Awful penalties decisions.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Let's have them then. Will kick off with Chelsea-Leicester 1997 which is one of the worst I've seen:

The obligatory Ronaldo taken out at Juventus from 1998:

Amazing which one was given and which one wasn't.:lol: Glad VAR has cleared all that up now.....

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Let's have them then. Will kick off with Chelsea-Leicester 1997 which is one of the worst I've seen:

The ref is obviously fecked and is stranded somewhere near the halfway line having a good old fashioned guess :lol:

Rick88

I still remember the one given against Rio in the 89th min when we were leading against Newcastle in 2012. Had we won that game, pretty sure we'd have won the title that year too. Still rankles me to this day.

Amir

I still remember the one given against Rio in the 89th min when we were leading against Newcastle in 2012. Had we won that game, pretty sure we'd have won the title that year too. Still rankles me to this day.
It was much earlier than the 89th. But yeah, horrible decision.

Wiltord02

Supports
Arsenal
West Brom vs Arsenal. 31st December 2017.

They got a last minute penalty. One of the worst decisions ever.

Trying to find a video.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Newcastle got a ridiculous penalty against us at Old Trafford in 2011

Rio Ferdinand did a perfect tackle in the box and the ref inexplicably gave a pen. It was made worse by the fact that the linesman was on that side and had a clear view of it.

Can't find highlights on YouTube but here's Daily Motion

go to 1:45.

BazzaBear

Definately Banned
What about the Portsmouth FA cup game where Ronaldo was taken out and no penalty given?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
There was one given against Rio at OT against Newcastle which infuriated me, and probably cost us the title that season.

thepolice123

Vardy against us. I was raging. Look at him, he was just waiting for Rafael to nake contact so that he could dive. It was so fecking obvious.

montpelier

Kenny Dalglish got a joke one in 1979 FAsemi final

Ray Wilkins clearly brought down at Anfield in 1981/2

We got plenty of decisions during our era of dominance, mind.

Amir

Ah yes. Think we scored again but it was apparently an offside, late in the game. Broke a table at that moment hence got the minute muddled up.
Yep, I was there. Funny thing was, I was close enough to our box to see in real time that Rio's tackle was perfect. Didn't have a replay and didn't need it in order to know the referee got it so wrong.

Ainu

That thundercnut Moreno from PSV when he broke Shaw's leg in the box. It's been 5 years and I still feel my blood boiling when I think back on that.

G-manc

Vardy against us. I was raging. Look at him, he was just waiting for Rafael to nake contact so that he could dive. It was so fecking obvious.
This was the first one that immediately came to mind for me - i was absolutely fuming at the time made worse by the fact the pundits and commentators refused to condemn it suggesting Rafael had been really naive or something.

EwanI Ted

This bullshit call against Blomquist came close to stopping us winning the league in 1999. (apols for the quality). Fergie described it as one of the least likely penalties even Anfield had ever seen.

thepolice123

There was a penalty decision against us from years back which was ridiculous at best. I think it was Chelsea. The attacker literally ran himself against Smalling(?) and got the foul.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I mean, non given that good ole time Evan's kicked Drogba in the chest and got given a foul for it :)

Good times.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner

This sprung to mind. The fact he did a worse foul on Rafael literally a second before. Ridiculous refereeing.

Eriku

This was the first one that immediately came to mind for me - i was absolutely fuming at the time made worse by the fact the pundits and commentators refused to condemn it suggesting Rafael had been really naive or something.
A fair few people on the Caf were up in arms about Rafael’s naiveté there too. Pissed me off something fierce.

Made worse by Vardy’s clear straight-armed push to knock him off the ball right before.

Based Adnan

I mean, non given that good ole time Evan's kicked Drogba in the chest and got given a foul for it :)

Good times.
Drogba got a yellow card for being booted in the chest as well. Ridiculous really though not complaining.

Irwin99

This bullshit call against Blomquist came close to stopping us winning the league in 1999. (apols for the quality). Fergie described it as one of the least likely penalties even Anfield had ever seen.

That was disgusting. I wish I could watch that game again though as the intensity was insane from what I remember. We really handled it well for the most part.

From the opposite side, the penalty and red card given against Blackburn in 1995 was pretty ridiculous but i'll take it @ 8:04 :lol:

James Peril

A fair few people on the Caf were up in arms about Rafael’s naiveté there too. Pissed me off something fierce.

Made worse by Vardy’s clear straight-armed push to knock him off the ball right before.
Yeah this one is so frustrating, remember it well. Ok the ref can decide to not award a free-kick, we want tough matches after all - but he simply cannot give a penalty for a softer situation three seconds later. This ref should have been suspended immediately, it’s the perfect example of a so-called professional not having the needed level of consistency.

GenZRed

I despise Vardy for that and still do to this day.

The Newcastle one in 2011/12 season that cost the league also annoys to this day. So much for 'Man United get all the decisions'.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Darren Fletcher vs Arsenal in the CL semi was an annoying one. A consolation goal, and he gets sent off and misses the final for what was an excellent challenge.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
This Fabregas dive against us in the Champions League semi final second leg. Luckily Messi missed the pen.

thepolice123

Yes some members of the caf were saying Rafael needed to be stronger and was naive in encouraging the dive. Vardy literally pushed him to the ground with arms fully extended, after that he was barely touched and he went down like a sack of potatoes.

InfiniteBoredom

There was a penalty decision against us from years back which was ridiculous at best. I think it was Chelsea. The attacker literally ran himself against Smalling(?) and got the foul.
Zhirkov at the Bridge 2010-2011. The cnut literally ran into Smalling and fell down, ref had a perfect view of it and bungled the decision, we later lost the game when Luiz scored the 2nd for them.

We got our revenge there later that season in the CL though.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
3:05 in this video

What were the officials doing!?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

One of the all time worst bits of reffing that one. Scandalous.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

Ince celebrating like he'd won the world cup when in effect achieved nothing

Dominos

It's a pen, he's barged him in the back.

What makes that decision ridiculous, is Vardy fouled Rafael in the same way 2 seconds earlier and the ref waved play on.

RUCK4444

The obligatory Ronaldo taken out at Juventus from 1998:

Amazing which one was given and which one wasn't.:lol: Glad VAR has cleared all that up now.....
In fairness the first video you posted although in slow mo it’s clear he didn’t touch him, at first watch it looked a stone wall pen with him lifting his foot towards his side.

SER19

Bolton got an absurd one in 06/07 against is the the game Rooney and Ronaldo tore them apart