Benjamin Sesko | Despite Raees best efforts he’s joining Liepzig. Damn you Raees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Well, if we can't attract prime Kirk or Picard - sure.

(Yeah - but I'm not going through 25 pages to see it someone's made the joke already.)

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
We need a backup to Martial with Ronaldo leaving. No matter who we get, loaning them back out is absolutely not an option.
Well then we should buy him immediately and not wait until someone else grabs him.
Our team takes too long many times.

Chief123

It's crazy how people are saying we should spend more than what Haaland and Adeyemi went for.
It’s crazy that people keep bringing up Haaland fee when it’s an abnormal case. It was a release clause. Dortmund couldn’t do nothing about it. Dortmund probably didn’t expect him to become as good as he did within 2 years hence accepted the clause.

Last edited:

Barthez

I wish we would just throw £40m and get this wrapped up ASAP or someone else will.

Chief123

People complaining that the club is reluctant to spend big on Sesko yet if they are honest they had no idea who he was until the other day.

Classic Caf :lol:
What are you on about?

This kid is the real deal. I’ve been following him since yesterday. He’s got everything. I’m on the 3rd video now.

Chief123

If Salzburg want £55m, Utd would still be able to come close to that figure with a structured deal which includes add-ons which are realistically achievable.

Something like £30m and then £20m in add ons which are based on completing a certain number of appearances or getting a certain number of goals. It de-risks the transfer to some extent for Utd and Salzburg still get good money for him if he succeeds as expected.

Similar to how we did deals for Amad (£40m including add ons) and even Martial which we never paid £50m up front. It was paid over a number of years up until a payment just in recent years being made.

Chief123

Buy him and loan him back.
A win-win scenario.
That wouldn’t be a scenario Utd would be likely to agree with. We are in danger of being without a striker for a large part of the season if martial gets injured. That’s potentially the difference between getting top 4 and not. Imagine if the window closed and martial picks up a multi month injury. That could be devastating for the season before it’s even started.

jamesjimmybyrondean

It’s crazy that people keep bringing up Haaland fee when it’s an abnormal case. It was a release clause. Dortmund could do nothing about it. Dortmund probably didn’t expect him to become as good as he did within 2 years hence accepted the clause.
I'm talking about Haaland getting sold to Dortmund. That was a release clause too but the point still stands. It's ridiculous I'm seeing posts saying we should spend 30m + for him. Adeyemi, Daka, Szobalasai, Haaland, Keita, Alvarez all went for less and they had more traction than this guy.

Chief123

I'm talking about Haaland getting sold to Dortmund. That was a release clause too but the point still stands. It's ridiculous I'm seeing posts saying we should spend 30m + for him. Adeyemi, Daka, Szobalasai, Haaland, Keita, Alvarez all went for less and they had more traction than this guy.
It comes down to what value a club places on a player. How desperate a club is. Ultimately we can say no to anything above 30m and then lose out next summer when his value increases and other clubs become interested. It comes down to the risk-reward appetite for a club. Right now our risk-reward of not getting a forward in of either proven quality or of very promising potential is very high risk right now. A proven forward is going to cost a lot more than a potential talent will.

OmarUnited4ever

The barrier to this being a no-brainer is 55m BP. If RBS were willing to settle for 45m would you be on board?
Sesko is not worth £45M.

He shouldn't be worth more than £25M all inclusive, at a stretch £30M maybe which would make him the most expensive fee Salzburg ever receive.

Despite his potential he is still an unproven 19yo talent, hence why I think £25M is fair fee that can be considered as a punt these days, £45M is what gets you someone who is far more established than Sesko

Chief123

Sesko is not worth £45M.

He shouldn't be worth more than £25M all inclusive, at a stretch £30M maybe which would make him the most expensive fee Salzburg ever receive.

Despite his potential he is still an unproven 19yo talent, hence why I think £25M is fair fee that can be considered as a punt these days, £45M is what gets you someone who is far more established than Sesko
Utd: Here’s £25m
Salzburg: No thanks
Utd: ok

lex talionis

Sesko is not worth £45M.

Then we should start looking elsewhere as there's no chance United will get Sesko for 25m.

Chief123

Then we should start looking elsewhere as there's no chance United will get Sesko for 25m.
You can’t even sign a decent full back for 25m, but some think we’ll get very promising young strikers for that price in a market completely dry for that position.

Strootman's Finger

You can’t even sign a decent full back for 25m, but some think we’ll get very promising young strikers for that price in a market completely dry for that position.
I do agree with you in a general sense, but Adeyemi was just sold for 30 mil euros. But buying a top quality striker is hard, they're rare, they're in demand and they're expensive. But Sesko shouldn't be 55 mil pounds, and if anyone but United was enquiring, that wouldn't be the price. We were being quoted over 60 mil pounds for Phillips, City signed him for 42 mil. We get raked over the coals because our club has become a joke. I think 35 mil pounds is a lot, but that would be going above and beyond to get this done and would be fair. But that's just my opinion, I don't set the market, RBS does, so Fred the Red, pack your bags!

jamesjimmybyrondean

It comes down to what value a club places on a player. How desperate a club is. Ultimately we can say no to anything above 30m and then lose out next summer when his value increases and other clubs become interested. It comes down to the risk-reward appetite for a club. Right now our risk-reward of not getting a forward in of either proven quality or of very promising potential is very high risk right now. A proven forward is going to cost a lot more than a potential talent will.
He's not the only talent in the world and there's absolutely no certainty he's going to fulfill his potential. City got Julian Alvarez for 14m and he was more rated than this guy who people only found out about 5 days ago. I'm not against this transfer but 30m + is not the price you pay for a player after one season in a league like the Austrian bundesliga, and scoring 10 goals

Last edited:

OmarUnited4ever

We just got Malacia for under £15M.

As for strikers, Adeyemi, who did very well for Salzburg went for less than £30M, Daka also went to Leicester for less than £30M, why would someone who is unproven as Sesko be worth £55M?

lex talionis

Indeed. The amounts in play in today's market for footballers are truly staggering. Promising strikers command a premium. And then there's the customary United tax. Very unlikely we'll get a steal if we want Sesko.

OmarUnited4ever

He's not the only talent in the world and there's absolutely no certainty he's going to fulfill his potential. City got Julian Alvarez for 14m and he was more rated than this guy who people only found out about 5 days ago. I'm not against this transfer but 30m + is not the price you pay for a player after one season in a league like the Austrian bundesliga, and scoring 10 goals
I agree with you especially the bolded part, I get that the boy has huge potential, but come, I don't know why people think it's normal for the club to spend more £30M or more on a player who is only 19yo, still raw, and just played some games in Austrian League.

OleGunnar20

Crazy prices being touted. No way is he worth anything over 30m, and that feels generous given what Adeyemi, Alvarez etc went for.

I'm sure there are promising young strikers we can get for half that price. Time to earn your keep Scouts.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
No one had heard of him last week, now he's a 'must sign' for £40m+, really?

TMS

I think if Salzburg we’re further along in their conveyor belt of young talent they wouldn’t be putting such an inflated price tag on him, but it’s the same reason Ajax are asking for €100m for Antony. They have no need to sell and don’t have a replacement lined up relatively late in the window. If this were a year or two down the line they’d likely price him more reasonably.

Saying that they could be tempted by a Martial style deal with a decent fee upfront and plenty of chunky escalators that would bump it up to their inflated asking price should he realise his potential. Everyone wins then. They get a decent fee and potentially see it inflated over time. We get a player for a reasonable price and no one complains if he hits the escalators as he’s banging in goals for fun and is still a bargain.

swissgenius

Exactly!
Some on here think he's suddenly the next Haaland because some Youtube guy over-analyzed a meaningless friendly...

He's a gamble for the future, like we did with Amad or Pellistri. Would be fun to see him develop under ETH in our squad but hell no to throwing 40-60M on the streets for him!

red thru&thru

Salzburg signed another young striker today. Surely that is for the replacement of Šeško? Or is it for Adeyemi?

Lukinho

Salzburg signed another young striker today. Surely that is for the replacement of Šeško? Or is it for Adeyemi?
Probably he is not a replacement and is going to play for Liefering the first 1-2 years. They always plan ahead so they can get used to the country and their system. Then they promote them after they sell their first team players. It was the same with Adeyemi for example. They have Adamu, Simic, Okafor and Koita for the striker role at the moment.

Zippycup

That wouldn’t be a scenario Utd would be likely to agree with. We are in danger of being without a striker for a large part of the season if martial gets injured. That’s potentially the difference between getting top 4 and not. Imagine if the window closed and martial picks up a multi month injury. That could be devastating for the season before it’s even started.
I agree
However there's no way RB sell Sisko now. Not this late in the window.
My thoughts are United were after him but were willing to wait. His stock has since risen with many clubs after him.

A buy now get rewarded later type deal

Zippycup

Agree - before someone else pays the money and gets him.
Exactly this.
Slovenia haven't qualified for the world cup so the board probably thought they had a season to prepare a bid.
However, his stock has risen considerably over the last few months

red thru&thru

Probably he is not a replacement and is going to play for Liefering the first 1-2 years. They always plan ahead so they can get used to the country and their system. Then they promote them after they sell their first team players. It was the same with Adeyemi for example. They have Adamu, Simic, Okafor and Koita for the striker role at the moment.
Thanks for confirming. Even without the new lad and Šeško, they have plenty of strikers.

Nick7

you can play adeyemi off the right as in inside forward and he’ll score a bucket load. Sesko becomes a really classy, unstoppable target man/link up player. Think a younger Harry Kane. I really hope we sign him in real life.
Yeah that’s where I’ve been playing Adeyemi. Was hoping he’d do well up top because Ronaldo asked to leave (what a shock) but he’s been a bit of a let down in the centre. Will go back for Sesko in the summer.

Matt851

I think if Salzburg we’re further along in their conveyor belt of young talent they wouldn’t be putting such an inflated price tag on him, but it’s the same reason Ajax are asking for €100m for Antony. They have no need to sell and don’t have a replacement lined up relatively late in the window. If this were a year or two down the line they’d likely price him more reasonably.

Saying that they could be tempted by a Martial style deal with a decent fee upfront and plenty of chunky escalators that would bump it up to their inflated asking price should he realise his potential. Everyone wins then. They get a decent fee and potentially see it inflated over time. We get a player for a reasonable price and no one complains if he hits the escalators as he’s banging in goals for fun and is still a bargain.
Exactly this

Status
Not open for further replies.