Behind the Curtain draft (Eastern Europe) | 1/8 | mazhar13 vs green_smiley 7:8

Who will win based on all the players at their peaks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Good game guys, was following it with interest. Think the issue was that at one stage no one thought either of you would be able to participate and in reality, both of you were doing a stellar job with some great contributions.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Having watch Oblak in almost full two games, he's a wonderful player. His energy and drive are phenomenal. He's like Michael Essien on steroids.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Ivanovic is getting terribly underrated here. He's one of the best defenders in the draft and has a fantastic CV to back that up. He was phenomenal against Barcelona in the 2012 CL semis which is as big a test of a defender as you can pick out and he has several other top European performances such as the one against a high flying Liverpool which demolished the Rio-Vidic defense at United and defeated Madrid 4-0 days before facing Chelsea. He's the best right-back the PL has seen and one of the best defenders in the league's history. A defender I'd pay anything to have in my team at his peak, at his best he was pretty much unbreakable and brings a tremendous amount of character, mental toughness, physicality, tactical awareness with big game ability to boot. It was really unfortunate that he missed the CL final in 2012 (Shreeves with his i'm a cnut moment in postmatch) as he was one of the most deserving finalists in that run. Such an invaluable player in the team at his peak.

Now that voting is over i can clear this up.

I dont understand this post. You are praising Ivanovic Cv as RB but here he is starting as a CB. not a makeshift injury caused position either.:confused:

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Ivanovic is getting terribly underrated here. He's one of the best defenders in the draft and has a fantastic CV to back that up. He was phenomenal against Barcelona in the 2012 CL semis which is as big a test of a defender as you can pick out and he has several other top European performances such as the one against a high flying Liverpool which demolished the Rio-Vidic defense at United and defeated Madrid 4-0 days before facing Chelsea. He's the best right-back the PL has seen and one of the best defenders in the league's history. A defender I'd pay anything to have in my team at his peak, at his best he was pretty much unbreakable and brings a tremendous amount of character, mental toughness, physicality, tactical awareness with big game ability to boot. It was really unfortunate that he missed the CL final in 2012 (Shreeves with his i'm a cnut moment in postmatch) as he was one of the most deserving finalists in that run. Such an invaluable player in the team at his peak.
Huh, I missed this post completely.

Sorry, but I completely disagree with this. Ivanovic was only a good defender as a right back when he could leave the ball holder with limited options with his tight marking. In a deep defensive line with numbers at the back, he's a great defender, but as we've seen under Mourinho, when he plays at a higher line, he gets exposed.

Now GS didn't specify how he set up his team defensively, so assuming that it was a conventional mid-line defence, Ivanovic as a central defender is truly exposed here, particularly as he doesn't have a defensive right back alongside him.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Agree on this Ivanovic disagreement. Even at right back I have questions for him to be fair and as a center back he doesn't have enough quality/experience, although he does (visually) look like a center back, which had always influenced the public opinion about him :lol:

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Tough choice.

I voted for mazhar because he has a great CB pairing.

Surprised by your presentations. I would have made something like that:

------ Galic ----
Meskhi ------- Skoblar

I understand Galic is a striker, a guy who was top scorer of some competitions.

On the other hand,

--- Dobrin ---- Boban
------ Zanetic ------

My cosmetic views :)

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I understand Galic is a striker, a guy who was top scorer of some competitions.
He was a prolific goalscorer, but he wasn't a striker. He was more of a second striker who had lots of vertical movement, dropping into the midfield to get on the ball and spread it around as well as horizontal movement, moving between the flanks. Galic up front wasn't the best option as we wanted to make use of his vertical movement and allow Skoblar to come into attacking positions as well.