Music Backstreet Boys or Nsync - which was better?

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
In my opinion the Backstreet Boys had the better hits although Nsync would spawn the much fruitful career of Justin Timberlake.

Both dominated the 90s musically, who was better?

kidbob

Backstreet Boyz by a country mile but JT's solo stuff far better than either.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I wouldn't say either dominated music in the 90s. Certainly not in the UK. Neither feature in the top selling albums or singles of that decade.

I don't like either, but Nsync were more talented from what I've seen/heard. Guys could move.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Marxist bacon-hating kebab-dodging Tinder rascal
Scout
NSync were a litle edgier and cooler IMO, whereas Backstreet Boys were quite good and clean. I was a fan of both (not kidding) though in the end.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Just as bad as each other.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
NSync were a litle edgier and cooler IMO, whereas Backstreet Boys were quite good and clean. I was a fan of both (not kidding) though in the end.
One day you’re going to look back on this post and use it as a marker for how much self isolation affected your state or mind.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
One day you’re going to look back on this post and use it as a marker for how much self isolation affected your state or mind.
Impossible.

Also, I was a big Take That fan. I liked Boyzone quite a lot, too. Westlife were good, but a little late compared to the others. Five were great and a fun boy band.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Impossible.

Also, I was a big Take That fan. I liked Boyzone quite a lot, too. Westlife were good, but a little late compared to the others. Five were great and a fun boy band.
I’ve always rated Take That. I was also at Five’s first ever show. Radio One Roadshow in about 97/98 and there was a guy called Johnny Ray or something with a song that went “who wants to know about me?” and then I saw him doing the same song on Trisha or Montel about 5 years later so evidently nobody wanted to know about him.

Hoof the ball

Backstreet Boys were a better vocal group overall. They utilised very good harmonies. N*Sync were better in terms of choreography and performance.
JT made FutureSex/LoveSounds, which is outstanding.

I'm going with BSB, as a group.

THIS was/and still is a brilliant song.

Olly Gunnar Solskjær

Scout
I’ve always rated Take That. I was also at Five’s first ever show. Radio One Roadshow in about 97/98 and there was a guy called Johnny Ray or something with a song that went “who wants to know about me?” and then I saw him doing the same song on Trisha or Montel about 5 years later so evidently nobody wanted to know about him.
Wow, an early Five fan, I'm impressed.

Did you sing back something like "We do!" when Johnny Ray sang that line?

Hoof the ball

Always laughed when the British boy bands would completely rip off stuff from R&B groups that only came out a few years earlier.

Like when Another Level did Freak Me only four years after Silk released the song

Or when Blue did a cover of Too Close only 4 years after Next released the track

Hoof the ball

Boy bands and R&B groups I was into in the 90s.

Backstreet Boys
NSync
Take That
Blackstreet
Boyz II Men
Jodeci
98 Degrees
New Edition
Bell Biv Devoe
Tony! Toni! Tone!
En Vogue
Dru Hill
Guy

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I liked them both when I was younger.

BSB had much better vocals and every member had a role.

N*Sync were better performers in terms of choreography but only two members ever contributed anything. Which is why JT was able to go solo, whereas BSB never had that solo success.

In the end, many BSB songs still hold up today whereas N*Sync songs sound massively outdated.

My vote goes to BSB as the better band but JT as the best solo artist out of the two groups.