Benjamin Sesko | Despite Raees best efforts he’s joining Liepzig. Damn you Raees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan_F

Is it not the case that he will cost north of €50m?
No chance. They just sold Adeyemi for £27 million, which is a far more realistic fee. They can ask for that of course, but no one will pay it. If he continues to improve this season then it’s close to a likely fee within the next 18 months or so, but right now you’d have to be desperate or a bottomless pit of money to spend that on him.

tidraKS

He looks quite good actually, fast, strong, he could improve his finishing, but even at 19 years old, looks like a pro player, unlike some of our 19 year olds.

aeh1991

Love this link. He is very talented and has the potential to become one of the best CFs in just a few years, so we can slowly integrate him as a backup to Martial and give him playing time in the cups or as a sub. We would be clever to snap him up before he has another top season and another big club gets him. Our youth CFs are nowhere near him, so he wouldn't take away playing time from them.

jb8521

I’m sorry if you’ve shared your opinion on this before, but how would you compare Sesko to the striking talents we currently have at the academy - McNeil, Hugill and Garnacho?

Would Sesko be able to immediately come in and start matches on the bench for United and make meaningful contributions.

Asking because it appears none of those 3 academy players seem to be on Ten Hag’s radar to play for the 1st team (for this season at least).
I think he's well ahead of them both physically & in terms of experience, he played a season & a half for Salzburg's 2nd team Liefering against senior players & a full season in Salzburg's first team & has around 10 senior caps for Slovenia. I think he'd be a good option off the bench because he offers pace, aerial ability & good movement & finishing so is a bit of a different profile to what we have already. I think he's still raw but has huge potential both in football terms & physical ability if developed properly.

Kramer

I think he's well ahead of them both physically & in terms of experience, he played a season & a half for Salzburg's 2nd team Liefering against senior players & a full season in Salzburg's first team & has around 10 senior caps for Slovenia. I think he'd be a good option off the bench because he offers pace, aerial ability & good movement & finishing so is a bit of a different profile to what we have already. I think he's still raw but has huge potential both in football terms & physical ability if developed properly.
Got it - thanks for sharing.

Let’s hope something materialises. We’re very short of options upfront, especially with the uncertainty surrounding Ronaldo.

Personally was thinking if we don’t manage to bring in a striker, McNeil could have a shot at breaking through when our forwards inevitably pick up injuries. Hope he can step up the way Rashford did when he got his lucky break.

Kramer

Is Sekso ready to start every game at a club like United? No
Can he start some matches if needed? Yes.

He had 36 matches last year against grown men, 6 were in the CL, 2 in the CL qualification.
He scored 10 and assisted 7.

Will he need time? Yes
Will he miss chances? Yes
Does he have the potential to succeed? Yes

United need such signings, we can not sign every player for 50 mill., we need some gamble on good talent.
Thanks for sharing - looks an exciting prospect for sure.

Remember the geese

Got it - thanks for sharing.

Let’s hope something materialises. We’re very short of options upfront, especially with the uncertainty surrounding Ronaldo.

Personally was thinking if we don’t manage to bring in a striker, McNeil could have a shot at breaking through when our forwards inevitably pick up injuries. Hope he can step up the way Rashford did when he got his lucky break.
No chance in my opinion.

croadyman

Can only see us interested if

A Ronaldo does actually leave
B they don't ask stupid money like €55m

Bojan Djordjic

Find it hard to get excited about this even though he seems like an excellent prospect. Doesn't really feel like there's a huge amount of substance to these rumours. With United's recent history of developing players, you couldn't really be too hopeful that he would meet his potential with us were he to move this early in his career.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I don't know he can't be responsible for the 800 RB's alone can he?
Yeah he has left so not really relevant anymore. What do you mean responsible for the 800 RBs? He is overseeing the scouting system, so yes that falls on him and his practices.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
This is the kind of player we should buy currently. Young talented and not too expensive yet

dedek_mraz

Maybe a straight swap for Ronaldo? Salzburg is in the CL after all :wenger:

Seriously though, I'm afraid that at this point there is no concrete developments and we're just keeping tabs on the guy. The consensus in the Slovenian national media seems to be that we've indeed bid 1.6 mil € in 2019 but it was refused and he moved to Salzburg later for a fee around 3 mil €.

I could see this transfer happening if we had not cut ties with Rangnick, but now I'm not so sure ... it looks like Salzburg intends to keep him for this season at least.

Resch

:lol: We should pretend to be Bayern so they can open their cheeks.
Has Salzburg ever sold to Bayern? Ralf fu*#ed Salzburg and bought all the talent for 12 mill. for Leipzig, but Salzburg has no great ties with Bayern (Beckenbauer consulted RB in the early years, his connections were used to bring in some old players (Zickler, Kovac,...) but after Ralf joined RB football, I do not think Salzburg has to many connections to Bayern.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Has Salzburg ever sold to Bayern? Ralf fu*#ed Salzburg and bought all the talent for 12 mill. for Leipzig, but Salzburg has no great ties with Bayern (Beckenbauer consulted RB in the early years, his connections were used to bring in some old players (Zickler, Kovac,...) but after Ralf joined RB football, I do not think Salzburg has to many connections to Bayern.
No, not once. Poster probably confuses Leipzig and Salzburg.

Resch

Everyone interested, should watch Salzburg vs. Liverpool today. Should be a good option to see Sesko against a top PL team. (Stream)
It would be no surprise, if he does not start. Salzburg has its 2nd Bundesliga match against Sturm Graz this weekend. It should be the the top match of the Austrian Bundesliga, I expect that many starters will play about 30 minutes.

red thru&thru

Everyone interested, should watch Salzburg vs. Liverpool today. Should be a good option to see Sesko against a top PL team. (Stream)
It would be no surprise, if he does not start. Salzburg has its 2nd Bundesliga match against Sturm Graz this weekend. It should be the the top match of the Austrian Bundesliga, I expect that many starters will play about 30 minutes.
Thanks for the heads up. Appreciated

Crickus

I think we should be in for him. He can sit behind Ronaldo and Martial whilst playing Europe League and League Cup games. If and when Ronaldo and Martial get injuryed or lose form. Sesko can be given a chance. I think he is the next big thing in striking department and the the time is right for us to take a punt on him

Jama18418

He’s playing against Liverpool now and he’s played well. Strong and good technically, causing loads of problems! For a decent fee he would be brilliant for us!

saik

Quick sign him up before Klopp decides to sign him because he played well against Liverpool.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
He's been brilliant.

Causing (admittedly weakened) Liverpool lots of problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.