Best footballing families

simplyared

Laudrup - Michael was world class and probably the Scandinavian GOAT 104 apps for his country. Clubs: Lazio, Juventus, Barcelona, RM
Brian not quite at his brother's level but still a very talented footballer. Played for his country 82 times. Clubs: Bayern, Fiorentina, Rangers, Chelsea

Their old fella Finn Laudrup, couldn't have been that bad either. Representing Denmark on 19 occasions.

Staying in Denmark Schmeichel, Peter (129 caps) world class and son Kasper (56 caps) one of the best GK's in the PL since joining Leicester in 2011.

Got a feeling someone will come up with some Italian family. No names mentioned!

Teja

Nevilles (Phil, Gary), Ferdinands (Rio, Anton) are top of mind I guess.

Toad

Kluivert and Koeman, both 3 generations. Amazing if you ask me.

RedRob

"I believe. I believe there will be more. T
The Lampards / Redknapps.
Frank Lampard Sr had 550+ games for West Ham in the late 60s - early 80s.
Frank Lampard Jr was one of the best midfielders of his generation.
Harry Redknapp (BIL to Frank Sr.) was an average player, but an excellent manager.
Jamie Redknapp was a useful player, popular among Liverpool fans and forced to retire early. He went on to become a top level manager and should probably be Man United manager right now. u come from the mars?

Oranges038

The Ferguson's

Sir Alex
Darren
Fletcher
McTominay

And the cousins
McClair
Strachan

The black sheep
Roy Keane

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.

Sócrates and Raí de Oliveira — only pair of brothers to skipper Brazil in a World Cup (1982 and 1994), and win the much-feted South American Footballer of the Year award. The latter is not as famous as The Doctor (particularly outside of Brazil), but led São Paulo to successive Copa Libertadores titles in the early '90s (as well as an Intercontinental Cup vs. Cruyff's iconic Dream Team) and served as an inspiration for the likes of Kaká...
Who was your idol?
Kaka: Rai – a player who won everything at Sao Paulo, who became a world champion with Brazil in 1994 and was also the top player at Paris St Germain. I wanted to be like him. I was born in Brasilia, the capital, but I moved to Sao Paulo when I was seven and lived there until I was 21; I was raised in Sao Paulo and I consider myself to come from there – it’s my city and it’s beautiful, it’s a special city.
http://capital-balls.com/kaka-an-exclusive-interview/

GuyfromAustria

Chicharito's family is not that bad, 3 generations going to the World Cup (1954, 1986, 2010-2018)

Aguero used to be married to Maradona's daughter.

Messi is Aguero's friend but they're not related.
Messi is godfather of his son, so there's a connection but no relation.
Imagine being that boy and telling people in Argentina who your father, grandfather and godfather are. :lol:

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Can’t recall how many of them there was but the Sodje brothers played for a few lower league sides

hubbuh

Sócrates and Raí de Oliveira — only pair of brothers to skipper Brazil in a World Cup (1982 and 1994), and win the much-feted South American Footballer of the Year award. The latter is not as famous as The Doctor (particularly outside of Brazil), but led São Paulo to successive Copa Libertadores titles in the early '90s (as well as an Intercontinental Cup vs. Cruyff's iconic Dream Team) and served as an inspiration for the likes of Kaká...

http://capital-balls.com/kaka-an-exclusive-interview/
That's a good one. I read his biography Doctor Sócrates and I barely remember it mentioning that.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Charlton.
Bobby, Jack, Jackie Milburn.
Colin Milburn fantastic cricketer

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid

Juan Ramon Veron father of
Juan Sebastian Veron father of
Deian Veron

Juan Ramon Veron won three Libertadores and 1 Intercontinental vs Manchester United with Estudiantes de la Plata.

Blackwidow

The Alcantaras - Father Mazzinho was World Champion with Brazil, Thiago and Rafinha

Mike Smalling

Laudrup - Michael was world class and probably the Scandinavian GOAT 104 apps for his country. Clubs: Lazio, Juventus, Barcelona, RM
Brian not quite at his brother's level but still a very talented footballer. Played for his country 82 times. Clubs: Bayern, Fiorentina, Rangers, Chelsea

Their old fella Finn Laudrup, couldn't have been that bad either. Representing Denmark on 19 occasions.
Don't forget Michael also has two sons, Mads and Andreas, that have played at professional level (although obviously nowhere near their father's level).

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
Uli Hoeneß, extremely successful as a player for Bayern, Germany (world cup, european cup, european champions cup etc.) and as a manager for Bayern later on
Dieter Hoeneß, pretty successful as a player for Bayern, Germany and as a manager later on
Sebastian Hoeneß (son of Dieter), not a good football player, yet played professionally but a rather good upcoming coaching talent (youth teams and second squads for RB Leipzig and Bayern, now headcoach at Hoffenheim)

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Thierry Hazard was a pro who played for Tubize. He married Carine Hazard who played in the Belgian Women's 1st Division.

They have 4 sons, Eden, Thorgan, Kyllian and Ethan, all of whom are professional players.

Jagga7

Juan Ramon Veron father of
Juan Sebastian Veron father of
Deian Veron

Juan Ramon Veron won three Libertadores and 1 Intercontinental vs Manchester United with Estudiantes de la Plata.
Seba got unlucky with the hair genes, his father's got a full head of hair!

Locke Leiemand

The Wallaces.
Rod, won league titles in England and Scotland with Leeds and Rangers.
Danny, brilliant for Southampton, played 47 times for United, won an England cap.
Ray, England U21 caps, good career at Stoke.

48 hours

The Forlans have a good footballing history..

Uruguay legend Diego Forlan, Golden Ball winner at the 2010 World Cup, was the third generation of his family to play professional football after his father and maternal grandfather made their mark in the game before him.

Diego’s father was Pablo Forlan, an international defender for Uruguay who went to World Cups in 1966 and 1974, and spent six years of his club career with Sao Paulo in Brazil after making his name at Montevideo giant Penarol.

Diego’s maternal grandfather and Pablo’s father-in-law was Juan Carlos Corazzo. He played for Independiente in the 1930s, where Diego also started out, and coached the Uruguayan national team to two Copa America titles and at the 1962 World Cup.

redrobed

Stunned the thread has got as far as this with no mention of the De Boer’s. Also Cruyffs

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
The Forlans have a good footballing history..

Uruguay legend Diego Forlan, Golden Ball winner at the 2010 World Cup, was the third generation of his family to play professional football after his father and maternal grandfather made their mark in the game before him.

Diego’s father was Pablo Forlan, an international defender for Uruguay who went to World Cups in 1966 and 1974, and spent six years of his club career with Sao Paulo in Brazil after making his name at Montevideo giant Penarol.

Diego’s maternal grandfather and Pablo’s father-in-law was Juan Carlos Corazzo. He played for Independiente in the 1930s, where Diego also started out, and coached the Uruguayan national team to two Copa America titles and at the 1962 World Cup.

Good shout.