Beckham statue revealed

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Awful Beckham statue unveiled in Iran - Yahoo! Eurosport UK

You might have thought the Michael Jackson statue outside of Fulham's Craven Cottage ground was bad - but surely it is an artistic masterpiece compared to this wax sculpture of David Beckham unveiled in Iran.

Yes, that right - we did say David Beckham. For the sculpture on the left of the picture really is meant to be the English football superstar.

The Beckham piece, which bizarrely stands beside a not-quite-as-bad-but-still-terrible recreation of former Bayern Munich goalkeeper Oliver Kahn, can be found at the Saint Petersburg's museum in the Niavaran Cultural Centre in northern Tehran.

Why Beckham has been done up to look like Liam Neeson's Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn character from Star Wars we have no idea, but hey - at least it is different.

Have another look at the Beckham likeness below and tell us if you can see any similarities whatsoever between it and Golden Balls.

LOLZ

Team Brian GB

Baby Cameron loves X-Factor
Supports
Chelsea
There was I thinking that was a model of an albino with a fake tan.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
Fix the hair and it might be alright.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
So will they put this in the lobby of Capitol Records?

Aaron

Theres a really bad wax works place in Gt Yarmouth and I've been to a couple of times as a child. That apparently is really, really, really bad at likenesses.

Excal

You all can have a go if you want, but I'd like to congratulate the sculptor on their hard work in creating that wax sculpture of David Beckham despite being blind from birth and having never once seen what Becks actually looks like. He looks brilliant next to that sculpture of Ivan Drago from Rocky 4.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
It looks more like John Arne Riise (the one on the right)

Hectic

Supports
30fps
:lol:

What, the metallic rapist in full effect!

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
You all can have a go if you want, but I'd like to congratulate the sculptor on their hard work in creating that wax sculpture of David Beckham despite being blind from birth and having never once seen what Becks actually looks like. He looks brilliant next to that sculpture of Ivan Drago from Rocky 4.
blind?

wow...thats amazing then.... :eek:

I think if he had got teh hair right, it may actually be pretty close. I'm not gonna quib about the colour...it is a wax sculpture aftar all.

Red Hand Devil

Plan M ish
"I said a hip hop, hippie to the hippie..."
blind?

wow...thats amazing then
.... :eek:

I think if he had got teh hair right, it may actually be pretty close. I'm not gonna quib about the colour...it is a wax sculpture aftar all.
Nah man, thats gotta be bullshit!

How could a blind man sculp something he cannot see?!

Tbh, there's more chance of Stephen Hawking not pissing himself after his tea this evening!

davisjw

I think I saw that statue as a stand in elf during the Lord of the Rings....

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout

I thought it was Schweinsteiger on the right, but then I realised who it really was...