Attack is being stifled by constantly looking through the middle of the pitch

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I've noticed recently in particular we seem so over reliant on trying to force it through the middle.

Every time we get the ball wide we pass into the midfielders feet. We cut in to have a shot that gets blocked, when we do cross it the angle is already too narrow and the defence head it away easily.

This coincides with why we keep getting counter attacked too. We run into brick walls and they speed off while the midfield get ahead of the ball.

I can't remember the last time we scored an easy tap in from a cut back.

We need to use the overlap more often to keep teams guessing, it's so blatant.

FahadiHossein

I've noticed recently in particular we seem so over reliant on trying to force it through the middle.

Every time we get the ball wide we pass into the midfielders feet. We cut in to have a shot that gets blocked, when we do cross it the angle is already too narrow and the defence head it away easily.

This coincides with why we keep getting counter attacked too. We run into brick walls and they speed off while the midfield get ahead of the ball.

I can't remember the last time we scored an easy tap in from a cut back.

We need to use the overlap more often to keep teams guessing, it's so blatant.
Teams know how to counter us now. The reason is that OGS wants the team to invite pressure, and do a quick one-two and a through ball from the middle to the flanks. And then, the counterattack begins.

The reason why we get counterattacked is because we don't control the game. We just keep on making rash decisions in order to launch counter attacks, but teams see this and know to press us as high as possible and counterattack our attempts to counterattacks.

This team does not overlap at all, and this is in contrast to Liverpool that relies primarily on creating overlaps and underlaps. Shaw does more underlapping than overlapping (he runs between the right-back and right center back). AWB can't cross at all. So the team relies on counter attacks so to rely more on the forwards than the wing-backs.