Aurelien Tchouameni / Signs for Madrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

copen1945

Apparently, Rice is quoted at 150m. It would be better and cheaper to overpay for Tchouameni's transfer. I hope United's Brexit transfer policy has been discarded.

Dante

Average bang
Apparently, Rice is quoted at 150m. It would be better and cheaper to overpay for Tchouameni's transfer. I hope United's Brexit transfer policy has been discarded.
It never existed in the first place. It was just a false narrative propagated by ABUs.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
How can fans want Ten Hag then go for Tchouameni :lol:

It really doesn't fit the tactics that well.

If we go for Tchouameni as our CDM then our manager is more likely Pochettino Than Ten Hag.

Ten Hag uses CB/CDM's that fall in to back 3's.

Tchouameni playing like that would ruin his potential.
Ten Hag isn't that rigid

RedBanker

I love you Ole
I hope the elite scouts who scrutinized the profiles of 150 RB's before settling on Bissaka have been discarded.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I hope the elite scouts who scrutinized the profiles of 150 RB's before settling on Bissaka have been discarded.
The elite scouts can only provide reports and are not the ones who make the final decision on who to sign. Solskjaer was the manager, hence was also by default the DoF. And it was him along with his personal recruitment staff that set the directive and made the final call on who to sign.

There's probably gonna be over a 1000 scout reports on midfielders in the summer window. But it's all about who is making the final call on who to sign after reviewing the 1000 scout reports, which is important.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
He will go Real Madrid and link up with the Poggers and Mbappe. Just a shame he is younger than Pogba and we couldn't have gotten him before.

Rampant Red Rodriguez

Scared of women, so hates them.
A summer of Haaland, Mbappe, Pogba and Tchouameni. Some people here might have an aneurysm.
And the Pog on form with his countrymate who complements his style of play.. feck me how shortsighted is this club management team ffs

Galaticos pt. 3 is made.

And you just know our own fanbase are going to raise valid points in that why couldn't they see a Pog do as well for us as he does for Madrid.. And the answer is going to be "DM" needed to get the best out of Pogba as some have been saying for years now.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Liverpool. We need an extra midfielder this summer especially in his age bracket and level of talent.
I don't really understand this given you have Fabinho (until 2026), Henderson (2025), Thiago (2024), Jones (2025), Keita (2023), Ox (2023), and Elliott (2026). That is seven players for three positions under contract for next year. Even if Keita or Ox goes, it doesn't seem Liverpool's way to buy a 60m midfielder in a position where there isn't much need and there are already a few in-house younger players badly needing minutes.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
A summer of Haaland, Mbappe, Pogba and Tchouameni. Some people here might have an aneurysm.
It will be hard for Tchouameni to turn down Madrid if they come calling to team up with Camavinga and Mbappe . Madrid has an aging midfield so it is an attractive destination for young players.

Nero

Pogba isn't going to Madrid. Don't know why people keep obsessing over this myth.

clonsolar

We had an oppunrtunity to sweep up some of Europes top players like this fella when Madrid and Barca had nothing in the coffers. Pity we waited.

Deery

Dreary
I think this guy is a must buy, if not for his unbelievable performances alone, but also the fact he would galvanise midfield with Pogba and we finally see the best of him.

I also think we should bring in Ruben Neves to help Bruno, it would give us incredible midfield options and real strength in there.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
That would be a pretty poorly balanced window, imo. The second and fourth player will undo the successes of acquiring the others. You can’t fit Benzema, Haaland and Mbappe, in the same way you can’t fit Madrid’s midfield already with Pogba and Tchouameni.

Canagel

Tchouameni and Pogba are the perfect combination. Together they can dominate club and country if they go to Real Madrid.
Its also interesting that people used to say Pogba gets carried by Kante at internationals and yet when Kante doesn't play and is replaced by Tchouameni nothing changes. Already won the Nation League together against Belgium and Spain without Kante.

Infra-red

Tchouameni and Pogba are the perfect combination. Together they can dominate club and country if they go to Real Madrid.
Its also interesting that people used to say Pogba gets carried by Kante at internationals and yet when Kante doesn't play and is replaced by Tchouameni nothing changes. Already won the Nation League together against Belgium and Spain without Kante.
It's an experiment that we probably should have tried here a year or two ago.

(...)

Supports
Arsenal
Deschamps builds his team around Pogba and Griezmann and he never really found a way to use Kante properly. Kante - Pogba as a pivot isn't that great for both of them, and you have to add a 3rd defensive minded midfielder to make it work (Matuidi, Rabiot, Tolisso all played that role).
But then again, Deschamps switched to a 352, and it mimicks Chelsea setting so we probably need to see more of Kante-Pogba in that system.
Despite all the deserved praise Tchouameni is getting, France has been conceding a lot of goals with him in the team.
It will be interesting to see what Deschamps does for this World Cup.

Status
Not open for further replies.