Awaiting Chelsea’s fire sale: who goes where?

Rnd898

Supports
Chelsea
I assumed spending would not continuing at the same rate but still I expected the club would be willing to get good players at decent price like Onana, Vlahovic.

It seems you guys have swinged from overspending (Cucurella/Mudryk/Felix loan) to directly being overly cautious on price. Long term this is a good change just wasn't expecting it to be so sudden.
Yeah, depends on what you consider good I guess. Based on his Juve performances I'd say Vlahovic is definitely not a guaranteed top striker and after our numerous terrible striker deals, the last thing we'd want is another expensive misfit so kind of have to be careful there. We could absolutely get him no fuss if we wanted to, especially now that Juve has been picked as the preferred destination by Lukaku and Juve's bid for the Belgian wanker is dependent on them selling Vlahovic first but the club simply don't seem to want or rate Vlahovic as much as you clearly do.

As for Onana, him I would have taken if possible. Unclear whether Poch decided against pursuing him to continue with Kepa instead (as was reported by the media) or if we tried talking to Onana and he told us he wasn't interested in order to join United. Either way I very much doubt it was the price that was the stumbling block here, it was clearly something else.

Caicedo the whole world knowns would go for atleast 80m+ and there are reports of a verbal offer of 65m+5m offer placed and rejected last week which is same as what Arsenal offered in January.
I kind of expected they'd let Caicedo go for around the same money or at most a little bit more as the Arsenal bid in January because I thought their main concern was not so much losing the player but rather losing him mid-season while they were still going after the European qualification.

There was even some talk of a 'gentlemans agreement' being made between Brighton & Caicedo that he'd be allowed to leave if a fair offer arrived in the summer but now Brighton seem to have got a bit greedy with their £100M+ demands, which has obviously frustrated the player (again).

IRN-BRUno

£7m seems quite cheap for Ampadu. I remember seeing his debut at 15 against Brentford and he already looked a class above that level, injuries and a poor loan to Leipzig possibly held him back from reaching his potential but he's still young enough to develop into a good PL player.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
£7m seems quite cheap for Ampadu. I remember seeing his debut at 15 against Brentford and he already looked a class above that level, injuries and a poor loan to Leipzig possibly held him back from reaching his potential but he's still young enough to develop into a good PL player.
Bad loan(s) and failure to impress in multiple preseasons. A bit of bad timing. Trying to trim a bloated squad and a new policy of no more loan army. The only players being loaned are players that could progress to the first team of Chelsea or clubs that Clearlake own. All others will be sold. People thought Roman was ruthless with buying and selling. Now that they have the directors in place for buying and selling players, these owners look to be just as ruthless. It is all business.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
If Ampadu stays we are getting relegated!!

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea have reached an agreement with Marseille to sell Aubameyang. The fee is believed to be a case of bud lite, a corn dog and a reach around.
Two of those are good! Savings of £160k, without bonuses, a week.

Gandalf

Better than Enzo but not as trendy. You will regret this Chelsea!

CannonBalls

Supports
Arsenal
I kind of expected they'd let Caicedo go for around the same money or at most a little bit more as the Arsenal bid in January because I thought their main concern was not so much losing the player but rather losing him mid-season while they were still going after the European qualification.

There was even some talk of a 'gentlemans agreement' being made between Brighton & Caicedo that he'd be allowed to leave if a fair offer arrived in the summer but now Brighton seem to have got a bit greedy with their £100M+ demands, which has obviously frustrated the player (again).

Caicedo changed his agent in Jan. And the new agent seems notorious to say the least. I think they have claimed strongly to Chelsea that 65/70m guaranteed would be enough as that is what Tchouameni went for and then some add ons on top. But this is not Brightons stance. They are just assuming a lot of things without checking with Brighton.
In Jan aswell we were led to believe he would be for sale at the right price with the same Tchouameni price as reference and thus we bid 65+5 even after Brighton did say a strong NO on first bid. Then the whole message on Instagram fiasco. They then made a dumb move of signing a mew contract without a release clause.
The market has moved on a lot from that Tchouameni deal. We have had Enzo/Rice move. Plus Brighton have no need for money inline League 1 clubs. And within PL deals are in any case more expensive. His agent is miscalculating and spreading misinformation. So this one can drag i think.

TheLord

Chelsea's firesale will be interesting, now that Fofana has torn his ACL. We may actually be able to sell Maguire for 30m to that lot, which will be the robbery of this century. Please, let that happen!

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
With the firesale and the injuries, Chelsea have somehow gone from "Squad is so big players are changing out in the hallway" to "Can they actually field 20 first team players on match day?"

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Keep Trev, say no to Slabhead. Maquire is not a bad player, but Chalobah usually has just one mistake a game.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Milan need rehab. Their addiction to Chelsea players is very unhealthy :lol:

If it were not possible to close for #Taremi , the @acmilan would also evaluate Mason #Burstow del @ChelseaFC . @ManuBaio @SkySport #calciomercato

Rajiztar

Supports
Chelsea
Milan need rehab. Their addiction to Chelsea players is very unhealthy :lol:

To be fair they got good value deals from us. Tomori, Giroud, Loftus cheek, pulisic. Understood why they want good relationship with us. Inter really made things complicated with Lukaku but Milan seemed to be in good terms with the club.