Barcelona: Charged with corruption .... again!

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Add west ham and Aston villa to the list. Rodgers won’t see out the season
Sometimes it’s better to admit you were wrong instead of keeping doubling down on your original awful post. Leicester is as much a top 6 PL team as Barca have 0 points from 2 CL games.

Topgun1

Lewandowski lover
Supports
Arsenal
Sometimes it’s better to admit you were wrong instead of keeping doubling down on your original awful post. Leicester is as much a top 6 PL team as Barca have 0 points from 2 CL games.
Leicester are not a top 6 team though. I'm not sure why you're making such a ridiculous claim. This is not the hill to die on.

Of course you'd say that we should ignore the current league table, because clubs like Everton have almost double the amount of points as Leicester.

If we faced Leicester today, I'd be very confident of us beating them. So what does that say about them? They're definitely not a top 6 side. They still haven't built that expectation and pedigree of a top 6 side.

united_99

Leicester are not a top 6 team though. I'm not sure why you're making such a ridiculous claim. This is not the hill to die on.

Of course you'd say that we should ignore the current league table, because clubs like Everton have almost double the amount of points as Leicester.
It‘s actually laughable that I am even discussing this. Yep, let’s ignore the final league table for two seasons in a row and just take the current standing.
Brighton for top 6 here we go!

Topgun1

Lewandowski lover
Supports
Arsenal
It‘s actually laughable that I am even discussing this. Yep, let’s ignore the final league table for two seasons in a row and just take the current standing.
Brighton for top 6 here we go!
What's laughable is you claiming that Leicester are a top 6 side, after finishing top 6 for a few seasons. That's just embarrassing. Arsenal have been finishing top 4 for almost 2 decades, and it took just 1 season to no longer be considered a top 4 team. That's how ruthless football is. Adapt or die.

Despite all the bluster, Leicester will struggle to finish in the top 6 no matter what you say. The fact that they're struggling to just hold onto the top 6, says a lot.

If you want to look at the last few years, Tottenham were literally in the CL final in 2019, what were Leicester doing at that time? That's just within the last two years. You're seriously going to claim Tottenham are worse than Leicester? Compare the squads. Arsenal also have a superior squad to Leicester, so I'm sorry but you're talking complete BS.

united_99

What's laughable is you claiming that Leicester are a top 6 side, after finishing top 6 for a few seasons. That's just embarrassing. Arsenal have been finishing top 4 for almost 2 decades, and it took just 1 season to no longer be considered a top 4 team. That's how ruthless football is. Adapt or die.

Despite all the bluster, Leicester will struggle to finish in the top 6 no matter what you say. The fact that they're struggling to just hold onto the top 6, says a lot.

If you want to look at the last few years, Tottenham were literally in the CL final in 2019, what were Leicester doing at that time? That's just within the last two years. You're seriously going to claim Tottenham are worse than Leicester? Compare the squads. Arsenal also have a superior squad to Leicester, so I'm sorry but you're talking complete BS.
:lol: What a rant! So this is all about people not taking Arsenal seriously anymore. I should have known.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
And how many CL points do Leicester have?
Leicester have looked absolutely awful, but keep giving them top 6 credit based on reputation

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
:lol: What a rant! So this is all about people not taking Arsenal seriously anymore. I should have known.
nah, just admit you were way off the mark and move on. You keep living in the last. Leicester will take a step back this season.

Topgun1

Lewandowski lover
Supports
Arsenal
Getting personal huh? I'm glad I touched a nerve. Keep embarrassing yourself and entertain us all :lol:

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Koeman may have to go, but if they are considering replacing him with Pirlo then the club has truly lost the plot.

united_99

Getting personal huh? I'm glad I touched a nerve. Keep embarrassing yourself and entertain us all :lol:
What is personal about people not taking Arsenal seriously? And if Arsenal have a superior squad to Leicester as you claim then Arteta is doing an even worse job than he is doing anyway.

united_99

nah, just admit you were way off the mark and move on. You keep living in the last. Leicester will take a step back this season.
What Leicester will do in 1 or 5 years is irrelevant, for now they are a proven top 6 side. But as this thread is about your brilliant manager I am not going to talk about PL top 6 anymore.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
What is personal about people not taking Arsenal seriously? And if Arsenal have a superior squad to Leicester as you claim then Arteta is doing an even worse job than he is doing anyway.
and yet Arsenal are ahead of Leicester despite having the tougher schedule so far.
Go figure

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Only a manager who needs to revive his career will risk taking this job, because has nothing to loose.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
What Leicester will do in 1 or 5 years is irrelevant, for now they are a proven top 6 side. But as this thread is about your brilliant manager I am not going to talk about PL top 6 anymore.
Leicester are not a top side 6 this year period, what they did last year or the year before is irrelevant.

Gandalf

Leicester are not a top side 6 this year period, what they did last year or the year before is irrelevant.
Your statement here is factually incorrect. They are not a top 6 side today maybe but to say this year period would include the second half of last season when they were indeed a top 6 side and you are also presupposing they will not re-enter the top 6 before the year ends. I have no dog in this fight but seriously try to engage your brain before making a clown of yourself.

Topgun1

Lewandowski lover
Supports
Arsenal
If you can't even figure out that Arsenal have a better squad than Leicester, then I'm not sure why you're even commenting on a football forum?

That comment just proves that you're either completely deluded or a troll. In the same sentence you said they're a PROVEN top 6 side, and yet you're desperate to get people to ignore how they're likely to do this season and the next few seasons? :lol:

Congratulations, you've played us all.

Brophs

The One and Only

Not hard to see why they let Messi leave. As good as he is, they’d have struggled to crack the top 10 with just one player.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Your statement here is factually incorrect. They are not a top 6 side today maybe but to say this year period would include the second half of last season when they were indeed a top 6 side and you are also presupposing they will not re-enter the top 6 before the year ends. I have no dog in this fight but seriously try to engage your brain before making a clown of yourself.
Sorry I was taking your lead on being a clown apparently. Try not to be a fool, as hard as it is for you mate. They’re woeful this season.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
What's laughable is you claiming that Leicester are a top 6 side, after finishing top 6 for a few seasons. That's just embarrassing. Arsenal have been finishing top 4 for almost 2 decades, and it took just 1 season to no longer be considered a top 4 team.
Yes, it took Arsenal 1 season of not finishing in the top 4 to be considered not a top 4 team because the definition of top 4 team is what was your last final league position. It's a tautology. Leicester last finished in the top 6 therefore they are a top 6 team.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona

Not hard to see why they let Messi leave. As good as he is, they’d have struggled to crack the top 10 with just one player.
Messi would have them top 3 in la liga for sure but he would just be wasting his years with us thanks to all the BS Barto did with those contracts to griezmann, coutinho, Roberto and umtiti

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Yes, it took Arsenal 1 season of not finishing in the top 4 to be considered not a top 4 team because the definition of top 4 team is what was your last final league position. It's a tautology. Leicester last finished in the top 6 therefore they are a top 6 team.
Just because Leicester finished top 6 last season doesn’t mean they’re a top 6 team this season.

united_99

They are not even a top 4 side anymore! Look at the current league table :lol:

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid

This does not actually mean that Barcelona can only pay up to 98m in wages next season.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
Just because Leicester finished top 6 last season doesn’t mean they’re a top 6 team this season.
This is just a useless semantic game.

If Leicester finish 6th this season they'll have three consecutive top 6 finishes. By your definition of what it means to "be a top 6 team" then they will have, during these three years, been a top 6 team sometimes and not been a top 6 team some other times. Even though they would have finished 6th all three seasons.

Put this definition in the toilet, for it is shit.

caid

Not at all, Villarreal have won once all year in all competitions. Yes, it’s early days but far from nonsense
Once all season. After 9 games including matches against Real Madrid, Atletico, Chelsea and us. With a striker that scored as many as Benzema and more than Suarez injured. Your other posts are similarly silly.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
This is just a useless semantic game.

If Leicester finish 6th this season they'll have three consecutive top 6 finishes. By your definition of what it means to "be a top 6 team" then they will have, during these three years, been a top 6 team sometimes and not been a top 6 team some other times. Even though they would have finished 6th all three seasons.

Put this definition in the toilet, for it is shit.
if they finish top 6 this season then sure, but until they do, they aren’t top 6. Barca finished top 3 last year, does that make them top 3 this year? No

Topgun1

Lewandowski lover
Supports
Arsenal
You're creating the useless tautology with your definition though. It's your definition making it useless. And we can render your useless definition even more useless just by pointing out how factually incorrect it has to be, to make it work.

You said they LAST finished top 6 therefore they ARE a top 6 team. So first part is past tense, talking about last season and you want to use that to claim that right now they're a top 6 team? Nice try, but completely failed.
Firstly you're wasting people's time because right out of the gate you've admitted you don't even believe they're a top 6 side at this moment in time.

Secondly, you have it completely reversed. The people who say they're a top 6 side, are saying that Leicester as team are better than the other 14 teams in the league. So they expect Leicester to finish in the top 6, they've developed an expectation that goes against all the evidence we've seen so far this season.

Leicester might or might not finish in the top 6, but one thing is guaranteed, there's absolutely no evidence that we should expect them to. Their squad isn't top 6. Their style of play isn't top 6. So where's the expectation coming from? Think about that before you come to Redcafe next time.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Wonder how long they are going to keep playing turtles like Busquets and Pique, surely not until their contracts end, which is 2023 and 2024 respectively?
You cant have a serious team built around these players anymore.

432JuanMata

Barca are in a bad place at the moment but Koeman is the wrong man for them. They will take time to fix the squad and get anywhere near the level they once were but replace the manager will be a good start while being the cheap option

432JuanMata

Wonder how long they are going to keep playing turtles like Busquets and Pique, surely not until their contracts end, which is 2023 and 2024 respectively?
You cant have a serious team built around these players anymore.
The problem Barca face is these players are past it but the players that are in there prime are well below the level Barca should be, mix in the fact they have no money and it’s a situation that is going to take years too fix.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
Barca should go for Pirlo or Roberto Martinez. Genius coaches imo, they will take Barca to levels not seen before.

432JuanMata

I feel it’s the perfect time for Xavi to take over as it will be welcomed with the fans and it’s a win win situation for Xavi as the expectations are not that high at the moment so if he fixes them he be a hero if not it won’t be that damaging for him