Behind the Curtain draft (Eastern Europe) | 1/8 | RedTiger 12:14 Raees

Who will win based on all the players at their peaks?

• RedTiger

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • Raees

Votes: 15 51.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
He was slow as feck in his early 30ies but he wasnt always that slow, he wasnt fast mind you but he was much more mobile then many people think. Dont think it was his pace that let him down as he was a pretty capable leftback, position where his lack of pace would be even easier to exploit + plenty of slow players excelled at CB position.
At his best he had the freedom in the middle of the part too press and launch into tackles, guess he had hard time to change his game for CB role specially as the previous role he played on a very high level.
I liked him a lot in midfield for Red Star.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Raees is more expected to set the tempo and RedTiger to counter-attack IMO.

Have Tymoschul and Kada great passing skills?

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Raees is more expected to set the tempo and RedTiger to counter-attack IMO.

Have Tymoschul and Kada great passing skills?
More reknowned for being a defensive maestro, but he was seen as a 'conductor'

And all the matches got Kadam as the conductor of an orchestra Sparta's highest rating
"When swims Kadam, swim all," he said critic after a few matches of Sparta
https://translate.google.co.uk/tran...entace-karel-pesek-kada-9114.html&prev=search

Kadam was the star of the team and admired him throughout Europe

He was a fantastic player against whom I have ever played," said Santiago Bernabeu. His name was actually Karel Pesek, but the world knew him as Kadu and acknowledged as the best midfielder of his middle period. "Seeing Kadu and die," used to write when Italian journalists about a man in the last match of the fans in tears.

Central Midfield those times was the centerpiece of all the action on the pitch. When then-style (and in proportion to the former training benefits) that naběhal incredible amount, driving game, distributed balloons, he returned and operated on wings, tirelessly shuttled all over the pitch. An equally important task centrhalva work was on the defensive, when with the support of one of the defenders covering interior offensive trio opponent. Kada all filled manner that it in a poll of experts sometime in the '40s brought in the best of interwar eleven (along with Plánička Bican). "He played so that you seemed to be everywhere," recalled Pepi Bican. Although Sparta began as a winger - in addition to the former stars of A. Fivébra. But moving into the middle simultaneously moved on a pedestal, then taking looked up to anyone who is interested in football.

Kadam was directly fantastic feeling for different game situations, it could instantly read current events on the pitch and react accordingly - whether it was about the offensive or defensive. "He was exceptionally technically advanced and had a perfect, soft and precise pass and immense will and toughness," he recalls in his autobiography L. Ženíšek. Wonderfully clean spaces, which introduced the defense's Amendment, which he admitted authorship of the whole of Europe and that, years later brushed Sváťa Pluskal - slip. But it was not a believer in any case hard games, timers agree that judges rarely had whistled a foul, which is the player who is almost constantly in the center of things, admirable. His small stature helped him a bit discreet, light movement, chic, you might say, it was not a rabachor what everything around him razed. And despite the smaller figure was an excellent Rivet. Though it was hard worker and a fighter for pohledání, he was extremely gentlemanly, up chivalric impression. However, he too writer K. Konrad said he was "a gentleman of football". Kadam was also every bit as professional and as one of the few players in this direction ahead of its time. He is adding a workout and ate in a way that would have pleased him even today experts.

And one more quote from the book Heroes of ball pit: "And do you know what's Tub interesting? Even the world's biggest ace had had during its heyday weak moments, and nothing strange man is not a machine, while Kadam was like a Swiss watch, always accurate and reliable, maybe ten years, match by match, in any situation, in any weather, Prague, Barcelona, New York ... of course that always were not impressed, but never disappointed. "

(Kadam was also an excellent hockey player, three times even contributed to the profit European title, according to Minor hockey encyclopedia "His greatest strength was good technique sticks, tactical thinking and an overview of the game.")

How much influence used to have to play my team, we can trace a contemporary report from the end Kad career, published in the book Plays Today Kadam: "With the exception of the first fifteen minutes of play Kadam below average and swam 'bravely. And when he swam Kadam, swam the whole team ! 50,000 eyes exceptionally well convinced of the wrong size, what it means for Sparta Kadam. support when falls, pulls everything else ruin! "

Popularity, which is at home and abroad enjoyed, would envy today's athletes. Once it gets in Vienna sort of freak out with a knife, but it was the exception. They then those viewers really admired his game, though her for her stealth noticed only need a second look. At home, in the 20 years has not been more popular athletes in Holešovice Urania played operetta "golden-haired diva" with the title "diva" in his case had pejorative overtones, it referred more to its acclaimed all privileged position among others. K. Balling of it composed the song, which they used to play every day in Hašlerova Rococo and which he soon was singing the whole of Prague:

Today plays Kadam,
golden-haired diva,
today plays Kadam,
Pattern athletes of all!
It kicks in when apricot,
kick off the heart strings,
today plays Kadam,
boasting over Bohemia!

As an unshakable position in the former football environment he testifies one of his drift. In one derby with Slavia is the whistle penalty against Sparta. Offending defender Perner he even put the ball on the penalty spot. But before he could Svoboda penalty in play, outran him and boyishly Kadam sat balloon. At the invitation of the arbitration Cejnar responded by mančaftu ordered to leave the cab. The match ended prematurely. Print but leaned into Cejnar - Kadam was simply untouchable. This extempore, however, was a rare exception to the otherwise immaculate shield "golden-haired diva" who was saying to the words of the song, "a model for all athletes." But also a former referee declared that to be so on the field twenty-Kadumi, it would not need him there. In one game with Viktorkou again intentionally missed a penalty, he knew it was wrong to be whistled, and when he was in one match in Spain ousted by his teammate Pilate and the crowd began to crave bouřivě appeal this verdict, resolutely Pilate sent to the locker room. (One more appeal mančaftu the field captain Kado is famous, namely that in the finale of the Olympic Games in Antwerp r. 1920 Kada did so to protest against the unilateral control of the match by the referee Lewis, who had openly shun domestic Belgians.)

Twenty years fought best Sparta, helped her to a famous victory, three league primates, to gain some Central European Cup in the year. 1927 has played 727 matches for her. Sparta had repaid classic Czech style - Court of lost profits. As part of his contract was the fact that his mother could operate the canteen at the stadium. Káďův salary was indeed a little over a thousand crowns (the best take 4-5 thousand, the salary of such an official has been around thousands), but with different premiums and revenues from the mother's canteen that made his brother over five thousand (perfect game, but not married to). They pulled some sort of paragraphs that said treaty was in force for the old canteen at the stadium before the renovations, not new, and something somewhere, and wanted no loss of earnings - about half a million. Just classical human pettiness and meanness. Although Prosoudili 300,000 court but lost. That was Kada away from Sparta - at 38 he moved to Zidenice. A full two years has not represented - until his thirty-six was found worthy successor to his post - slavista Čambal. When he came to and homebuyer to Sparta it was the event of the month. According to the press of that time he played as if he did not change, it was a good old Kadam. The homebuyer show lasted only a year, then finished with football. It was the year 1934th

After finishing a career he held the post of clerk in the Ministry of Health. It was not about nepotism, Kadam was aware that football will feed into retirement, so the Faculty of Science and a doctorate and then studied pharmacy. He also worked at the ministry for the war. The Germans took advantage of his popularity when he was without his knowledge enlisted in the League Against Bolshevism. Certainly, the fence, it would be but it was the last thing he did in this world. After the liberation, he figured, newly minted heroes, as well as others (V. Burian had eg. To participate in the dismantling of barricades and each tile kiss.) Kadumi caught the street sort of fellow, let him be led to the barracks, where he was savagely beaten another guy. Until the intervention of a lawyer Kadam was released and negotiations got "more civil" character. Kadam was classically questioned, released and summoned again after a year to the allegations proved to be meaningless. The crust of guilt was never officially removed. Then came the year 1951 RNDr. et MgPH Karel Pesek was within the Bolshevik action hurray 77,000 into production sacked from his post and became a day to day laborer.

30. 9. 1970, just days after his 75th birthday, he died. His coffin was draped in the Spartan and the Czechoslovak flag. In the Letná tavern "U Post" had its place, where now hangs sign saying: "You sit dr. Karel Pesek - Kadam."

Talking about "the golden-haired prima donna" I end as I began - S. Bernabeua words: "All my life I have had with the football. I've seen countless players. Now I know that I saw only three truly great footballer. One was Di Stefano, others Pelé and third Czechoslovakian Kadam. "
https://translate.google.co.uk/tran.../clanky/dneska-hraje-kada-168847/&prev=search

Last edited:

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
@Joga Bonito keen to get your feedback on whether the set up of the side was what you expected, or would have adopted yourself had you had the same set of players.
Aye just what I expected in terms of personnel, can see it working pretty well.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
It's so interesting to see who voted for whom :(

BorisDeLeFora

Voted for Raees, I really like the spine of the team, from what I think I know the central midfield two would dominate the game even if potentially up against three, and Shesternyov is the best defender on the park (and easily one of the best in the draft). I think those three in and around the centre of the park does a lot to limit the effectiveness of Hagi/Shevchenko.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Also voted for Raees but kuddos for Redtiger who has chosen only the player he knows.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Any feedback as to where my team falls short? Anyone who voted against want to explain why..

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
You need to work on your front four, imo, it looks unbalanced, although I'm not overly familiar with 3 of them. Good choice by not going with sharemytactics though, it would've cost you the game :lol: