Auction Draft Chaos 2021 R1 - P-Nut vs NM

With all players at their peak, which team do you think would win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
P-Nut

Ldq29KDl.jpg

VS

NM

The-Mighty-Magyars-do-Joga-Bonito-formation-tactics.png

P-Nut Tactics

Team is built around possession football. The idea is to have everyone on the pitch comfortable on the ball and allow Beckenbauer to set a base for the attackers in front of him to produce their magic.

Defense is pretty self explanatory, two no nonsense centre backs who will look to the full backs or Beckenbauer with simple passes.

Full backs each have different roles, Facchetti will bomb up and down the flank overlapping Nedved in typical all action style. Kimmich will be more reserved, adding his passing quality to the backline and a link up with team mate Muller on the right.

Beckenbauer will set the stage for the attackers ahead of him. Closing off the middle of the park and stepping up to dictate the play, think a much enhanced version of Fernandinho when City played with Silva and De Bruyne ahead of him.

Attacking midfield

Kaka and Silva much like the full backs have split roles, Silva will be the orchestrator of the attack adding finesse and silky passes, whilst Kaka will bring his dribbling to the table as well as pushing beyond Kane to support attacks.

Wingers/wide midfielders

Nedved will play his usual game, drifting in from the flank to provide craft and guile, linking up with Kaka, Silva and Kane would be a sight to behold.
Muller on the opposite side will provide his hard work, and the ability to get in and around the box and pop up with goals.

Kane will link the attack together bringing undoubted goals whilst adding the play making we have seen from him this season.

NM Tactics

Defense:

In goal, I have Ricardo Zamora. One of the pre-war greats. The central defensive partnership is the classic stopper and sweeper / ball playet (John Terry and Thiago Silva). On the right flank Carlos Alberto will dominate and carry on his world cup winning partnership with Jairzinho, while on the left flank Karl-Heinz Schnellinger will provide solidarity and the able to play narrow and cover if needed. All in all, a very defensively solid back 4, with excellent ball playing abilitites

Midfield:
The midfield is balanced with a box-to-box, deep lying playmaker, and one of the greatest passers of all time. Marco Tardelli will provide the steel, focussing on giving the others freedom to play, while also supporting the attack occasionally. Jozef Bozsik will pull the strings in midfield, and Michael Laudrup will run the show, spraying passes around to the marvelous talent around him.

Attack:
There are 3 GOAT candidates in their respective positions. Jairzinho will combine with C. Alberto on the right and push forward at every opportunity. Zoltan Czibor on the left will float all along the front line and go into the center forward position (as he did for Hungary) and Ferenc Puskas will play the nominal center forward. he will drop deep to overwhelm the opposition midfield and allow Jairzinho and Czibor to step up (again similar to what he did for both Hungary and Madrid)

Why I win:
1. Combinations: I have three of the Magyars all playing in positions that suit them and replicate what they did. C. Alberto and Jairzinho is also a world cup winning combination
2. Balance. The team is well balanced and has amazing passers that will keep the ball in all positions, and has the ability to dominate any midfield with its skill
3. Attacking Goats. My "front 4" per se are all GOAT candidates in their positions (Puskas, Laudrup, Czibor, Garrincha)
4. If nothing else, this team would be absolutely beautfiul to watch and would be entertaining.. At the end of the day, that's why I watch and play the game, and that's why this team should go to the next round!

Good luck P-Nut. Should be fun

Think @NM lacks a proper CF, will wait for him to expand on this. As for @P-Nut the midfield looks a bit lightweight.

Seen Spain vs Brazil 1962 with Puskas recently, and I thought his false-nine-like moves & link up play were pretty amazing (and he was 35 at that point).

That said, I understand the false nine role as creating space for teammates making runs into CF positions. So my first question would be what people think of the Laudrup/Jairzinho/Czibor cast in that regard?

Last edited:
Seen Spain vs Brazil 1962 with Puskas recently, and I thought his false-nine-like moves & link up play were pretty amazing (and he was 35 at that point).

That said, I understand the false nine role as creating space for teammates making runs into CF positions. So my first question would be what people think of the Laudrup/Jairzinho/Czibor case in that regard?
Imo Jairzinho and Czibor are great for that role. Laudrup you would want more on the ball rather than making runs and finding space.

Strong teams.
Think @NM lacks a proper CF, will wait for him to expand on this. As for @P-Nut the midfield looks a bit lightweight.
Puskas looks well placed there in my view. Plus the directness of Jairzinho and Czibor provides natural outlets for Laudrup.

With Bozsik and Laudrup there, dont see the need for Puskas to drop, definitely would prefer him to stay up top always.

I'd also swap Bozsik and Tardelli as the left hand side already has a lot of creativity.

Other than those minor points, its an excellent team.

Pnut's team looks very nice too but I think NM will win this.

That said, I understand the false nine role as creating space for teammates making runs into CF positions. So my first question would be what people think of the Laudrup/Jairzinho/Czibor cast in that regard?
That really depends on which Laudrup is he using there. The 1986 (+- 2 years) version of him is a great fit, when he played as a second striker (obviously wonderfully creative) next to Elkjær. His later version was a bit more similar to your orthodox number 10 (even though he played as a false 9 or in the wings from time to time) — in that case I’d rather have a proper striker-Puskas in front of him.

Both versions work tbf, and Jairzinho provides a great outlet on the right for either one of them.

Kaka doesn't fit in well in a possession based team I think. He's at his best on the counter with space to run into so that he can burn teams with his pace.

No real concerns with NM's team for me. Looks like a good side if those wingers hug the touchline.

Kaka should be ahead of Nedved. Potentially a diamond might be better for this team.
Here I have to agree with Edgar. Nedved and Müller give you at least some hope that this formation will work (granted, Beckenbauer has to produce an incredible performance, but if anyone is capable of it)... Still, Kaka looks so odd in this 4-3-3. Realistically I think if this thing was to work, Nedved (and probably Kimmich) would have to spend a lot of time in midfield.

Hi all - will start responding to posts in a few minutes (just woke up!) but I can't see P-Nut's team graphic? Is it just me?

Also, what's the protocol? Do we vote for each other for me to see what the votes are like?

Hi all - will start responding to posts in a few minutes (just woke up!) but I can't see P-Nut's team graphic? Is it just me?

Also, what's the protocol? Do we vote for each other for me to see what the votes are like?

Vote for yourself and our votes just don't count. Will start replying in a minute

Swap Silva and Kaka?

Kaka should be ahead of Nedved. Potentially a diamond might be better for this team.

Here I have to agree with Edgar. Nedved and Müller give you at least some hope that this formation will work (granted, Beckenbauer has to produce an incredible performance, but if anyone is capable of it)... Still, Kaka looks so odd in this 4-3-3. Realistically I think if this thing was to work, Nedved (and probably Kimmich) would have to spend a lot of time in midfield.

I had issues creating the formation graphic, it's meant to be a straight 4141 formation showing that both Muller and Nedved will work hard defensively as they did throughout their careers anyway.

Silva and Kaka are on the sides they are to stagger the play makers, Nedved and Kaka on the left provides a supporting runner that will get around Kane (Kaka) and a playmaker to link the attack together (Nedved). We then see the same kind of duo on the right with Silva being the playmaker and Muller playing his typical role of appearing in and around the box to support or finish off attacks as we see so often from him.

Kaka doesn't fit in well in a possession based team I think. He's at his best on the counter with space to run into so that he can burn teams with his pace.

No real concerns with NM's team for me. Looks like a good side if those wingers hug the touchline.

I feel that with Nedved, Silva and Beckenbauer operating in the midfield already, there is no need for additional play makers. It was more key to add a goal threat, ability to beat a man when it is required and and open up a game in a different way, adding a different threat to deal with, without really taking anything at all from the side.

Midfield is a loose base on Citys triangle a couple seasons ago of Fernandinho, Silva and De Bruyne. Silva obviously is equal, Beckenbauer better defensively and physically than Fernandinho whilst Kaka is a slight downgrade defensively on De Bruyne. However, whilst City had wide options of Sane/Sterling/Mahrez, here I've got Nedved and Muller who will undoubtedly work so much harder and aide the midfield.

@P-Nut can you PM me your formation / give me names? Hard for me to play like this

Especially since Bozsik was a right half (albeit in a W-W) and certainly favored that side.

I did it in the middle of the night half asleep. If I can swap it, I would. My bad on that one.

Yes - the wingers will go forward, like they did in real life. Czibor typically drifted around (that whole team played total football) and the combination of him, Puskas and Bozsik + Jairzinho and Carlos Alberto means there will be synergy throughout the team.

See Synco's note below. Puskas did this for Hungary all the time, starting as a AM / CF and dropping deep to allow Kocsis, Czibor etc to stay up top. Of course he had Hidegkuti there withdrawn as well, but having Laudrup as a SS / AM there means there is no way the opposition can focus on both of them. These are some of the most intelligent footballers ever and will adapt to anything P-Nut's team throws at them

Jairzinho and Czibor did this for a living! That's why I chose them.
Synergy is critical in football and having 3 Magyars + the right flank of Brazil 1970 should be considered. These guys all played with each other and won with each other

Kane
Nedved Kaka Silva Muller
Beckenbauer
Facchetti Vidic Costacurta Kimmich
Ederson

Here you go mate, this help?

Yes - great team mate. Not sure about the formation, but great team.

Comments from me are Kimmich (because I don't watch much non-united while I used to watch EVERYTHING years ago) looks out of place in a GOAT side, and the balance of the side is shaky. Nedved and Muller work hard, but I'm not sure how all 4 of those work together tbh.

How did he sneak on to the pitch and drag Jairzinho off?

My bad, can't edit as it's original post from 2mufc0. Did this when half asleep last night and got yelled at for it!

he balance of the side is shaky. Nedved and Muller work hard, but I'm not sure how all 4 of those work together tbh.

More or less this.

Silva looks out of place to me. Put in a B2B there and put Kaka in the hole and its a really sexy team.

More or less this.

Silva looks out of place to me. Put in a B2B there and put Kaka in the hole and its a really sexy team.

I was basing it on the City triangle, is it any less defensively solid than Fernandinho, Silva and De Bruyne? A midfield that set these records during the season, including: most points (100), most away points (50), most points ahead of second (19), most wins (32), most away wins (16), most goals (106), best goal difference (+79) and most consecutive victories (18). Best form of defence is attack and all that.

I was basing it on the City triangle, is it any less defensively solid than Fernandinho, Silva and De Bruyne?

I am not that concerned about the defensive balance. You have a pretty strong back 5 to be able to afford an extra flair player. I do rate Kimmich for what it's worth

The attack balance seems off though. Kaka is a very different player from De Bruyne and can't replicate his role for me.

Also Pep demands discipline in the setup and Kaka is all about directness and tearing teams apart on his own most times. That for me is a mismatch

I am not that concerned about the defensive balance. You have a pretty strong back 5 to be able to afford an extra flair player. I do rate Kimmich for what it's worth

The attack balance seems off though. Kaka is a very different player from De Bruyne and can't replicate his role for me.

Also Pep demands discipline in the setup and Kaka is all about directness and tearing teams apart on his own most times. That for me is a mismatch

Put another playmaker there and the complaints (not necessarily from you) would have been too many ball players and not enough directness and goals. We have seen direct players work in the most possession based system in recent times at Barcelona with Villa and Neymar elevating the side, however in the Spain national side we're there wasn't really any direct players to choose from (once Villa declined) the team dropped off a cliff and the football became zombified.

I was basing it on the City triangle, is it any less defensively solid than Fernandinho, Silva and De Bruyne? A midfield that set these records during the season, including: most points (100), most away points (50), most points ahead of second (19), most wins (32), most away wins (16), most goals (106), best goal difference (+79) and most consecutive victories (18). Best form of defence is attack and all that.
It really is. City’s triangle relies on all three midfielders to heavily contribute in defense, and while Beckenbauer is obviously a huge, huge upgrade on Fernandinho in every possible way, Kaka’s playing style doesn’t mash well with the concept at all.

Especially when you have Nedved who (alongside Charlton) is probably as close as you can get to matching De Bruyne’s unique skillset/all-round influence (not as good in terms of playmaking, but probably a bigger goal threat).

It's boring agreeing with the others but Nedved in the midfield three makes more much sense than Kaka. Put Kaka as a nominal left-winger and it works much better and keeps him closer to the goal. It also retains the dynamic P-Nut wants on the left side (hardwork and goals) just with the players switched round.

It's boring agreeing with the others but Nedved in the midfield three makes more much sense than Kaka. Put Kaka as a nominal left-winger and it works much better and keeps him closer to the goal. It also retains the dynamic P-Nut wants on the left side (hardwork and goals) just with the players switched round.

Yeah probably should have gone Christmas tree to maintain the idea and put Kaka in his best spot with Muller and Kane also comfortable, would have had to swap Silva out, but the idea would likely have worked better.

Yeah probably should have gone Christmas tree to maintain the idea and put Kaka in his best spot with Muller and Kane also comfortable, would have had to swap Silva out, but the idea would likely have worked better.

I reckon you could have kept SIlva because you had Muller wide right.

....................Kane..................
Kaka...........................Muller..
........Nedved.......Silva.........
...............Der Kaiser...............

I reckon you could have kept SIlva because you had Muller wide right.

....................Kane..................
Kaka...........................Muller..
........Nedved.......Silva.........
...............Der Kaiser...............
IMO that just doesn't work. Multiple players not in their best position, but just my two cents. Beckenbauer can't solve world peace!

But it's a great and bold team - exactly what we should see in the drafts!

IMO that just doesn't work. Multiple players not in their best position, but just my two cents. Beckenbauer can't solve world peace!

But it's a great and bold team - exactly what we should see in the drafts!

It's only really Kaka out of position but it isn't too much of an issue with Facchetti at LB as the latter will allow Kaka to drift in a lot. Muller has played RW a lot and Silva and Nedved have played those midfield roles before

It's only really Kaka out of position but it isn't too much of an issue with Facchetti at LB as the latter will allow Kaka to drift in a lot. Muller has played RW a lot and Silva and Nedved have played those midfield roles before

I am very skeptical that the Man City setup can work in a team that isn't managed by Pep / doesn't have 11 possession based players. Nedved never played in a heavy possession base either (if i remember - if i'm wrong correct). That Juventus team was more keep things quiet and get a goal

I am very skeptical that the Man City setup can work in a team that isn't managed by Pep / doesn't have 11 possession based players. Nedved never played in a heavy possession base either (if i remember - if i'm wrong correct). That Juventus team was more keep things quiet and get a goal

Ah, ok yes I don't think it would work as a City esque setup there I would agree. I do think as a more direct setup that line-up could work