Best football Boots?

• Thread starter Deleted member 101472
  • Start date

Deleted member 101472

Playing 11aside this summer and for the first time in a while need a new pair of boots.

What’s the best pair to get these days if your feet are a little bit wider? Where I live doesn’t really have much of a selection so probably ordering online.

Also, will there ever be a better pair of boots than these?

Cheekiey

if you want a wide fitted boot from adidas the Nemiziz are the ones to go for. I have wide feet, and those fit me the best. From Nike your best bet are the hypervenoms as they are also a wider fitted shoe, not as much so as the nemiziz but still suited for the wider foot. I have both and have no problems with either and play week in and week out.

If you want a leather boot go for the Nike Premiers, feel great once broken in. Hope that helps!

Sterling Archer

Ah classics.

My favorites were those blue Nike mercurials. Might have been the first of the series back when Brazilian Ronaldo wore them.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Do they still make predators like that?

Last boots i bough were nike tiempo but from what I remember total 90 boots were among the bulkier ones.

Deleted member 101472

if you want a wide fitted boot from adidas the Nemiziz are the ones to go for. I have wide feet, and those fit me the best. From Nike your best bet are the hypervenoms as they are also a wider fitted shoe, not as much so as the nemiziz but still suited for the wider foot. I have both and have no problems with either and play week in and week out.

If you want a leather boot go for the Nike Premiers, feel great once broken in. Hope that helps!
Thanks for this, the Nike premiers look great.

MUFC OK

The new predators are nice, I bought the white/red predator 18.1's in firm ground and love them so far.

Deleted member 101472

Adidas Copa Mondial or Puma King.

Those Predators were great though.
I scored an own goal the first time I ever wore copas and got superstitious so never wore them again.

Never tried puma kings but I wore the first evospeed ones, actually felt like I could run faster in those only problem was that they were pure white, not good for a 6ft2 ball winning DM :lol:

Snafu17

I'm partial to Adidas Ace's. They just have them in the flashy colours, but they're really comfortable, not too heavy and they're discontinued + at least a year old so you can get them on the cheap. At least the one with the laces, the 16.1 or whatnot. The lace-less ones were still like 150 €+ last I checked, which is a shame because I hoping they would drop in price so I could try them out.

Deleted member 101472

Anyone ever wore these? They were all the rage back in the days Paolo Di Canio wore them at Celtic.

Love this design

Deleted member 101472

I'm partial to Adidas Ace's. They just have them in the flashy colours, but they're really comfortable, not too heavy and they're discontinued + at least a year old so you can get them on the cheap. At least the one with the laces, the 16.1 or whatnot. The lace-less ones were still like 150 €+ last I checked, which is a shame because I hoping they would drop in price so I could try them out.
Pro direct soccer usually have a warehouse clearance section, you have to type that in on google to find the link but the US version at least has a lot of good deals on those, just depends what sizes they have left.

Snafu17

Pro direct soccer usually have a warehouse clearance section, you have to type that in on google to find the link but the US version at least has a lot of good deals on those, just depends what sizes they have left.
Oh yeah, I know. Where do you think I've gotten mine from? :D I have been checking periodically, for the price, but it just won't drop under 150 € which is my limit for football boots. I think the US store doesn't even sell them anymore, just the new Predators.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
I play in Adidas Nemeziz (Messi edition, of course :D) and love them.

And nope, nothing will ever beat the old Preds. The holy grail.

devil in me

The OP picture, but in white, were awesome. Shout out to Original Ronaldo's R9s too from France '98

MUFC OK

Predator Manias from 2002 as worn by Beckham, Zidane, Raul and Del Piero are the best boots ever, so so good. Still have my pair though they are too small :(

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
I'm flat footed and wear sole inserts so I do need width and height space. Adidas always the most comfortable for me. Found Nike pinched the back of my heel more often than not as they are tighter there, so would recommend trying a size up in Nikes.

I've found myself going back to blacked out or black boots again. Everyone is flying around the pitch with orange and pink feckin boots. Love the Adidas Gloro range myself.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Just do a Hummels/Coutinho and cut holes in them

I would say definitely get Copa Mundial for firm ground, and definitely consider Adidas World Cup if you're looking for soft ground.

Once broken in (maybe a couple of games or so) the Mundials are one of the most comfortable shoes I've ever worn, even when walking on concrete. Just a shame that I'm not very good and play in the UK, therefore can only practically wear them for about 3 games a season due to horrendous pitches. The soft ground ones are great, but not as comfortable as the Copas imo.

I've observed three types of player in my team btw:

- Those that buy 'modern' boots and replace them once or twice a season
- Those that buy cheap boots and complain about how uncomfortable they are
- Those that wear 'proper leather' boots :P

Seriously though, they're by far the most comfortable boot I've ever worn and are still going strong after almost three seasons. They also have the advantage of being 'timeless' and by that I mean when they do eventually break you can get a new pair knowing that they'll still make them, they'll still fit and will (probably) still last.

As a heads up, if you do go for these then you'd possibly want the Copas in half a size below what you normally get and the Adidas World Cup ones in your normal size. That's what I found anyways.

Sterling Archer

This is a classic:

Those wore beauts.

I had a pair of knock off mundials for a while. But then switched to the more contemporary styles (like those blue mercurials). When you can't afford the true kangaroo leather and go with synthetic, it's more about whatever suits your fancy .

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Wow, what happened to Predators? They look decent for the modern style of boot but feck. That brown should be red at least.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Used to love my T90 lasers. Had the black and neon green but the lace holes all snapped so I'm not able to tighten them anymore. Got a new pair of yellow ones but they are SG so haven't worn them yet as there is no real need for them in Canada. Then I've got Puma evopowers, the one orange and one blue boot. Feel amazing too and give great touch. Also got red evopower 1s but they are shit. Bit clunky and the heel is some like felt material which slides on the heel of my foot.

Bought two new Pumas since moving too, one evopower and one evospeed but haven't tried them out yet. You can get some top Puma boots for dirt cheap online.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
Personal favourites:

Adidas Supernova

Predator Precision white or blue

Predator Mania beige

Tiempo

Air zoom total '90

Puma King Classic

Last pair of boots I bought were these by Calcio:

Which are really nice on the dry sandy pitches + the artificial pitches we play on a lot.

Last edited:

FujiVice

They'll all be wearing this at the World Cup. Remember this post.