Bayern Munich or Juventus

Skills

Snitch
Who will fall first?

8 titles in a row for Bayern, 9 titles in a row for Juventus. The greatest streaks since the Undertaker at Wrestlemania?

Wayne's World

There's signs at Juventus even this season that they are becoming more and more reachable for teams like Inter. Bayern have currently the best team in Europe so they won't be losing their grip on the league title anytime soon.

RashyForPM

Juve won’t win it next year. First time i’ve thought that since this run began. They’re becoming more and more catchable now.

Juventus.

Both leagues are boring in respect of their monopolies, not as bad as France or Scotland. But Bayern, have more of a hold on domestic transfers than Juventus do, and can strengthen easier.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Juve. Italy have Conte, Atalanta and a wonderful, wonderful league. Germany have Bayern Munich and a number of small clubs that feed Bayern to compete in Europe.

Beißen

MrEleson

Bayern have a significantly better team and are better coached with young, exuberant players at their disposal. In contrast, Juve have an old, tired team with many of their players past their expiration date; having just managed to limp past the finish line in probably one of the most unconvincing title defences ever. Most of their team needs replacing. Also, with inter and other sides on the rise, I’d be surprised if another team didn’t win Serie A before another won Bundesliga.

Last edited:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
There’s a convo about this like just 5 threads below!

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
A Bayern fan posted this to a Bayern blog recently. How he describes it is exactly how I imagined being a Bayern fan is like.

Skills

Snitch
A Bayern fan posted this to a Bayern blog recently. How he describes it is exactly how I imagined being a Bayern fan is like.

I wouldn't mind feeling like that if the first 7 feel amazing

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
a superleague has to be created. europeans will never admit it but its just an awful product to have a team winning 10 in a row, specially because italy was very competitive in the heydays, with lazio, roma inter, milan and juve winning in a space of 6 years

Cal?

CR7 fan
Juve, Ronaldo somehow dragged an awful side over the finish line. If he gets fed up with Sarri, that's it for Juve.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
The Italian league is starting to become more competitive again whereas the German league looks headed for the same borefest in the foreseeable future. Who‘s gonna challenge Bayern?

Revan

Assumptionman
Bundesliga is the new Scotish league. Bayern will win as many as they want, the entire existence of the league is to fed Bayern so they can compete in Europe.

To be fair, Bayern should hire Moyes to sabotage them for a season or two, just to make things more interesting. It has become really so boring.

Juve won't win it with Sarri next season.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Shocking really to have 8 and 9 year winning streaks in two of the top European leagues. I can’t see anything ever changing in Germany, may be dortmund once in a blue moon

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
I watched enough Bundesliga after their restart to decide it just wasn’t for me. German fans don’t like people saying that, but there are too many disaster teams (Schalke, Hamburg, Bremen) and the other top teams will come back weaker next year than they are this year, while Bayern have already added Sane. It’s just not engaging in any way. It’s a stranglehold by a clinical and ruthless giant.

Juve were going the same way, but a failure to refresh their squad along the way, and a poor managerial appointment is starting to close the gap. They have limped over the line this time and there are some really interesting sides in the division (Atalanta, Inter, a resurgent Milan). There is a lot more going on in Série A and I think that next year could be it’s best in quite some time. If Juve keep Sarri this debate might well end next season too.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Bundesliga is the new Scotish league. Bayern will win as many as they want, the entire existence of the league is to fed Bayern so they can compete in Europe.

To be fair, Bayern should hire Moyes to sabotage them for a season or two, just to make things more interesting. It has become really so boring.

Juve won't win it with Sarri next season.
Ah, this myth again

Shocking really to have 8 and 9 year winning streaks in two of the top European leagues. I can’t see anything ever changing in Germany, may be dortmund once in a blue moon
It’s a duopoly where one team rarely actually has a title challenge.

Dortmund are always the underdogs, and might occasionally get all the stars to align.

Boring league.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
Bayern have managed to form a unit of management, coaching staff and squad that just doesn't lose its hunger for success. Think Gnabry said, you arrive as a young player and when you see veterans like Müller, Lewa, Robben or Neuer with all their titles giving 110% in every f.. training session, you can not stay behind. I guess that is what makes them unique and is the main reason for the success streak, not so much the quality of the competition. Leipzig or Dortmund aren't bad at all.

KeanoMagicHat

Was bad that Bayern won it under Kovac, when they were average and even this season despite being brilliant in the second half, should have been punished for the first half. Now they look like they've a team that could win another 2 or 3, other teams missed their chance.

Serie A is a proud league, traditionally one of the best in the world not just for talent but competitiveness. You think of Hellas Verona, Sampdoria, Lazio, Roma, Milan, Napoli and Inter as well as Juventus winning it over a 16-year period when it had the best players in the world.

So somebody really needs to take that title off Juventus.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

If I remember correctly. Few years back during our glory era in the internet, there was debate about it as well in our community whether it's better to give up the league one season since if we keep winning it 4 or more, it becomes emotionless & meaningless. Although, there was also debate say if you win it 10 in row but all of them are very close & competitive, it's better than win it easily every single seasons.

DarkLord

I thought Juve looks very beatable this season. If this was Sarri's Napoli, I think it was the 2017/2018 season which was only 2 seasons ago, they would have won the Scudetto. They went neck to neck with Juve and finished only 4 points behind. Problem with this season is most teams can't capitalize. Inter was challenging them early in the season and they got burnt out, then it was Lazio going on that club record winning streak and they fell apart after the season restart, and after that it's Atlanta. Still think Juve would win it again next season, they have much more depth and they would probably look at this season as a "failure" and beefed up their squad.

freeurmind

weak willed
Juve definitely. Inter need 1 or 2 signings to really compete and Milan are on the way back as well.

RedStarUnited

The levels they go to protect these streaks is interesting. They do not leave things to chance like if the teams not doing well, the coach is gone.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Was bad that Bayern won it under Kovac, when they were average and even this season despite being brilliant in the second half, should have been punished for the first half. Now they look like they've a team that could win another 2 or 3, other teams missed their chance.

Serie A is a proud league, traditionally one of the best in the world not just for talent but competitiveness. You think of Hellas Verona, Sampdoria, Lazio, Roma, Milan, Napoli and Inter as well as Juventus winning it over a 16-year period when it had the best players in the world.

So somebody really needs to take that title off Juventus.
I like Serie A,to a certain degree, but lets hold back on the delusions abit because *cough* Calciopoli.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
At some point winning must become hollow. Germany is too much. The league can only support one big team. The most useless league in Europe.
Forgot France.

edcunited1878

Bayern have such quality players where the system either holds them back too much which allows teams behind them to catch up (Kovac) or they have the right manager (Flick) to see them through just fine and get their minds right.

The spine of the team is also head and shoulders above the rest of the league!

Neuer, Boateng, Pavard, Alaba, Kimmich, Goreztka, Thiago, Muller, Lewendowski, and then young players such as Davies, Gnabry....not even including Coutinho, Perisic, Koman, Sule, or Hernandez! And Sane incoming!

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München

If the guy feels unable to enjoy this title after those flatout amazing last 9 months since Flick too over, he's probably not a fan. We just had one these close races last year under Kovac, and boy, what a complete shower of shite that was.
Since last October we've been playing some of the best football I've ever seen from a Bayern team, every game was a pure joy to watch. We're winning and we're doing it in style, that never ever gets old.
Sights are set firmly on our national decima, and I'd be pretty pissed if some "opposition" team dared to prevent us from getting there.:lol:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Bayern have managed to form a unit of management, coaching staff and squad that just doesn't lose its hunger for success. Think Gnabry said, you arrive as a young player and when you see veterans like Müller, Lewa, Robben or Neuer with all their titles giving 110% in every f.. training session, you can not stay behind. I guess that is what makes them unique and is the main reason for the success streak, not so much the quality of the competition. Leipzig or Dortmund aren't bad at all.
You are right. But for there to be genuine competition for titles, a league must have more than one team within the same bracket, in terms of spending power.
Any time Bayern lose quality, they can easily go out and replace quality. Dortmund will probably lose Sancho but will replace with another young prospect. Leipzig as well. Such things happening repeatedly, eat away at the competition.
The Bundeslliga bosses might not admit it openly but it has to be a worry. One team winning your competition 9 times in a row is never a good look.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I watched enough Bundesliga after their restart to decide it just wasn’t for me. German fans don’t like people saying that, but there are too many disaster teams (Schalke, Hamburg, Bremen) and the other top teams will come back weaker next year than they are this year, while Bayern have already added Sane. It’s just not engaging in any way. It’s a stranglehold by a clinical and ruthless giant.

Juve were going the same way, but a failure to refresh their squad along the way, and a poor managerial appointment is starting to close the gap. They have limped over the line this time and there are some really interesting sides in the division (Atalanta, Inter, a resurgent Milan). There is a lot more going on in Série A and I think that next year could be it’s best in quite some time. If Juve keep Sarri this debate might well end next season too.
You listed two bottom half teams and a team that isn't even in Bundesliga. It's like someone stating that there are too many disaster teams in the PL(Crystal Palace, Cardiff City, Bournemouth).

KeanoMagicHat

I like Serie A,to a certain degree, but lets hold back on the delusions abit because *cough* Calciopoli.
True, it's funny Juventus have actually won more leagues now when they weren't match-fixing...or at least haven't been caught.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
You are right. But for there to be genuine competition for titles, a league must have more than one team within the same bracket, in terms of spending power.
Any time Bayern lose quality, they can easily go out and replace quality. Dortmund will probably lose Sancho but will replace with another young prospect. Leipzig as well. Such things happening repeatedly, eat away at the competition.
The Bundeslliga bosses might not admit it openly but it has to be a worry. One team winning your competition 9 times in a row is never a good look.
Well, it is a conundrum. You could open the league for complete investor take overs. Surely that would increase the competition, at the cost of many things German football fans hold dear. A mere look at the average ticket price in England should suffice.
In the end, a league is much more than just the number of potential title contenders. It's the football itself that matters, and despite all the non-stop Bayern dominance, the BuLi has gotten a lot more popular over the past years. It's because it's a fun league with great atmosphere. Those people who constantly bicker how they would never watch a game from a league where there is not enough competition for the title really weren't ever interested in the first place.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
If the guy feels unable to enjoy this title after those flatout amazing last 9 months since Flick too over, he's probably not a fan. We just had one these close races last year under Kovac, and boy, what a complete shower of shite that was.
Since last October we've been playing some of the best football I've ever seen from a Bayern team, every game was a pure joy to watch. We're winning and we're doing it in style, that never ever gets old.
Sights are set firmly on our national decima, and I'd be pretty pissed if some "opposition" team dared to prevent us from getting there.:lol:
I kinda get what he means though. When United won 3 in a row in the early 00’s. I recall not even watching the celebrations because I just felt it was inevitable. Though I realised the season after that I should have enjoyed those moments a bit more

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
You listed two bottom half teams and a team that isn't even in Bundesliga. It's like someone stating that there are too many disaster teams in the PL(Crystal Palace, Cardiff City, Bournemouth).
Hamburg are a former top division disaster team, but I thought about editing after I wrote it because I knew someone would pick it up. I just picked them as they are probably the most famous disaster team and traditionally one of the more well known Bundesliga sides. As for the other two, being bottom half is kind of part of being a disaster!

Other teams like Leverkusen have their own disaster stories and will always be a selling club. The league is then made up of uninspiring other sides like Union Berlin, Freiburg, Mainz (who are the real bottom half sides) etc... Its just not very exciting to me.

RoyH1

Juventus. Serie A is getting spicy again and I can see a team or two mounting a serious challenge soon.

Borussia needs a change in it's management philosophy if it wants to topple Bayern. Yes, they're exciting, yes they're well run and no longer in the red. But they need to increase their wages so they can keep their top players for a longer time before selling them off for a tidy profit.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
The good thing about Bayern and Juventus winning their leagues is that no Corona regulations will be violated.

I mean, no one has turned up on the streets to celebrate the championship in years in Munich, no CL no party.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Hamburg are a former top division disaster team, but I thought about editing after I wrote it because I knew someone would pick it up. I just picked them as they are probably the most famous disaster team and traditionally one of the more well known Bundesliga sides. As for the other two, being bottom half is kind of part of being a disaster!

Other teams like Leverkusen have their own disaster stories and will always be a selling club. The league is then made up of uninspiring other sides like Union Berlin, Freiburg, Mainz (who are the real bottom half sides) etc... Its just not very exciting to me.
You are making no sense every leagues have bottom half teams, you said absolutely nothing interesting and even added teams that have nothing to do with the Bundesliga that you tried to watch. The current german top teams Bayern, Dortmund, Leipzig, Gladbach and Leverkusen are good to very good, Bayern just happens to be arguably the best team in Europe. You showed that you don't follow or know the league when you mentioned Schalke, Werder and the HSV, it would have been better to just say that you don't watch the league.