Benjamin Mendy charged with eight counts of rape against five women | Released on Bail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Always seems surprising the time scales are always so long for trials.
Over 5months away still?
I know they have to get evidence etc, but they must have loads to have made so many charges!?

phelans shorts

Over 5months away still?
I know they have to get evidence etc, but they must have loads to have made so many charges!?
Everyone is given plenty of time to get their affairs in order as part of a fair trial, add in that courts are totally swamped due to covid lockdowns meaning trials weren’t heard and it’s to be expected.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Over 5months away still?
Tribunals aren't exactly empty, they need to have a time slot for him.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
The trial is going to be interesting that is for sure. Can't even imagine how he can have ended up with so many charges in his current situation. Certainly eating porridge over Christmas and for however many months he was inside, will have given him plenty of thinking time...

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Are these high profile trials streamed? Or is it at the discretion of the judge like it is in the US?

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Forgive me if this has already been asked but is there a reason why we're allowed to talk about this case and not about our own player who shall not be named? Is it due to one's been charged and one hasn't?
It's a bit weird as it's not the first time something like this happens but only now I'm told people aren't free to discuss this type of events.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
It's a bit weird as it's not the first time something like this happens but only now I'm told people aren't free to discuss this type of events.
Think we're allowed to discuss Mendy because he's been named and charged, if they've not been charged then RedCafe can get in trouble.

gormless

Over 5months away still?
I charged someone in May 2021 for numerous child sexual offences with multiple victims. Trial still isn’t for another 7 months. No further evidence was required. Court system is on its arse.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I charged someone in May 2021 for numerous child sexual offences with multiple victims. Trial still isn’t for another 7 months. No further evidence was required. Court system is on its arse.
Wowzers, that's a shocker. You'd think there'd be some sort of fast track system wouldn't you?
I don't know much about how it works, but I assume he'll be held on remand or something for those 7 months? If found guilty that would count as part of his sentence?

But what happens IF he wasn't found guilty?

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Think we're allowed to discuss Mendy because he's been named and charged, if they've not been charged then RedCafe can get in trouble.
Ok, then it's going to be a while but I'll assume the same will happen eventually with Greenwood.

With Mendy I haven't been keeping track on how many charges he's facing now. What a psycho :houllier:

gormless

Wowzers, that's a shocker. You'd think there'd be some sort of fast track system wouldn't you?
I don't know much about how it works, but I assume he'll be held on remand or something for those 7 months? If found guilty that would count as part of his sentence?

But what happens IF he wasn't found guilty?
Nah my guy is happily wandering the streets. Actually saw him in Tesco the other night :lol: It’s really quite difficult to get a remand past the magistrates.

the time it takes to trial is annoying because it’s just awful for the victims.Living in limbo for months. It’s made worse for me as I’ve spent last 4 years of my life in a child sex offences unit and it’s very unfair on the kid.

and it’s mad you can spend months on remand, be found innocent and there is no compensation or anything. It’s why it’s so hard to get, and rightly so I suppose when you consider you can lose months of your life for something you’re later found innocent for.

Ludens the Red

Investigation is ongoing so any discourse/commentary could affect that, and get the forum into hot water.
nah they wouldn’t. It’s not the views or publication of redcafe if someone was to post shit on here that would be in “contempt of court”. It would be the person who posted it. Considering 99% of people on here don’t use real names or supply any identification. It would go fecking nowhere anyway.
People who have gotten into trouble with courts have done so by posting from their personal social media accounts and been identified and as far as I’m aware, the social media companies never had any fallback.
This is how I’ve perceived the law regarding all this, if someone tells me I’m wrong I’d be happy to hear.

Siezard

Court case usually takes years to be resolved. Just imagine if there is a re-trial.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
nah they wouldn’t. It’s not the views or publication of redcafe if someone was to post shit on here that would be in “contempt of court”. It would be the person who posted it. Considering 99% of people on here don’t use real names or supply any identification. It would go fecking nowhere anyway.
People who have gotten into trouble with courts have done so by posting from their personal social media accounts and been identified and as far as I’m aware, the social media companies never had any fallback.
This is how I’ve perceived the law regarding all this, if someone tells me I’m wrong I’d be happy to hear.
I think it's moreso the forum getting into hot water if such a discussion is ongoing on it.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Yeah, good luck wi that Ben. :rolleyes:
According to one of the ITKs on Bluemoon then evidence against him is quite weak, doesn’t mean the allegations aren’t true but from a legal standpoint he could be found not guilty.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If he's found not guilty, what should City do?
Same applies to us with Greenwood(ours imo is even more controversial as there are recordings).

Lecland07

If he is not guilty, they should treat him like any other player.

He would probably want to move countries, though, so a move would be dead certain, in my opinion.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
If he is not guilty, they should treat him like any other player.

He would probably want to move countries, though, so a move would be dead certain, in my opinion.
Continue playing him? Their name will be in the mud.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Same applies to us with Greenwood(ours imo is even more controversial as there are recordings).
No way could either continue playing for the clubs in the PL. fans wouldn’t let them forget and sponsors be against it. Nope, both careers in Manchester are finished

Thunderhead

Supports
City
send him packing, 6 women and 9 charges, only way he's found not guilt if there is some sort of technicality, the bloke will hopefully be going to jail for a long time

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
It actually is to our benefit that he is completely out of his depth as a premier league footballer anyway. I would have been seriously worried that he would have been implemented back into the squad if not. I was not happy at all that he continued to get time on the pitch after the club had been made aware of the allegations.

Of course, if he actually is innocent this is a whole other discussion, but the more I have followed the case there is just no way that some of it, if not all of the allegations isn't true.

RonaldoVII

Another 2 months before he goes to trial. The Greenwood situation could drag on for another year yet given he's not actually been charged.

Status
Not open for further replies.