Ballon D'or 2019 nominees

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
on a more serious side, why is Marquinhos nominated? Copa America?
Because he's a boss, dominant as CB and DM and bagged a few trophies this season, what's not to like?

Pantscat

Yes. Massively underrated.
He is underrated. He’s a good player and one of Liverpool’s better midfielders, and I’d happily have him in our midfield, but still, he’s not a ballon d’or player for me.

But I think his two goals against Barca and his exploits for the Netherlands have got him nominated. Good luck to him.

Tel074

Another Messi-fanboy...

It's not worth to argue about a "trophy" like the ballon d'or but if it had been only about football Messi and Ronaldo had both 2 less and Sneijder, Ribery, Iniesta and Neuer had 1 each!
Complete bollocks . Messi and Ronaldos stats tell you they are on a complete different planet to anyone else .. The only person who thinks Ribery should have won it is Ribery himself (and now you ) .. Seriously though none of the guys you mentioned deserved to win it over either Ronaldo or Messi and even this year Messi will win it and deserves to win it because if any other player had his stats from the past year they would win it but they simply don't ...

Revan

Assumptionman
Complete bollocks . Messi and Ronaldos stats tell you they are on a complete different planet to anyone else .. The only person who thinks Ribery should have won it is Ribery himself (and now you ) .. Seriously though none of the guys you mentioned deserved to win it over either Ronaldo or Messi and even this year Messi will win it and deserves to win it because if any other player had his stats from the past year they would win it but they simply don't ...
Ribery (and Sneijder before him) won easily the journo's vote which is how Ballon D'or was given for its entire existence except 5 years at the beginning of this decade.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Another Messi-fanboy...

It's not worth to argue about a "trophy" like the ballon d'or but if it had been only about football Messi and Ronaldo had both 2 less and Sneijder, Ribery, Iniesta and Neuer had 1 each!
So is Mane a Messi fan boy as well? Messi had the best season individually and anyone arguing against it this season simply has voter fatigue.

I’m sure even VVD would vote Messi