Berbatov

Stemmy

Movement, passing, creativity... Other than a goal, what the feck did he not offer, you Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime? Sure he gave it away as all did today at times. But he made a couple of brilliant runs to set up chances and was clever every bit as often or more often than he was ill-concieved. The large portion of play in their half went through him so to say 'he contributed nothing to the attack' is a bit of fecking lunacy. I didn't say he was brilliant as you claim, just good. Frustrating as hell at times but far from useless. And he was far and away the most influential player on the attack. Rooney has no 'status' with me. Our players are a bit confused at the moment in trying to figure out where each will be in a given situation. That comes with reps. And the progression will be rapid with more matches. So don't count me along with the fanboys on this forum. I merely tell it like I see it. We're a club off form showing progression in each match while dealing with injuries and bedding in a new striker. If you don't want to be counting among to taboo, don't make such outlandish statements.
Utter tripe.

Yes he was as good as usual with the movement....passing and creativity?man he gave the ball away far more than anyone on the pitch today, when he tried to be creative it gave the ball right back to Chelsea at the very least 90% of the time.

Face it, as much as i like rooney as a player he was utterly rubbish today and IMO worse than Berbatov was even though Berbatov is only in his second game and still has to gell with the team.

And yes it is fecking taboo if you can somehow justify that performance by Rooney as being anywhere even close to good

RK

2 games 2 assists. Not 2 bad. 2gether with Rooney or Tevez they could 2ne in2 each other 2 develop a good partnership, just hope it doesn't take 2 long. After playing 2day, I doubt he will play on 2sday.

JCurr

Utter tripe.

Yes he was as good as usual with the movement....passing and creativity?man he gave the ball away far more than anyone on the pitch today, when he tried to be creative it gave the ball right back to Chelsea at the very least 90% of the time.

Face it, as much as i like rooney as a player he was utterly rubbish today and IMO worse than Berbatov was even though Berbatov is only in his second game and still has to gell with the team.

And yes it is fecking taboo if you can somehow justify that performance by Rooney as being anywhere even close to good
So Rooney gave it away 90% of the time and Berbatov was better... muppet...

Stemmy

So Rooney gave it away 90% of the time and Berbatov was better... muppet...
Berbatov, being the new player to the team...being unfit and having to gell was our main contribution to the goal as well as our last goal against the scousers.

Now tell me, what did Rooney do?apart from give the ball away allmost every time he got the ball

Now, tell me who is the muppet?

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
You come to United to improve and become a better player, not be exactly the player you were at your previous club. If Berbatov remains that lazy on and off the ball, he simply won't make the grade here
Berbatov wasn't lazy in the first half. Obviously he didn't charge around after everything that moves like Rooney and Tevez do, but he was and never will be like that. We don't want him to, we all knew we needed another striker because too often those two would end up too far back. All we want from Berbatov is for him to do his fair share of closing down and tracking back, and he did do that in the first half.

He may as well have not been on the field in the second half, but I'm going to take an educated guess that it may have been his lack of match-fitness there.

You can see the odd touch of brilliance with him. For the goal he recieved that first pass from Evra, and with his first touch on the outside of his foot he just slid it through to the player on the inside (Park, Rooney, Fletch, I'm not sure). That was brilliant, and what we bought him for. As he gets match-fit and learns new combinations with our players you can expect a lot more of that.

eddafed

ahhhhh 'scuse me fer being rude, but feck tha lot of ya , yer all feckin gobshites , yeah fecking feck fcukiity fecking gobshites

eddafed

yeah feck you too, where is yer as where is yer elbow??? , thats righ , you dont have a fecking clue., ahh feck ye al

JCurr

Berbatov, being the new player to the team...being unfit and having to gell was our main contribution to the goal as well as our last goal against the scousers.

Now tell me, what did Rooney do?apart from give the ball away allmost every time he got the ball

Now, tell me who is the muppet?
Think Berbs could do a job at right mid? A right fecking tactician you are.

djemba's arse

Two games in and unsurprisingly, Berbatov is the same player we saw at spurs; plenty of skill, but not really the hardest working player the world has ever seen. More importantly: he is no target man.

RK

Berbatov was Man of the Match today.

According the the Fantasy Premier League bonus points (on the official PL site).

"Player performance is assessed by Press Association analysts, all of whom are ex-professional footballers, who attend each match. This assessment takes into account the quality of a player's overall performance and their contribution to the match result."

If you don't know, they award 1, 2 and 3 bonus points to players, Berbatov receiving 3 today.

They also gave Neville 2 points :confused:

DC1878

Berbatov was Man of the Match today.

According the the Fantasy Premier League bonus points (on the official PL site).

"Player performance is assessed by Press Association analysts, all of whom are ex-professional footballers, who attend each match. This assessment takes into account the quality of a player's overall performance and their contribution to the match result."

If you don't know, they award 1, 2 and 3 bonus points to players, Berbatov receiving 3 today.
Yeah :cool:

I got 7 points today, should have made him captain.

Stemmy

Think Berbs could do a job at right mid? A right fecking tactician you are.

So Rooney is now a midfielder for us?

No Berbatov couldn't do a job at right mid...neither could fecking rooney as he has been awful every time he has been put there.Berbatov is striker not a fecking midfielder, maybe something Rooney needs reminding of ay?

You are a clueless twat that thinks even Rooney stepping onto the pitch is enough to warrent him an 8 out of 10.

So why don't you give Berbatov a little more than 2 games before you condemn him eh? is that too much....it seems it bloody is.

JCurr

So Rooney is now a midfielder for us?

No Berbatov couldn't do a job at right mid...neither could fecking rooney as he has been awful every time he has been put there.Berbatov is striker not a fecking midfielder, maybe something Rooney needs reminding of ay?
No he doesn't, you ignorant feck. You obviously need to be reminded of how to read, how to debate or both. You alluded to the Liverpool match and Rooney's lack of contribution in which he was asked to play as an out and out right mid. You're obviously too insolent to even address what you say, never mind what someone else says in rebuttal. feckwit.

You are a clueless twat that thinks even Rooney stepping onto the pitch is enough to warrent him an 8 out of 10.

So why don't you give Berbatov a little more than 2 games before you condemn him eh? is that too much....it seems it bloody is.
Again, you're painting a ridiculous picture of yourself here. I've not condemned Berbatov once. I'd suggest you stick to Fifa 08 or FM as you seem incapable of computing something so difficult as real, tactical football. Now, feck off as I'm done with you and your childish shenanigans.

lao

Come on now kids, post your opinions without resorting to pie throwing. It will make you look more clever and sensible, whether you're american or not.

Crustanoid

More striking options = greater propensity for muppet fighting over who should play

Should have guessed, this is Hargreaves vs Carrick all over again

Alex

More striking options = greater propensity for muppet fighting over who should play

Should have guessed, this is Hargreaves vs Carrick all over again
This is true, surprised people arent complaining saying Manucho should have started, I mean he obviously would have netted 5 times today

Kaos

wow, some real spastics in this thread.

Cant say im surprised though, a signing who hasnt scored in 2 games is clearly a flop by Caf standards.

AlwaysRedwood

So, this strted out as an ironic thread (I think?) and then turned into a Berbatov bashing thread. I can't believe some of you people on here.. ffs.
To be fair, there are those of us who never wanted him, so we're attempting to back up our assertions.

And regardless of how he performs, his sulking, or appearing lazy, whatever the feck it is, drives me fecking crazy.

redpie

wow, some real spastics in this thread.

Cant say im surprised though, a signing who hasnt scored in 2 games is clearly a flop by Caf standards.
I don't think not scoring is the issue. He just doesn't look like a new signing. I know it isn't his game to chase things and we didn't buy him for that but to see him calmly strolling around in a big game while a trojan like Tevez doesn't get a look in is difficult to accept.
I'm sure Berbatov will prove to be a good player for us. Hopefully a key player. It is just in this short term while the team is struggling for form and he presumably is up for it it would have been nice to see a bit more work-rate and appetite from him.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
It's sort of a new trend when a player becomes not good enough after playing two games against top 4 sides, away from home, while not being entirely match fit.

It hasn't happened before.

AlwaysRedwood

It's sort of a new trend when a player becomes not good enough after playing two games against top 4 sides, away from home, while not being entirely match fit.

It hasn't happened before.
Yeah, can't believe that's happening with a player who was already being called the next Cantona before putting on the kit.

giggsyflying

Football is not life. It is more than life.
one thing worries me is the so-callled his elegance. many ppl compare him with cantona. however, what cantona showed is his authority and arrogance (to a certain extent). but i am afraid that many ppl say berba is elegant which makes him showing unconcerned and not willing to chase the ball. in many times, it seemed he should chase the ball but he was standing there. i just hope it is because he has not yet get used to our system
one more thing, similar to the 2nd half of the liverPOOR game, he almost disappeared. to protect our lead, why not sending carlos out to try to recapture the possession and play more smooth and fast counter attack
i start missing querioz already. hope phelan wont be afraid to give saf diffierent opinions

Ferguson

Berbatov had a nice physical battle going on today with Obi Mikel. He started to show some good distribution as a target man as well. We'll all be singing his praises after he gets a few more matches under his belt.

However I thought that having both him and Ronaldo on at the same time when we were trying to desperately defend our lead was a bad idea. Tevez or Anderson would have contributed more defensively at the end of the game.

Ekeke

i agree mate, it has been defiantly overlooked he clearly isnt fully match fit but people brush it aside as if it isnt that much of a deal, but it is, add to that like you said the fact its his second game and hasnt played with them a lot, he is still adjusting learning the other players movements and getting used to new surroundings, there can be no judgments made for at least another 5-10 games, then you will see the real berba, dont judge him after 2 away trips to the bridge and anfield, it naive and stupid.

The problem wasnt upfront today anyway, it was a mistake in goal, and a lack of composure in midfield for the last 3rd of the game
We could have scored a few more today if Rooney and Berbatov's passing hadnt let them down at vital moments in our attacks. It was one of several problems today. And given we rarely had the ball, sloppy touches were the last thing we needed when we came forward.

On the subject of Berbatov's lazyness... Fecking hell, we all knew about that. Or rather, we should all have known about that. Anyone who wanted to sign him and is complaining about him now clearly only 'scouted' him on Match of the day, before posting here 50 times about how he'll be the 'last piece of the puzzle" and will be "Rooney's perfect partner."

That said, I agree with Brad to an extent. We should be looking for him to become a slightly harder working player and less of a fanny, over the next 6 months or so. It wont happen over night, but it could happen. Its happened with Yakubu at Everton, for example.

On the day Berbatov was useless on most occasions. But at least he had a few efforts on goal. Far too often we have players with the oppertunity to hit the ball from just outside the box and they decide to pass, and the move breaks down. Berbatov had a few efforts today, one allowed Cech to create the goal for Park. At least Berbatov was showing the right spirit, when just outside the box.

Alarmingly, I dont think he won more than 2 headers all day. Which says more about his leap than his heading ability, as we all know he can score goals with his head. But is he going to out-jump anyone? Not on yesterday's efforts.

Overall, he is a bit of a 'luxury'. When the team is playing well, he'll put some icing on the cake with some well taken goals that look good. But he doesnt have the same character as some of our match winners, who will snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. Instead he'll still be walking around, wondering whats for tea that night.

But he'll come good when the team comes good. He'll score and set up some goals. Whether it'll be worth the £30 million we paid, considering we already had Rooney and Tevez only time will tell. And two matches is not time enough.