Australia tour of India - 4 tests

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Starting new thread as this series should see fairly active discussion here :)

1st Test - Thu Feb 23 - Mon Feb 27- Maharashtra Cricket Association Stadium, Pune

2nd Test - Sat Mar 4 - Wed Mar 8- M Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bangalore

3rd Test - Thu Mar 16 - Mon Mar 20 - JSCA International Stadium Complex, Ranchi

4th Test - Sat Mar 25 - Wed Mar 29 - Himachal Pradesh Cricket Association Stadium, Dharmasala

I will be going to stadium to watch 3rd day of first test on coming Saturday. Got the tickets :D

I think it should be 3-0 or 4-0 for India. It will be tough spin test for Australia. Let's see if they can surprise us.

Mani

Dharmasala hosting their first test match and conditions might help the touring side but what kind of pitch are we going to prepare for this.:D

MDFC Manager

Hope the pitches will be good, otherwise these may turn out to be borefests

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Four square turners please.

Getting Warner out early will be crucial. He's any captain's worst nightmare . With the way he captains Kohli will have ODI fields if Warner sticks around for any length of time.

zing

Zingle balls
I thought of going for the Dharamshala match but the weekend coincides with day 1 and 2.. :\

MichaelKorleone

Feels like most of the matches during India's home season have included the stadia making their test debut (Indore - NZ; Rajkot, Vizag - Eng; Pune, Ranchi, Dharmasala - Aus) or newly re-laid pitches (Kolkata - NZ; Chennai - Eng; Hyd - B'desh) reducing India's home advantage since most of India's players don't know how the pitches are gonna behave.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Any hope of rain playing a part for Australia??? Bloody hope so.

Skills

Snitch
I thought of going for the Dharamshala match but the weekend coincides with day 1 and 2.. :\
Get them, for all you know its a tight series so India prepare a square turner to kill the game in 3 days in the final test

Mindhunter

Missed the match in Hyderabad with Bangladesh. This is going to be really exciting because we have stopped producing square turners. After the 4-0 whitewash of England, winning this will consolidate the team as the best in the world.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
Oz are good enough tho avoid a whitewash. 3-0 or 2-1 to India imo
Depends on the pitches. Give them the pitches they faced in Srilanka and we'll smash them. Give them the pitches England got and it could get real close.

TheGame

Missed the match in Hyderabad with Bangladesh. This is going to be really exciting because we have stopped producing square turners. After the 4-0 whitewash of England, winning this will consolidate the team as the best in the world.
They are ranked number 1 but they will need to win some away series to be considered the best in the world.

zing

Zingle balls
Get them, for all you know its a tight series so India prepare a square turner to kill the game in 3 days in the final test
Will see. Still considering it.

It's not in my city, though. I live in Chennai, which is 2000 miles away.

I go to all the matches in Chennai, regardless of how rubbish they are.

zing

Zingle balls
This is an under-rated Australian team, imo.

The 2nd spinner is a weak link, but everything else is good.

Renshaw is a plodder -- be interesting to see how he goes. Warner and Smith are excellent. Mitch Marsh is the one weak link in the top 6.

Moby

Dick
This is an under-rated Australian team, imo.

The 2nd spinner is a weak link, but everything else is good.

Renshaw is a plodder -- be interesting to see how he goes. Warner and Smith are excellent. Mitch Marsh is the one weak link in the top 6.
Didn't they recently get whitewashed by Sri Lanka?

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
Australia has won the toss. Aus need 400 on the board if Australia is any hope of winning the match.

The Man Himself

Pitch is quite dry and is expected to turn from day 1. At least that's the prediction but few such predictions in last couple of series went wrong, so let's see.

Hoping Australia put up good score in first innings and bat for day and half. That will mean top-middle order batsmen of India will be batting when I go to watch on Saturday :D

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
India has now wasted both their reviews. It's their own fault, not the fault of the system. They'll get them back at the 80 over mark. It'll serve them right if they get a bad call go against them that would have been overturned on DRS.

zing

Zingle balls
Starc is Australia's all rounder

However Mark Waugh has made more crap selections.
Agreed. Surprised to Mitchell Marsh in and Khawaja dropped given the form he was in. Should've found a way to slot Khawaja in despite batting position. He's certainly better than Handscomb.

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
AUS all out for 260. Don't think that's enough but we're going to find out.

The Man Himself

Rahul will have to play sensibly now and cut down on his risky/flamboyant stroke making. Rahane will have to anchor the innings.

Mani

If Australia need to get some positives from these test matches then they have to rely on the pace attack rather looking at their spin and need to strike early like one happening now,once ball gets old and it come to middle or late middle order it would be even contest,whoever does best with the condition survives.