Film Attack on Titan 進撃の巨人

Cal?

CR7 fan

This is already showing in Japan and will be on in HK this week, looks great.

OldRed73

Looks good - no doubt there will be a US version with Nic Cage :D

Revan

Assumptionman
What's up with the anime, will there be more episodes?
To continue in 2016, the last time I checked.

The trailer looks great and the actors seem to be similar to the characters of the anime. Does anyone know if this will be given in Europe?

Simbo

That's weird timing, never watched any anime before but wanted something to watch tonight and there was a few in imdb's top 20 so thought I'd give Attack on Titan a try.

Its the most insane thing i've ever watched but I think I'm hooked.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Is it a TV show? If so it looks really good for a TV show.
I hate animated shows that become live action. They never come out well. The Last Airbender and Dragon Ball Z as certain examples. I think Attack on Titan is alright as an anime, the trailer looked really lame seeing it in live-action.
Those two films were American made. Can't compare that to the passion of the Japanese. The Death Note movie trilogy did alright in converting the manga/anime material.

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
It looks cheap and ugly. Surely such a huge name could have comanded an effects budget that extended beyond that of your average youtuber.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue

Those two films were American made. Can't compare that to the passion of the Japanese. The Death Note movie trilogy did alright in converting the manga/anime material.
The trailer? Nah. It looks grainy and ugly with too many special effects. The show on the other hand is quite beautiful.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
The trailer? Nah. It looks grainy and ugly with too many special effects. The show on the other hand is quite beautiful.

I've seen the show. Was asking if OP was a TV show or a movie.

It looks grainy because that's the animation style in the beginning, that is the narrative part. Can't do it without special effects. How else are you going to make the giants or the fights or the whole town? Not really a show I ever thought would get remade like that.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
They cut the Levi character from the movie. Been over a year since I watched it but he seemed like one of the lead characters, even the protagonist for a short while during the middle of the season if I remember it right.

Hal9000

No it's a live action movie.

There is the Anime TV show, and also two Anime movies called Attack on Titan Part 1: Crimson Bow and Part 2: Wings of Freedom. The Anime movies are just edited down versions of the TV show that gets rid of the boring filler and huge long dialogue that you usually get with Japanese Anime.

Revan

Assumptionman
They cut the Levi character from the movie. Been over a year since I watched it but he seemed like one of the lead characters, even the protagonist for a short while during the middle of the season if I remember it right.
Yep. No idea why the cut Levi. He was definitely very important and easily in top 5 characters (main one, his 'sister', their friend, the antagonist and Levi were the main characters).

Seem to have forgot all their names.

ArmandTamzarian

Supports
Liverpool
Started watching the Anime series at the weekend on Netflix and i'm hooked now, haven't watched any Anime for years now but really enjoying this, think im about 16 episodes in, it's mental, but in a good way.

Dante

Average bang
I honestly think the anime is the best thing on TV at the moment. Anyone watching the second series?

3KDré

I honestly think the anime is the best thing on TV at the moment. Anyone watching the second series?
I am going to soon. I need to rewatch the first season first though. I can't wait. Is it really that good?

Dante

Average bang
I am going to soon. I need to rewatch the first season first though. I can't wait. Is it really that good?
It's the only show I watch regularly where I'm never tempted to check my phone whilst it's on. And every episode always feels like it's about 5 minutes long because of how much they pack in.

This season, in particular, has been amazing.

3KDré

It's the only show I watch regularly where I'm never tempted to check my phone whilst it's on. This season, in particular, has been amazing.
I usually watch Anime subbed so I can't check my phone ever :lol:. But that's kind of a good thing because it engages me more.

EDIT: Crap I just realised this is the TV show not the anime.

Ignore anything I said earlier:lol:
EDIT 2: I am so confused right now.

hobbers

Watching it, but knowing all the spoilers from the manga certainly takes away a lot of the impact.

Dante

Average bang
I usually watch Anime subbed so I can't check my phone ever :lol:. But that's kind of a good thing because it engages me more.
Even accounting for that, I can't think of another show that flies by so quickly and leaves me wanting so much more.

Jagga7

Just finished Season 2. I thought it was really good albeit only 12 episodes. The show is fecking crazy, it always takes interesting turns. I can't wait to see the beast titan in full action.

My guess is a lot them were titans roaming around the earth before turning back into human form. It's a shame we have to wait another year and I don't want to spoil it by reading the manga. :mad:

Cloud7

This season was amazing. That's really the only word that can describe it. In addition to the episodes themselves being so good, there were some moments that I felt were perfectly done.

The scene with Ymir's history I thought was beautiful. How the story was told, the song that was played during the scene, as well as the animation (the sky) made that scene magical. Also Berthold and Reiner's reveal I thought was very well done.

Revan

Assumptionman
Didn't like the second season near as much as the first one. The first one to me is the best Anime I have watched after Death Note, but the second season was so so. The soundtrack was the best thing in the second season.

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
This anime series is pretty super. It is getting more and more weird which is just fine with me, plenty of cool characters, but also plenty of dead cool characters.

Monologues can be a bit cringy, and while not really a problem, almost every other character is more interesting than the main one, Eren. Who shouts way too much.

Season 2, episode 4 at the moment, and looking forward to every next episode.

Any more stuff like this?

evil_geko

Watched the first season when it came out which was 7 years ago or something so I forgot everything pretty much, would have to rewatch it from beginning to continue.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Any more stuff like this?
Unfortunately not, for this particular medium (which excludes manga like Berserk that didn't receive a proper anime treatment), Shingeki is pretty unique in terms of blockbuster appeal and keeping you on the edge of your seat. That level of intrigue and underlying complexity is approximated by very few shows, off the top of my head Steins;Gate, Neon Genesis Evangelion, parts of Death Note, Fullmetal Alchemist, Shinsekai yori, Baccano!, Legend of Galactic Heroes, Re:Zero — but they either belong to slightly different segments (e.g. Re:Zero is isekai and more childish) or are a bit dated by now (e.g. Legend of Galactic Heroes first aired in 1982 and the action sequences in particular can feel rather underwhelming). Was recommended Kōtetsujō no Kabaneri from the same studio, but it's an utterly unstimulating zombie wankfest + Snowpiercer crossover.

P.S. Have you considered the canonical OVAs? I would definitely give No Regrets (Levi's backstory) and Ilse's Notebook (memoir of a Survey Corps bloke) a watch.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4032858/
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3249632/

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Best thing on TV for me right now, which is fecking odd for an anime if I'm honest. Rare example of a TV show that has increased in quality every season and looks like ending on a massive high.

Also the only show I never skip the intro on. The music is too good!

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
P.S. Have you considered the canonical OVAs? I would definitely give No Regrets (Levi's backstory) and Ilse's Notebook (memoir of a Survey Corps bloke) a watch.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4032858/
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3249632/
Didn't, but thanks for letting me know about them! Found some more...

Ilse's Notebook
The Sudden Visitor
Distress
No Regrets 1 and 2
and Lost Girls

Seems I can already watch first four, and leave Lost Girls after first part of season 3.