Bendito Mantato

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Holy crap Stewart Gardner is a fecking irritating commentator. Why does he need to say ‘Mantato Mantato’ 300 times everytime the kid touches the ball?!! :mad:
I know, right!! Why cant he say Bendito, Bendito more often? It would sound much better when Mantato scores: Beeeeendiiiiittoooooooooo!!

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Early days but looks a big talent. He has the close control, dribbling ability, pace and quick directional shifts that make him a hot prospect imo. It'll be interesting to see how he matures physically in the coming seasons because adding a goal threat to his repertoire will further enhance his credentials. So I hope to see him add ball striking ability to his game because that seems to be something that is quite important for the wide/inside forward in the game today.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Very impressive. Maybe Lacey has a fight on his hands for that right wing slot!

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Partly due to Lacey’s injury Mantato might have actually gone ”past him” as he’s physically more ready for the U21 games. A luxury problem though, and I’m sure the coaches are able to find ways to play them together too.

Ekeke

Lovely dribble for the first, 2 more goals where he's in a good position and reacts quickly to finish off the chances then a nice run in behind the defence and just about turns the ball past the keeper for the 4th

IrishMcD

Any update on his contract situation? Isn’t he rumoured to be leaving this summer? Or did I dream that?

Bertie Wooster

Any update on his contract situation? Isn’t he rumoured to be leaving this summer? Or did I dream that?
Yeah, I asked about that on the matchday thread.

There was definitely a link on a thread suggesting we had a fight on our hands to keep him as other top clubs were interested. Hopefully it was BS.

Ekeke

I dont think hes just gone past Lacey, I think he's gone past almost all of the players in the under 18s other than Amass who has already started well for the 21s and Williams who continues to be a great threat - albeit Mantato has done so in fewer games than a lot of those others have played and his form might start to dip once he plays just as much as they have.

And Mantato we know is versatile and if needed could play on the left or through the middle

Gungerz

I'd be very suprised if he left. Among other things, he has a little brother in the academy too so it makes sense to stay from a family perspective as well as a footballing one.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
[
[/QUOTE]
I dont think hes just gone past Lacey, I think he's gone past almost all of the players in the under 18s other than Amass who has already started well for the 21s and Williams who continues to be a great threat - albeit Mantato has done so in fewer games than a lot of those others have played and his form might start to dip once he plays just as much as they have.

And Mantato we know is versatile and if needed could play on the left or through the middle
Maybe an option for left back then?

TwoSheds

It's a bit like if Antony had an extra gear and could pass. He sort of looks a bit slow and awkward when controlling the ball close to his body, but his footwork is superb, and then if you give him a gap to run into he's got great acceleration and decent pace too. Maybe a touch of Yaya? He's a really interesting player.

Red Star One

Looks really talented. So he's left footed and mainly played as the left back in his earlier days, and only now slowly switching to playing on a right wing in the inside forward/inverted winger role?

Ekeke

Looks really talented. So he's left footed and mainly played as the left back in his earlier days, and only now slowly switching to playing on a right wing in the inside forward/inverted winger role?
Not sure about his past mainstay position but all his games at right wing for the u18s he's looked completely at home, a big threat and has 5 goals and 2 assists in 5 matches for the under 18s I believe it is now

TwoSheds

I've a feeling he was only playing left back earlier in the season because we had Lacey and Williams on the wings who are slightly older and terrific prospects in their own right, but from what I could tell he did pretty well. I think he's just quite a composed and versatile player.

Mr. MUJAC

Manchester United Youth Historian
I've a feeling he was only playing left back earlier in the season because we had Lacey and Williams on the wings who are slightly older and terrific prospects in their own right, but from what I could tell he did pretty well. I think he's just quite a composed and versatile player.
He has played regularly at fullback for the junior teams for quite a few years and like many youngsters is versatile enough to play out wide too.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I think Lacey should be developed in a central attacking role. The way the game is going now, a lot of coaches are looking for their wide attackers to exploit the space in transition and hence having the pace and explosiveness seems to be a key requirement for wide attackers to exploit space in wide areas. Lacey is technically a very good player who I feel could really develop well in a central attacking role going forward due to the craft and guile he has on the ball.

TwoSheds

He has played regularly at fullback for the junior teams for quite a few years and like many youngsters is versatile enough to play out wide too.
Fair enough, thank you for clarifying.

Demaw

I think Lacey should be developed in a central attacking role. The way the game is going now, a lot of coaches are looking for their wide attackers to exploit the space in transition and hence having the pace and explosiveness seems to be a key requirement for wide attackers to exploit space in wide areas. Lacey is technically a very good player who I feel could really develop well in a central attacking role going forward due to the craft and guile he has on the ball.
My only worry is Lacey is very Amad in speed and play. A wand of a left foot and skilful but small and lacking of speed.

Bondi77

My only worry is Lacey is very Amad in speed and play. A wand of a left foot and skilful but small and lacking of speed.
Amad is not slow, he is not explosive but he is easily quick enough to play in any attacking position.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Does he look more talented than Amad did in youth football? Amad looked unbelievable technically, a sure thing to make it big. Mantato looks like he could develop into a more physical player? Obviously this is years in the future if at all. It’s always nice to have England NT youth players developing here.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Does he look more talented than Amad did in youth football? Amad looked unbelievable technically, a sure thing to make it big. Mantato looks like he could develop into a more physical player? Obviously this is years in the future if at all. It’s always nice to have England NT youth players developing here.
Amad was more of a playmaker type of winger and from what I've seen of Mantato, he's more of the two way type of winger who combines good close control with a impressive turn of pace for his age.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It's why I'm hoping we develop him as a central attacking midfielder. And I'm hoping with time he will mature physically to be able to have the stamina out of possession (engine) to match his quality on the ball.

Demaw

As many have mentioned, Lacey goes easily out of games and can be physically knocked off so easily. I'm a huge fan of Amad and really sad he didn't get a run in the first team. That control he has is so impressive. Some club will benefit from him in the future, hopefully us.