BBC: SPOTY

Acole9

Outstanding
Get your tongue out of his ass Lineker you slimey tango faced twat.

Schneiderman

What a joke, they won one title which they were favourites for. Makes a mockery of the whole thing.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
I agree that Hamiltons car is vastly superior, however Bottas is in a Mercedes too but doesn't dominate in it like Hamilton, so a vast element is also Hamilton. Like Verstappen in his red bull, the car isn't comparable to the Mercedes, but he's winning races in it, despite Mercedes dominance
Exactly, to think anything otherwise shows no appreciation whatsoever of what it takes to win races.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
I agree that Hamiltons car is vastly superior, however Bottas is in a Mercedes too but doesn't dominate in it like Hamilton, so a vast element is also Hamilton. Like Verstappen in his red bull, the car isn't comparable to the Mercedes, but he's winning races in it, despite Mercedes dominance
True, having a dominant car is not everything, but it does make things a lot easier.

In my eyes, Hamilton’s achievements this season had some shine taken away from them when Russell dominated the Sakhir GP without having ever driven the car before.

United Hobbit

I'd put Ronnie over Hollie and Henderson due to his success over the years. If Hollie had been champion jockey, maybe I'd understand like I said there was a big push on the racing to vote for her, whereas snooker isn't doing such things

Thank god it wasn’t Henderson. I get that they won the league, but shouldn’t have even been nominated.

Hamilton was was head and shoulders above anyone else.

United Hobbit

Glad Lewis won, he could be back in the nominations next year if he gets title 8, though if the Olympics etc go ahead we could have a lot of nominees

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
I don't get it, what do people dislike about Hamilton? Always speaks well, gives credit to his team, his dad etc. He's worked hard to reach the pinnacle of his sport. Seems like a perfectly decent bloke to me.
Yeah he is awesome and thoroughly deserves a 2nd Spoty. We are lucky to have such an iconic sportsman.

Heardy

I don't get it, what do people dislike about Hamilton? Always speaks well, gives credit to his team, his dad etc. He's worked hard to reach the pinnacle of his sport. Seems like a perfectly decent bloke to me.
Tax dodging, fake American accent, true brit living in Monaco. Comes across as incredibly fake.

I respect his achievements but he’s so far detached from the fans, it’s just not endearing.

Infordin

Supports
Barcelona
I am a Verstappen fan who is thoroughly annoyed by the borderline unfairness superiority of the Mercedes car. I have zero doubt that Max would beat anyone on the grid in the same car.

That’s my honest opinion :lol:

hp88

Yeah never really understood why people dislike him, as you said he has always thanked those around him as he knows they have all played a part in making history.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
Tax dodging, fake American accent, true brit living in Monaco. Comes across as incredibly fake.

I respect his achievements but he’s so far detached from the fans, it’s just not endearing.
Spoty is about sporting achievements and not tax status and other motor sports stars such as Jenson Button, Nigel Mansell and Damon Hill are/were all tax exiles.

hp88

Guess you would put him in the same category as David Beckham then ?

Yeah never really understood why people dislike him, as you said he has always thanked those around him as he knows they have all played a part in making history.
didn’t know people disliked him...

shame so few people get to watch F1 since it went to sky.

F-Red

He pays UK income tax, and one of the top 5000 people who pay income tax in the country.

Heardy

Spoty is about sporting achievements and not tax status and other motor sports stars such as Jenson Button, Nigel Mansell and Damon Hill are/were all tax exiles.
That’s got nothing to do with my point? You asked why people dislike him??

He won because he’s the best at what he does and I respect that as I noted.

Port Vale Devil

Supports
Port Vale
That’s got nothing to do with my point? You asked why people dislike him??

He won because he’s the best at what he does and I respect that as I noted.
Yeah you are right but then again this is in the Spoty thread. I didn’t ask why people disliked him btw.

Heardy

Even take the tax dodging point away which may well be a misconception. But he’s not endearing - he’s incredibly fake / disconnected.

compare his interview to that of Marcus Rashford and that’s exactly my point.

keithsingleton

Its called jealousy. Not long before he adds Sir to his name either.