BeIN Sports - anyone else suffer the misfortune of having to watch this?

padzilla

Hipster
Does anyone else live in the Middle East region and have to watch this tripe. They may as well change the name to Liverpool FC TV. For the United Spurs semi final at the weekend their expert pundits were Jason McAteer and John Arne Riise!

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I remember being offered a subscription for this channel in my country, I refused because the name is fecking cringy.
Looks like I made a correct decision.

NYAS

I do and I enjoy it. You get all the latest sacked managers on and a lot of true legends of football as pundits.

I’m not sure what you’re looking for. Liverpool destroyed their opponent in a Champions League semi-final, they obviously talked about the game in a way positive towards Liverpool.

It definitely beats the shit that UK viewers have to put up with; the likes of Humphreys, Sounness and Michael Owen.

The only thing that UK tv has over it in terms of quality of coverage is Monday Night Football. BT Sport is truly horrific.

padzilla

Hipster
I am not sure how Liverpool hammering Roma last night has anything to do with why McAteer and Riise were covering the United - Spurs game three days before it? McAteer was especially dire offering non-coherent opinions and facing the wrong direction several times and staring at the ground while speaking. They quite often miss their video cues as well and not to mention there have been several occasions when the channel routinely plays previews of games that took place weeks ago. Not to mention a huge BeIn logo appears in the middle of the picture several times throughout the course of the game. A complete cringe fest.

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
Does anyone else live in the Middle East region and have to watch this tripe. They may as well change the name to Liverpool FC TV. For the United Spurs semi final at the weekend their expert pundits were Jason McAteer and John Arne Riise!
Out of interest, which are the channels that this accusation is not leveled at?

I do and I enjoy it. You get all the latest sacked managers on and a lot of true legends of football as pundits.

I’m not sure what you’re looking for. Liverpool destroyed their opponent in a Champions League semi-final, they obviously talked about the game in a way positive towards Liverpool.

It definitely beats the shit that UK viewers have to put up with; the likes of Humphreys, Sounness and Michael Owen.

The only thing that UK tv has over it in terms of quality of coverage is Monday Night Football. BT Sport is truly horrific.
Personally I really enjoy Peter Drury's commentary. Reacts to good moments and makes them thrilling. Certainly prefer him to Martin Tyler who sounds bored half the time.

baskinginthesun

I am not sure how Liverpool hammering Roma last night has anything to do with why McAteer and Riise were covering the United - Spurs game three days before it? McAteer was especially dire offering non-coherent opinions and facing the wrong direction several times and staring at the ground while speaking. They quite often miss their video cues as well and not to mention there have been several occasions when the channel routinely plays previews of games that took place weeks ago. Not to mention a huge BeIn logo appears in the middle of the picture several times throughout the course of the game. A complete cringe fest.
I basically imagined Mcateer with the back of his to the camera giving expert opinions. It’s sounds like a comedy show.

padzilla

Hipster
It is a shambles, there are several occasions where the camera pans out to show the size of the studio, to the extent that you cannot actually make out the features of the presenters. I think budget is clearly an issue - with the exception of Ruud Gullit all the pundits seem to be spouting the same cliched nonsense all the time and singing off the same hymn sheet.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
McAteer was interviewed on TalkSport a few years ago was askeda by the presenter if he'd seen United's most recent game and he said "if man utd were playing in my garden I'd close my curtains"

So yes, this man should definitely be commenting on our matches...

DonFerguson

I'm not sure what happened. They used to have really decent panels a few years back. Gary Lineker. Glenn Hoddle. Terry Venables. Graeme Souness.

As soon as they brought in Keys and Gray, it all went downhill. Incidently, the moderator for the European matches (the redhead sitting besides McAteer last night) is Godawful.

What's with the enormous logo on the screen? As others have pointed out, it's a nuisance. Is there anyway to get rid of that?

arthurka

Really? That United Spurs coverage was something else with McAteer and Riise..
I fully get RAWK pundits for the Pool CL..

Canagel

I did see the game on Saturday and I couldn't believe those two were on the punditry. The anger on their faces after the game was a joy to see. There are Liverpool pundits everywhere nowadays but The commentary on Bein is quite good actually.

el3mel

At least this happens only occasionally for some, but here in Arab world they have all the rghts for all big competitions and we are forced to watch them and their terrible Arabic commentators (well, most of them) all the time.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
At least this happens only occasionally for some, but here in Arab world they have all the rghts for all big competitions and we are forced to watch them and their terrible Arabic commentators (well, most of them) all the time.
Do you get the logo bouncing around the screen there too? :p

el3mel

Do you get the logo bouncing around the screen there too? :p
During the match or punditry ? Because I don't watch punditry anymore, I'm too old for this shite. :D But during the match nothing happens as far as I'm concerned.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
During the match or punditry ? Because I don't watch punditry anymore, I'm too old for this shite. :D But during the match nothing happens as far as I'm concerned.
During the match! They send a big bein sports logo floating around the pitch every 5 minutes or so.

Minimalist

How can it possibly be any worse than Sky or BT? Every channel is fecking unbearable. *mute*

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
There are Liverpool pundits everywhere nowadays
Dunno about 'nowadays' - if you look closely at the text of Bayeux Tapestry, there's ex-Liverpool players' commentary.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I regularly watch on BeIn when abroad for work - its no worse than some of the jokers who pass for pundits on Sky, BT etc

and I actually like see Keys&Gray back on PL footy - gives it a nostalgic feel

padzilla

Hipster
The logo floating on the screen is there to stop other TV channels in the Middle East just streaming the BeIN Sports shows on their own channels. Apparently it is like a watermark. Last year it was a bizarre code of numbers that would crop up in the middle of the screen.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Tbf Riise needs the money. I should also add that not even his home city likes him.

spacetoonlover

I live in the middle east and have bein sports. Most of the time there are arabic commentators. Belive me no matter how bad is the English commentary it's like a gold compared to the Arabic ones.
In the Arabic commentators you will have some who don't know how to pronounce players' names. Some who keep talking for the whole game without one second of silence as if you're listening to them on the radio not on TV. Then there are the Barcelona/real Madrid parties which are the worst commentators of them all because all they do is just talking about real Madrid or barca even if the match is in the Qatari league!
So be grateful for what you got :)

Now about the logo, there are 2 things :
1 - the bein bouncing logo: that's get sent from the source (the broadcasting unit itself) and appears every few minutes and acts as a watermark so any other medium can't record or broadcast the game.
2 - the random code : which appears as black characters and sometimes as white characters on black background. Those are unique numbers generated by each receiver so they appear on one screen only. ( client side). The unique number is used to identify the subscribers who share their broadcast with others illegally.. Like streaming them online. That way the channel moderators can identify which user is responsible for the streaming and sue them.
I've been watching bein for years and it really annoys me those stupid things appearing on screen but unfortunately in the middle east it's a monopoly for them so I got no other option

el3mel

@whatwha Just noticed the logo you were talking about. How the hell I have never noticed it before. :lol: Maybe I was too concentrating on the match.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
I don't know if you get the same programs as I do here, but it's great for La Liga, Serie A, Ligue 1, Bundesliga, and even Turkish Super Lig coverage.