Bernardo Silva | Performances

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Seemed to have an off day today. Not sure how he would fit into our system with Mata and Mkhi already here. I suppose he is basically a younger version of Mkhitaryan when he was at Shakhtar.

cheeky_backheel

Seemed to have an off day today. Not sure how he would fit into our system with Mata and Mkhi already here. I suppose he is basically a younger version of Mkhitaryan when he was at Shakhtar.
He needs space to be effective. Jardim played him in the middle and he couldnt use his pace.His style of play is more suited to the flank.

izec

He was ok, seems to have more issues in games where the defense is packed? Juventus are defensively the best team any team could face, but he didnt have an impact over 2 games. That said, he is still 22 and relatively new to the level of Champions League semi finals football.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I don't think he's much like Mkhitaryan, really. I think we can forgive him for struggling against Juventus of all teams too.

DatGuyRich

He's got more to his game than both Mkhitaryan and Mata. And has a much bigger ceiling than the pair of them.

Mata is our most overrated player by a country mile. If he wasn't such a nice guy who writes weekly blogs he would be criticised regularly, I watch him and the whole game just goes past him whilst he does nothing apart from getting the ball and checking back before letting Valencia do his job for him.

Needs to be offloaded in the summer before its too late. I said in the Summer that Jose' only kept hold of him to avoid uproar.

DarkXaero

He's got more to his game than both Mkhitaryan and Mata. And has a much bigger ceiling than the pair of them.

Mata is our most overrated player by a country mile. If he wasn't such a nice guy who writes weekly blogs he would be criticised regularly, I watch him and the whole game just goes past him whilst he does nothing apart from getting the ball and checking back before letting Valencia do his job for him.

Needs to be offloaded in the summer before its too late. I said in the Summer that Jose' only kept hold of him to avoid uproar.
Ironically, Silva's performance today was reminiscent of the performances that Mata here has often criticized for. "The game seemed to pass him by" and all.

Mata is our most underrated and underappreciated player.

ovoxo

Not sure I agree with that opinion at all. He's got 10 goals and 6 assists. After Zlatan and Rashford, he's got our most amount of goals. If he didn't have his groin injury he probably would have made a difference in some of the games we struggled to score. His finishing most of the time is top notch, barring the odd sitter (but then again who hasn't missed sitters for us this season?). He's not a bad creator either, he can certainly play a pass. If anything we should keep Mata for another season. He's been one of our better players.

Womp

idiot
Judging him against a team that Neymar, Suarez and Messi couldn't do anything against is a bit rich. He's still got potential to be one of the best in the world.

Zii

Ironically, Silva's performance today was reminiscent of the performances that Mata here has often criticized for. "The game seemed to pass him by" and all.

Mata is our most underrated and underappreciated player.

Quite the opposite, Mata is way to appreciated. He is an average player that's a nice bloke so gets a pass with being unable to run past a man in his whole prem career

SidRed

Quite the opposite, Mata is way to appreciated. He is an average player that's a nice bloke so gets a pass with being unable to run past a man in his whole prem career
Really amazes me to see people calling Mata average. He is technically our best player and is really one of the best creative players in the league with the added goal threat. Only thing that he lacks is lightning pace but he more than makes up for it. Certainly he is better than the likes of B Silva.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Really amazes me to see people calling Mata average. He is technically our best player and is really one of the best creative players in the league with the added goal threat. Only thing that he lacks is lightning pace but he more than makes up for it. Certainly he is better than the likes of B Silva.
I think the fact he plays wide right counts against him massively with some fans.

Put him central with 2 flyers outside him and people would be purring over him. As it is we are used to seeing him pick the ball up on the touchline and have to pass inside as he isn't the type to dribble past 2 or 3 to create a chance.

I rate him but think we have too many players that like to play centrally.

With Mhki only signing last year and Lingard signing a new contract lately I think he could be near the exit door in the summer as competition for places is surely going to increase and he could be left out a hell of a lot next year.

RedCurry

Players like Mata, Mhkitaryan, Silva need to regularly play along side players like Bale, Neymar, Ronaldo, Messi, Robben, Reus, Hazard to bring the absolute best out of them. They are support players who can create a lot while also chipping in with goals. We need one or two absolute world class, dynamic attacking players before we waste these types of creative players.

James Peril

Nobody should be written off for not performing against Juventus in 2017. They are the strongest defensive unit in the world right now, these games are so incredibly tough.
Bernardo Silva is not Mkhitaryan though, do not understand why they are being compared. Mkhi thrives with speed and gaps between lines, he does not have that close control and touch I expected him to have. Silva is much more of a dribbler in tiny spaces, has neat passes for others (a bit like David Silva) - much more of a playmaker by passing the ball, compared to Mkhi who is a playmaker based on one-touch passes and speedy exchanges. With better players around him, such as Silva, Mkhi will become exponentially better!

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Seems to have lost his way at City. After a promising start, he has barely been able to get a game for a while now.

ben.heff10

Seems to have lost his way at City. After a promising start, he has barely been able to get a game for a while now.
I thought he was brilliant in 18/19. He's still extremely talented but I suppose Pep doesn't see him and KDB in the same team. Could see him doing very well elsewhere

padr81

Supports
Man City
He's only back from injury. Played in 34 PL games last season.

RooneyLegend

He was never that good to begin with. His football brain doesn't match his technical abilities unlike David for example who was nothing short of a genius.

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City
He was never that good to begin with. His football brain doesn't match his technical abilities unlike David for example who was nothing short of a genius.
He's a different player yes, that won't dictate the tempo, but define *not that good*. He was nothing short of sensational two years ago (mostly from the right wing).

RooneyLegend

He's a different player yes, that won't dictate the tempo, but define *not that good*. He was nothing short of sensational two years ago (mostly from the right wing).
I've never felt he was sensational. Not suprised he finds himself in his current situation.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
He's a dribbler, a player to open up spaces in one-on-one situations and release the ball, very useful as a lock picker from the right to cut inside. Not a playmaker Pep wants him to become.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
I've never felt he was sensational. Not suprised he finds himself in his current situation.
He was 2 seasons ago. Consistently brilliant in almost every game. Worked hard, won the ball, beat his man, great passing, scored a few goals too, you really couldn't have asked for more.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
He was 2 seasons ago. Consistently brilliant in almost every game. Worked hard, won the ball, beat his man, great passing, scored a few goals too, you really couldn't have asked for more.
Yeah, not sure what’s happened since, his work rate for a player of his type was off the charts. Seemed to cover every blade of grass.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He was top drawer in his first season at City. And his last season at Monaco for that matter.

Robbie Boy

Aye, he was sensational.