll be there, game in game out, again, in my red Utd shirt, keeping the red flag flying high and singing my heart out to the tunes of Utd songs.

As will the other 54 people I travel with week in week out, bar 2 who have lost their jobs.

Well said Avram

:rolleyes:

ralphie88

feck your LUHG
feck your G+G
feck your Red Knights
feck everyone who doesnt support United next year through thick and thin.

I'll be there, game in game out, again, in my red Utd shirt, keeping the red flag flying high and singing my heart out to the tunes of Utd songs.

As will the other 54 people I travel with week in week out, bar 2 who have lost their jobs.
That's a lot of fecking you'll have to do. Will you have the energy to actually get behind the team next season?