Bayern Munich vs Manchester United

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Not bad.

Shame the Semi Final 2nd leg is away. Getting past Bayern won't be easy at all. Same against the French.
The draw is superb for us!

Respect for all sides, and that, but feck me, for a side of our calibre, anything but another final appearance would be a massive disappointment now.

The other side of the draw is an absolute minefield, by contrast.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
If you wanted motivation from Hargreaves to get back in form there isnt a better one than facing Bayern.

Put Neville in the freezer for both legs, Rafael or Hargreaves in RB.
Don't be silly. Putting a player who's not played a first team game in 18 months against either Ribery or Robben in the Quarter-Final's of the Champions League is suicide.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
If you wanted motivation from Hargreaves to get back in form there isnt a better one than facing Bayern.

Put Neville in the freezer for both legs, Rafael or Hargreaves in RB.
Hargreaves isn't registered in our CL Squad

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Right, I am four hours on the train from Munich so if anyone is gracious enough to get me a ticket I would very fecking much appreciate it.

A longshot I know, but worth a try.....
I am 10 minutes away from the stadium and would also appreciate a ticket. I don't want to have to sit with Bayern fans this time.

B Cantona

Desperate
I m surprised many people here it is a nice draw. I think it is a very tough draw especially since they have everyone fit and the form they are in
No draw was going to be easy RDC, as it goes, and especially with the 2nd leg at OT, and the prospect of a French club in the semis... it doesn't get much better than that at this stage

datura

I don't fancy him vs. Ribery. But Park is most likely to be on that flank supporting him, so it's a better match-up.

Besides, Robben is a much better player and the biggest threat they have. It's him we've got to worry about.
Ribery plays on the left, and Robben on the right whenever I've seen them play.

I really wanted bayern for some reason, should be a great tie.

Frans

" Wise people talk because they have somethin
The draw is superb for us!

Respect for all sides, and that, but feck me, for a side of our calibre, anything but another final appearance would be a massive disappointment now.

The other side of the draw is an absolute minefield, by contrast.
this.

if we beat bayern we will be in the final. plus we have second leg at home.

third time in a row.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
Why does it always look like they have fixed the draw?

Of course they want the 2 best teams in the final and to do that they need to keep us & Barca apart. Looks too coincidental to be true.

The only way they could have done this better would be to have set up a possible United/Munich semi.

I'm a conspiricy theorist BTW...

nimic

something nice
Scout
Obviously people are right in saying that these are good sides, but does anyone genuinely believe that we aren't massive favourites over two legs? We got very, very lucky.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I will say this for Bayern, they have improved in the last couple of months. They lead the Bundesliga having bumped Leverkusen off the top and Robben and Ribery have been impressive now that they play together regularly after each being injured for some time. I personally don't rate their defence at all though, but that said the defender some of their fans rate as one of the worst this season, DeMichelis, is now injured and won't play. I am alos no great fan of their strikers. Gomez is no threat at all for me but Klose if he's in form is always a threat even if he hasn't been too impressive this year generally.

I would be very disappointed if we don't win this game, but this is Bayern's biggest game for years and that will motive them. I think Van Bommel has grown into the role of captain quite well and has become more of an asset to Bayern than I thought he was for many years. Remember also that the wily Van Gaal is no slouch - he'll plan well and provide Ferguson a stern test. In fact Van Gaal has turned Bayern around after needing quite a while to get the players to play the way he wanted them too. That said he originally envisaged Ribery at the top of a diamond midfield formation but he's back to his best position now. The players do now seem to be playing for their coach and in his styles though and the results are there for all to see.

It won't be a piece of piss by any means, but we should have more than enough to get through.

Alek M

Da manic one
They have assembled a nice team. I watched both games with Viola. To me Bayern was the dark horse to get to the final prior to the draw. They are a solid team. The only thing lacking for them is a very good striker, which is good for us. Great midfield, so we have to have all of our players focused.

Ribery was kept at bay in the 2nd game. Robben drifts in and out of the game. Van Bommel is a dangerous one, that comes from deep in the midfield to provide good support. As I said Gomes is crap, so if we play a good midfield team, then we can match them quite wel..

Stan Jefferson

cant wait, pretty good draw all round, if only we would be at home second leg of the semis should we get through.

Shimo

That we also avoid Inter Barca Arse till the final is great. Also when we get past Bayern we play second leg of semi at home. Tough draw but I fancy us.

Shimo

That we also avoid Inter Barca Arse till the final is great. Also when we get past Bayern we play second leg of semi at home. Tough draw but I fancy us.
Edit: it is alreay decided who plays who in the semis and which pair get home second leg. United/Bayern home second against the French pair

kps88

Edit: it is alreay decided who plays who in the semis and which pair get home second leg. United/Bayern home second against the French pair
BBC says we're away in the 2nd leg of the semi.

Ixion

Not going to be easy but we must be favourites to progress from our half of the draw to the final. Reckon we could see a repeat final of last year.

By my count, the following have gotten to 3 European Cup finals in a row: Juve 96-98, Milan 93-95, Bayern 74-76, Ajax 71-73, Benfica 61-63, Madrid 56-60. So would put us in an elite group.

RednProud

When do they decide on who's showing which games and therefore whether the home leg is on the 6th or 7th.

I would have rather played Barca over 2 legs than in the final (which i think will be the case).

Berlinknives

Robben is predictable as he will always look to cut inside - But then again so is Messi. Doesn't mean its hard to stop though.

Bayern are similar to United in their counter attacking exploits.

Whoever plays at RB is going to have to have a bloody good two games to shut out Ribery.
Robben's better, in my opinion.

I'd worry about O'Shea, he might go overboard with any French players.

So lucky it's not Keane. :lol: