Television Avenue 5 - New HBO Sci-fi Comedy

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
This has compeltely past me by until today... But its Sci-fi, its Armando Iannucci and its HBO... Surely it'll be good?

Also it's got Jared from Silicon Valley in it, and he fecks.

Mandatory Trailer:

Starts on Sky on 19th Jan.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Hugh Laurie good. Armando Iaunuicici also good. Space food. Comedy good.

Yeah, looking forward to this a lot. Watched the Death of Stalin the other day and it was so much better than some of my friends said it was. Not sure why I thought Iannucci could do wrong.

Dante

Average bang
First episode airs tonight.

If I'm honest, the trailer looks shit. A bit too much like the typical anodyne American sitcom, for my liking. But Ianucci gets the benefit for the time being.

Hopefully it's not too Hollywood or slapsticky.

Hoof the ball

First episode airs tonight.

If I'm honest, the trailer looks shit. A bit too much like the typical anodyne American sitcom, for my liking. But Ianucci gets the benefit for the time being.

Hopefully it's not too Hollywood or slapsticky.
It worked for The Orville, which was surprisingly engaging.

Dante

Average bang
I know it's the first episode and all that... but that wasn't anywhere near Ianucci's best.

I really hope it picks up.

Yagami

Good post resistant
I know it's the first episode and all that... but that wasn't anywhere near Ianucci's best.

I really hope it picks up.
Yeah, I found it quite boring, tbh.

Hopefully, like you say, it picks up now that they've set up the story and characters which was all that episode was about.

Member 60376

Watched the first four episodes. Mixed bag for me. But some parts are really good, in a really weird way.

Hoof the ball

Enjoying now it's finally getting into its rhythm. Shame it's right at the tail end of the season. Hopefully it hits the ground running if they get renewed for a second season.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Enjoying season 2 much more than the 1st. So many funny lines in the pedophile episode.