Beer Draft R1: Iso vs SirScholes

With players at their peak, who would win?

• SirScholes

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Isotope

SirScholes

Isotope Tactics

A harmonious 4-3-3 football prowess, with combative warriors in midfield, and masters of penetration in attack. The defence guided by versatile players to cope with any type of attack, and allow passing from the back.

Defence: Two of finest balanced fullbacks in K-H Schnellinger and Berti Vogts are seamlessly working with the stalwart partnership of Sol Campbell and Rune Bratseth. They’re standing tall as fortress before Oliver Kahn, a paragon of Germany's goalkeeping legacy. Both Bratseth and Schnellinger will orchestrating passes to the midfield, further enhancing team’s fluidity and strategic prowess.

Midfield: The heart of the team boasting midfield titans of Lothar Matthäus, Paul Breitner, and Frank Rijkaard. Together, they form a strong force with individual strengths, offering goalscoring prowess, tireless box to box play, playmaking flair, and boundless energy to dominate the midfield battle.

On Attack: The tricksters Tom Finney and Stanley Mathews bring a touch of finesse to the side. They serve as great foils to the formidable Jimmy Greaves, one of the most prolific strikers of all time. Together, they form an attacking trio that promises such display of skill and goal-scoring prowess.

"Isotope's team might just have the upper hand in midfield finesse and rock-solid defense (not to mention a top-notch goalkeeper), especially when it comes to midfield guarding its backline.

When attacking, the dynamic duo Matthaus and Breitner’s surging run have a knack for outmaneuvering even the most steadfast defenses, leaving Scholes and D. Edwards to marvel at their skill prowess.

If Isotope's can score a goal and defend the lead, they'll win the game.
"
~ Michael Owen, football finest analyst.

SirScholes Tactics

Score more than Iso.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
id be tempted to vote for sir but wont as he went awol

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
It is a very nice 442. The Edwards Scholes combo works really well.
It's just another 4-2-3-1. Best and Bale are not pure wingers, or expected to go up and down. They're best as wide forward.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
It's just another 4-2-3-1. Best and Bale are not pure wingers, or expected to go up and down. They're best as wide forward.
With Best I would generally agree. Here I think it is the "Bale vs Maicon" Bale, so I think that Bale works no problem here.

Šjor Bepo

disagreed, for me the best version of Bale was the left mid version(pretty much unstoppable left footed version of Antonio Valencia).....Best can easily and probably played most of his career as a wide mid, @harms watched the most so he can comment on that

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
disagreed, for me the best version of Bale was the left mid version(pretty much unstoppable left footed version of Antonio Valencia).....Best can easily and probably played most of his career as a wide mid, @harms watched the most so he can comment on that
Not most of his career but earlier years' Best (mid 60's to around 1969-1970 probably) usually played in a role that can be comparable, gradually moving closer and closer to forward positions.

Šjor Bepo

Not most of his career but earlier years' Best (mid 60's to around 1969-1970 probably) usually played in a role that can be comparable, gradually moving closer and closer to forward positions.
so...the best years :D

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
so...the best years :D
You can argue that he became a forward around 1967/68 maybe... but that depended on the tactics in a particular game and he still worked pretty hard defensively.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
If we go by his Spurs time, Bale had free role and more like a second striker when he exploded. If my memory served right.

On Best, this is United formation when we won the European Cup, and he won Ballon d'Or

Šjor Bepo

If we go by his Spurs time, Bale had free role and more like a second striker. If my memory served right.
that was in his final season only IIRC, before that he was mostly used from the left

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
that was in his final season only IIRC, before that he was mostly used from the left
True. Did a bit of research, he's good as LW in 2 seasons (2010-2012). Then he became SS on his final season.