Best build around Bruno Fernandes

RUCK4444

Agreed. Relying on Martial to lead the line and get goals, just hoping that he will magically develop into a Ruud or Drogba, or hell even a Tevez or Berba, is foolish. He should be a squad, rotational player at best.

For all our problems with CMs and DMs (and fullbacks and CBs....pretty much everywhere except keepers), we desperately need new forwards / wide-men. So all of these potential formations and utilizing Pogba and Bruno in dream scenarios all still scream the same eventual end result... mid-table dross, because of the forwards.

Relying on a teenager that looks completely out of his depth physically, who looks like a boy against men when he plays (because he is) is foolish.

Relying on James, a young lad relying on effort and determination in place of ability, is foolish.

Mata is decent, and a good option for the squad, but nothing more.

Lingard and Pereira..... too depressing to discuss.

Igaho? Who the hell knows. Could be decent, could be a non-entity.

Rashford is the only one worthy of starting for United.
Yeah I totally agree. All forwards need upgrading with the exception of Rashford.

Problem has been that other positions perhaps needed upgrading more urgently but I agree that without replacing the forwards we will be a step below the best sides in the league.

ROFLUTION

Martial actually looked quite nice qhen Rashford was fit. Looked hungry, but has fallen back after Rashford's injury. Needs to be aggressive and get stuck in in the duels. He seems afraid of not getting an injury again.

I do think he's a good fit on top though. He's more clinical than Rashford, just needs more involvement.

Rashford - Martial - Sancho
Pogba - Bruno
Fred
Williams - Maguire - New defender - Wan B

we should win most games in that formation

sunama

Baghdad Bob
That front line on both formations is not good enough really.

Martial either needs replacing or settle for a bench option imo. Zero consistency.

Same with James, I like his application and I think he could grow into a good player but we need a top class RW/RF
I agree with what you have said, with some additional comment.
It really depends on how far we want to go. If we want to win the league, IMO Martial should not be anything other than a bench option.
In our highest league placing, Martial was a bit-part player, when we got 2nd.
When he is an important player, we tend to finish 4th-5th.

If we want to win the league, then somebody like James should only be coming on in the 75th minute (his speed vs tired defenders). We 'd also need a top class RW.
If we want to finish 4th - 6th, then Martial is fine, as is James.

The question has to be: how much money is our club prepared to spend on players? That will dictate our realistic league position.