Backup DM/DLP

The-Mezzala

If the Amrabat deal doesn’t happen and he moves to the Scousers. Would if be worth moving for Sangare. Linked before Casemiro signed last season

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Haven't seen much of Amrabat. Is he actually United quality, or is he just another player we're targeting because he played in the Dutch league at one point?

I know we need midfielders, but the last thing I want is more future deadwood.

NZT-One

Haven't seen much of Amrabat. Is he actually United quality, or is he just another player we're targeting because he played in the Dutch league at one point?

I know we need midfielders, but the last thing I want is more future deadwood.
My concern as well. And I think, it makes sense to differentiate that even a good player like Amrabat can become deadwood if he isn't needed. People have to consider that ETH brought in Casemiro, he brought in Mount and he played them in the recently en vogue way of two free 8s. Such a formation doesn't have a DLP player - at least as long this DLP isn't a defensive rock on top.
If that is the case, it makes more sense to bring in somebody who resembles Casemiro and his skillset. Obviously it sounds great to have a DLP player in our team, but you can't (shouldn't) just window shop for stuff that might be nice to have. Because if that is the assignment, lets bring in a wingback for the right side as well. A traditional winger isn't available, go get him, a huge target man striker would be great, a smaller busy Striker like Rooney would be awesome. A tricky winger who beats his man for fun would be great to have...
We can only field 11 players and those have to have a plan how they want to play. If certain roles aren't in that plan, you shouldn't prioritize players for that. I know, the setting is great, player would like to come, is decently priced. But the assignment isn't just bring in players, we have to bring in the right ones. And lets not act as if teams would just play like they do now against us when we add Amrabat - if he is the only one capable of progressing the play, they will crowd him out as well. Our current issues aren't a sole midfield issue - the whole team isn't working properly.

I'd rather go for the painful process of adjusting for ETHs plan then than to just switch and move sideways for a year...

jesperjaap

Caqueret should have been our Mount signing at half the price....Thuram should be our Arambat signing....at twice the price

croadyman

Caqueret should have been our Mount signing at half the price....Thuram should be our Arambat signing....at twice the price
Yeah surprised there has never been any interest in Caqueret whatsoever. Could be the club have doubts over his ability for some strange reason

Plastic Evra

Yeah surprised there has never been any interest in Caqueret whatsoever. Could be the club have doubts over his ability for some strange reason
Some Lyon fans thinks he had a difficult season and was stagnating. Lyon seems in a significantly worse position now with new owner Textor, they might slide down lower midtable.

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
Have heard a lot of good things
Yeah. Apparently, Barca considering him as Busquest's replacement, so that alone should speak for his quality.

If they're truly in for him, then we can forget about it & focus on others like:

Kone
Thuram
Amrabat

Sea-Cow

I've only seen bits and pieces of him but I immediately saw him as a Herrera clone. No idea how he is doing currently, though.