Attention Shareholders - Vote against the Glazers

Twisted_Woody

Scout
The AGM is on June 3rd and the directors are up for election. This group comprises the Glazer family, Woodward, and some others. While it is unlikely they will lose, anyone who has shares should be voting against - to send a message if nothing else.

Stevondo8

as the glazers own all the shares with voting rights, nothing is happening at the agm

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
as the glazers own all the shares with voting rights, nothing is happening at the agm
Could shit on the doorstep of the agm in protest. If it's a virtual agm replace actual shit with poo emojis.

Skills

Snitch
Why would people who are financially invested in the club do that?

If I was invested in the club, I'd say now is the time to stop the irresponsible spending of the last 7 years. Keep tight for the next few years, protect my share value while the global economy recovers.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee

Willbros

Unfortunately it’s not how it works, the shares floated on the NYC stock market are category Of shares that hold little to none voting rights. The Glazers arent stupid, they sold shares like this to raise cash but to still keep all control, it’s quite rare they release shares that actually hold any power.

‘As is often the case in this kind of situation, the devil was in the detail. At the time of the club's IPO, the shares put up for sale were divided into "A" and "B" classes’

you’ll find more detail online but the article below explains abit.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...news/man-utd-glazers-shares-woodward-16977534

Twisted_Woody

Scout
https://www.statista.com/statistics/383951/manchester-united-major-shareholders/

The shares with voting rights.

Percentage of total voting power
Joel M. Glazer17.26%
Avram Glazer16.4%
Darcie Glazer Kassewitz16.39%
Kevin Glazer16.34%
Bryan G. Glazer15.56%
Edward S. Glazer Irrevocable Exempt Trust15.25%
Edward S. Glazer0.04%
Showing entries 1 to 7 (7 entries in total)
The class B shares have voting rights. I'm well aware it is a pointless exercise but I'll be voting against with the pitiful weight I have.

Unfortunately it’s not how it works, the shares floated on the NYC stock market are category Of shares that hold little to none voting rights. The Glazers arent stupid, they sold shares like this to raise cash but to still keep all control, it’s quite rare they release shares that actually hold any power.

‘As is often the case in this kind of situation, the devil was in the detail. At the time of the club's IPO, the shares put up for sale were divided into "A" and "B" classes’

you’ll find more detail online but the article below explains abit.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...news/man-utd-glazers-shares-woodward-16977534
Again, the point would be to vote against. There is no way to win, but send a message.

Boycott sponsors, boycott anything that makes those vultures a thing and vote against if you have the ability.

Willbros

The class B shares have voting rights. I'm well aware it is a pointless exercise but I'll be voting against with the pitiful weight I have.

Again, the point would be to vote against. There is no way to win, but send a message.

Boycott sponsors, boycott anything that makes those vultures a thing and vote against if you have the ability.
Yeah it’s a tough one, it’s like Russians voting against having Putin in power. It’s an impossible task.

It’s actually criminal the amount of money they have raised from these shares with the little to no say you have in the club if you purchase them. It’s a total of 1.3% voting rights!

Could fans who oppose the Glazers buy the shares and use them to get rid of the owners?

Not unless the Glazers sell a lot more shares, particularly ones with greater voting power. The Glazers are putting up 8,333,333 Class A shares. In addition, the underwriters have a 30-day option to buy a further 2,500,000 shares if there is a high demand. However, if they don't, there are still a further 39,685,700 Class A shares and 124,000,000 Class B shares in the hands of the Glazers - in other words, a vast majority of 90%. Plus Class A shares carry one vote per share and Class B shares 10 votes per share so, in terms of voting rights, the public investors will have 1.3% and the Red Football LLC - a holding company for the Glazers - 98.7%.