Auction Draft Chaos 2021 R1 - Michael vs Ecstatic

With all players at their peak, which team do you think would win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Michael

VS

Ecstatic

Michael Tactics

My team will play a 4-2-3-1 formation. My defence is led by the great Uruguayan captain Obdulio Varela who is one of the greatest leaders and defensive midfielders of all time. My defence also features Vierchowod who Maradona considered his toughest opponent and van Basten considered one of the two best defenders he ever faced. Additionally Burgnich is a good tactical fit for handling an inside forward such as Rivaldo.

In attack, I see two main routes to goal. Firstly Bochini and Falcao's inch perfect through balls to unleash the pace of my attackers (particularly Blokhin and Spencer). Falcao was also brilliant at anticipating where the ball will be a few passes ahead of time as well as escaping from markers. Secondly, I see Figo getting the better of Hernandez and providing crosses for Spencer whom Pele considered a better header than he was (particularly if Chumpitaz who is only 1.7m tall plays).

Ecstatic Tactics

AIME JACQUET - THE ARCHITECT OF THE RECONSTRUCTION OF FRANCE AFTER THE 1994 FIASCO - PHASE 1 IN 1994-96

Euro 96 - semi-final - Final score 0-0

Captain / Vice Captain - Desailly / Vieira
France/Brazil Style - French destroy the opposing team and Brazilian to score.
tps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vdnSHfMAhDo
France with Aime Jacquet - 30 consecutive games undefeated from 16 February 1994 (the 1st game for the coach) to 9 October 1996
France when Vieira is available
WC 98 - France wins
Euro 00 - France wins
WC 06 - France reaches the WC Final
France when Vieira is injured
WC 02 - France exit at the group stage
Euro 04 - France lost in QF against Greeve
Euro 08 - France exit at the group stage
Time to celebrate Careca as a deep-lying forward with a tremendous activity

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Which Hernandez is this? Lucas? Theo?

GodShaveTheQueen

We mean it man, we love our queen!
Really well built teams. The chemistry on both sides is just excellent.

Varela against Brazilians :drool:

Marquinhos and Hernandez don't belong in an all time draft though. Clear gulf in quality in defense.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
I like both teams. Michael's is perfectly constructed imo, and puts great players in the position to play at their best. Ecstatic's setup is innovative and there's lots to like about it as well, but I think the left side could use one more creative player behind Rivaldo. Desailly/Vieira is a great midfield base already.

Last edited:

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
And what formation are you playing @Ecstatic rance Euro'96 was a 4-3-2-1 pyramid. Your team sheet is a 4-4-2 diamond.
The proposed tactical approach relies on players whose role are relatively similar from a tactical standpoint:
- 2 lateral defenders: one more offensive (Kaltz/Lizarazu), the other more conservative (Thuram/Hernandez)
- 3 defensive midfielders
- a number 10
- a free-role forward: Djorkaeff/Rivaldo
- a wandering striker: Careca/Loko

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Marquinhos and Hernandez don't belong in an all time draft though. Clear gulf in quality in defense.
I haven't had the time to prepare this game and highlight these players but believe there are amongst the best defenders of the last 10 years and the idea was also to refresh things.

I really like Marquinhos who is a true leader (several goals scored this year and last year in Champions League), the only one active defender in the French league who can apply for an all time draft :)

Lucas Hernandez is not a sexy player but he perfectly fits the football philosophy !!

Last edited: