Bayern Munich vs Manchester United

red2deadboy

If berba continues to improves his form at current rate, then i'm thinking bayern will have all kinds of bother dealing with rooney/berb combo.

Good draw ......time to face the hun :devil:

Berlinknives

If berba continues to improves his form at current rate, then i'm thinking bayern will have all kinds of bother dealing with rooney/berb combo.

Good draw ......time to face the hun :devil:
Yeah they might go 4-4-2 to try to get the away goal in the Allianz Arena.

Shame Hargreaves can't play any part.

Jaap

Couldn't really have asked for a better outcome overall
This.

Cracking draw, which could have been a lot worse.

@ WeasteDevil

If I remember rightly, there have been draws for the quarters, where the first match that was drawn and the third played on one day & the second and fourth match played on the other night.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Fantastic draw. Bayern--->Lyon---->Barca

Our previous results v Bayren

30 Sept 98 Bayern 2 United 2
9 Dec 98 United 1 Bayern 1
26 May 99 United 2 Bayern 1
3 Apr 01 United 0 Bayern 1
18 Apr 01 Bayern 2 United 1
20 Nov 01 Bayern 1 United 1
13 Mar 02 United 0 Bayern 0

No one's scored more than 2 goals. That should change this time.

MUFCgal

No doubt people will be saying that just like last year, we've an easy route to the final. I don't think about in that way. Bayern won't be pushovers to start with so I'm just concentrating on them first before I think of whatever French team we'll face in the semis.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Bayern are playing with a lot of confidence at the moment. This will be an absolute war. I like our chances.

MJD72

This is definitely a great draw on paper for us I think. If we can keep Ribery and Robben quiet - not an easy task - we should make it through to the semis and hopefully face Monsieur Blanc and Bordeaux.

Jaap

Bayern are playing with a lot of confidence at the moment. This will be an absolute war. I like our chances.
A mate of mine is a Bayern supporter and we watched the match v Freiburg (17th in the Bundesliga) last Saturday together and, to be fair and honest, Bayern were very poor - couldn't string a pair of passes together and looked fragile at the back.

Robben saved them with a free-kick and a penalty in the second half after they fell behind, but the way they played did not impress me one bit.

They are away to Frankfurt tomorrow - kick-off 2:30pm, if anyone's interested.

lynchie

It's a good draw, and it's also nice that there's a pretty good chance of 4 different countries being represented in the semis. It's what the European Cup should be all about.

Alex

Good draw, fancy United's chances with the 2nd leg at home, won't be easy but at least they aren't Barcelona

Sir A1ex

Yes, but this year it was in the draw "rules" if anybody actually bothered to read them.
Ah right, obvious then...

...As long as you'd bothered to find, download, read and digest the whole of a 98 page document in advance...

...And then realise that there is no mention in that document of which days the ties are played other than the very vague and ultimately unhelpful rule 12.01b:
On the basis of the draw, the UEFA administration decides which UEFA
Champions League matches are to be played on Tuesdays and which on
Wednesdays .

...and so return to this thread to ask the patronising smart-arse who finds it obvious where these "draw rules" are to be found.:confused:

In fact, it's so obvious that UEFA still haven't managed to publish the dates themselves. Bit thick of them really.

BAMSOLA

Has issues!
Supports
A Crack Habit.
This was bayern's first 11 against fiorentina home leg:

Butt
Lahm
Van Buyten
Demichelis
Badstuber
Schweinsteiger
Van bommel
Robben
Ribery
Muller
Gomez

Add to that Klose, tymoshchuk, Olic and if you like Pranjic availible for either the first team or from the bench and even then I don't see a whole lot to fear, respect yes but playing 4-3-3 in both legs i'd expect us to get the job done with quite a bit to spare.

I think we can all see they have a poor defence and i'd back Rooney to tear that defence appart with ease given the right supply line. I'd recommend playing 4-3-3 in both legs due to the fact that the obvious strength they have is on the wings and I think we need to nulify that with 4-3-3.

And i'd back Ferdinand and Vidic to hold Gomez and Olic or whatever combination they use up front.

This is definately doable providing we are on top of our game.

Sir A1ex

BTW Weastie - this part was a thinly disguised request for you to point me in the direction of those rules, so I can be better informed next time:

...and so return to this thread to ask the patronising smart-arse who finds it obvious where these "draw rules" are to be found.:confused:

johnmufc

It looks a good draw, but I can't help but feel that I'd prefer to face Barcelona over two legs. I know the Barca side of 2010 are a different (and much better) prospect than the Barca of 2008, but we did an excellent job of nullifying them in 2008, and really should have won at the Camp Nou as well.

Losing to Barcelona again in a Final would be horrible. :(

Devilton

It's fecking ON!!!

Love the draw. Not easy by any means, but if we're good enough we will face the best team in the Finals.

Chuffed!

Devilton

Losing to Barcelona again in a Final would be horrible. :(
I know what you're saying, but there's no shame in losing to a great side. I think we learnt some lessons from last year and hopefully Fergie will have the adjustments required to better them if we do indeed meet in the finals.

They are a great team, but Sevilla showed they can be beat so there isn't an air of invincibility about them this year like there was last when they looked destined to win everything before them.

Suedesi

Out of the hat I wanted Bayern, pretty happy. Couldn't be happier with the path to the final, it's totally doable.

Beating Barca, now that's something entirely different.

Unam333

Difficult draw. However, if we overcome Bayern then we have a good chance to reach the finals again.

Hopefully by then Arsenal knocked Barcelona out of the Champions League.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
not as easy as some are making it out to be. i follow Bayern and the BL, i reckon United will go through...but its going to be tough...

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Certainly not easy. Bayern will cause us some problems for sure. But if we do get through, I'd fancy us to beat the Frenchies and get to the final.

kps88

No no no. I hate playing PL teams in the final.

I don't care if a continental side wins because nobody will rub my nose in it. If Arsenal win my gooner mates will never let me forget. Not to mention Storey et al on here!
Imagine if we won! :drool: