Beer vs Wine Draft - Reinforcement Round

Physiocrat

Has No Mates

Western Europe can be broadly split between beer and wine drinking.

In this draft we will first have the battle of the wines and the battle of the beers, finishing with the ultimate battle of beer vs wine.

Eight drafters will be allocated beer countries and the other eight will be allocated wine countries.

Beer Countries: Scotland, England, Wales, Northern Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Luxembourg, Belgium, Holland, Germany, Austria, Switzerland,

Wine Countries: Spain, France, Portugal, Italy,

So it is beer vs beer sides, and wine vs wine sides until and including the semi-final. Then the final is the best of beer vs the best of wine.

Standard T&C:

S1 - All time snake draft.
S2 - Initial drafting of 12 players.
S3 - 4 hrs per pick. Do not wait or provide extra time. Extra 4 hours if PM'd to other players. Please PM the player after you in the order.
S4 - No change in picks after posting.
S5 - No substitutions. Tactical changes with in-field players only.
S6 - Draw will be decided by Coin Toss
S7 - In match thread, only one of the managers is allowed to post for the duration of the match. The other manager is restricted to 3 posts or less for the duration of match thread. Make your choice and make it clear on match thread on who will lead the discussions. It's not one at a time. It's just one for the match.
S8 - Only players with a full game online will be eligible.
S9 - Country is decided by the country they played for first at full international level. If the country no longer exists then they are eligible by place of birth using modern country boundaires to determine nationality (I think this is only an issue with West and East Germany).

Clearly the snakes can run simultaneously.

Drafters:

1.Physio

@Pat_Mustard @Jim Beam @Šjor Bepo @Michaelf7777777 @BIG DUNK

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Drafters -

1. Physio
2. Big Dunk
3. Michaelf777777
4. Zlatan

SirScholes

Often wonder how you guys keep coming up with original ideas ha

sure I’m in

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Drafters -

1. Physio
2. Big Dunk
3. Michaelf777777
4. Zlatan
5. Sjor
6. Sir Scholes

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Drafters -

1. Physio
2. Big Dunk
3. Michaelf777777
4. Zlatan
5. Sjor
6. Sir Scholes
7. Jim Beam
8. Prolifik
9. Enigma
10. EAP

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
1. Physio
2. Big Dunk
3. Michaelf777777
4. Zlatan
5. Sjor
6. Sir Scholes
7. Jim Beam
8. Prolifik
9. Enigma
10. EAP
11. Himannv
12. Gio

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
So, from my admittedly limited understanding of a draft theme, we should be drunk while playing? Never done that, so find it a tad uncomfortable, but a man's gotta to do what a man's gotta to do.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Thanks @Šjor Bepo

Rather busy but by way of feedback, you should establish reinforcement rules beforehand.

This is a good opportunity for revisiting the random pot luck of spoils of war (pick one or two from your beaten rival).

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Thanks @Šjor Bepo

Rather busy but by way of feedback, you should establish reinforcement rules beforehand.

This is a good opportunity for revisiting the random pot luck of spoils of war (pick one or two from your beaten rival).
We did the (partial) spoils of war approach in the draft that's just finishing now and I think it worked well.

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
Thanks @Šjor Bepo

Thanks for the reminder about RR.

Anyone any thoughts on whether we should go spoils of war or an open reinforcement pool?

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Thanks for the reminder about RR.

Anyone any thoughts on whether we should go spoils of war or an open reinforcement pool?
if its wine vs wine and beer vs beer it should be spoils of the war

Physiocrat

Has No Mates
if its wine vs wine and beer vs beer it should be spoils of the war
By open pool, I meant beer can reinforce with any beer player from losing sides and wine sides can reinforce with any wine player from a losing side.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
1. Physio
2. Big Dunk
3. Michaelf777777
4. Zlatan
5. Sjor
6. Sir Scholes
7. Jim Beam
8. Prolifik
9. Enigma
10. EAP
11. Himannv
12. Gio
13. Mustard
14. NM
15. Skizzo

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
By open pool, I meant beer can reinforce with any beer player from losing sides and wine sides can reinforce with any wine player from a losing side.
Sure, it's just a narrower "given" pool.

Two upsides: prevents boring optimal picks leading to superteams and conditions the amount of bull spouted about rival stars you are hoping to nab (may even build them up to test waters, which is fun).

Downside: you may struggle to upgrade a key role left for later at the drafting stage. I went with Morena in the 50s draft and spent the entire draft not coming across a better or more suitable striker while the other finalist wound up with about 5 :lol: It's your own decisions coming back to bite you in the arse, which is also fun and frustrating in equal measure.