Best headed goal

Bobski

Time to close the thread, no way to beat that.
That header doesn't make sense. Cisse had that 6 months at Newcastle when he might have been the best striker in the league then reverted to decent.

That and the Seeler header, how the hell did he create that angle?

The White Pele

I always go with Borgetti as the best header of all time.

For a brace of headers you will do well to find a better double than Benzema’s against Chelsea in the CL last season.

Others:
Yorke double vs Inter 99
Larsson vs Bulgaria 2004
Rooney double vs Milan 2010
Drogba vs Munich 2012
Carroll vs Sweden 2012
Chicharito vs Chelsea 2013
Kane vs Arsenal 2015
Cavani double vs Southampton 2021

galwayfa

Not the best headed goals ever but as its a Man Utd forum, which you think is most important is it Bobby Charltons in 1968 ec final or Mark Robins one, its a dying art that may be got rid of in a few years but in my opinion Larrsons v Bulgaria in Euro 2004 was brilliant.

Ole'sattheWheel

I think every headed goal just looks so good for some reason. Any time a header goes in I find myself saying "what a goal"

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
The Cisse one is by miles the best I’ve seen. I had never seen that before.

Borgetti has moved to second place, some distance away.

kthanksbye

For some reason Fletcher against Chelsea made me really happy back when it happened. Not the "best" but even after 18 years, I somehow still thought about it when I thought about headed goals.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Joao Pinto’s diving header for Portugal vs. England at Euro 2000 was pretty special I thought. It followed 20 odd passes and an excellent cross from Rui Costa, and overall I liked that goal more than the one scored by Figo 15 minutes earlier.

Ricardo de la Vega

Ronaldo vs Sampdoria for the leap. I remember waking up my kids watching it it was absolutely mental. Used to love watching Oliver Bierhoff back in the day too ball used to ping off his head.

Okey

I once watched Oliver Bierhoff pretty much take a bullet shot with his head from just outside the box. Beat the keeper all ends up. I think it's the best header I've seen. He's certainly one of the best I've seen in the business.

Kanu

Supports
Feyenoord & United
Cristiano against United. His knee is higher than Evra's head.

whitbyviking

Can't believe we've got this far without mention of probably the GOAT of headed goals - Batistuta. He was ridiculous with his head.

Quality is garbage on this link, but you get the idea.

Batigol

Wilt

Ronaldo vs Sampdoria for the leap. I remember waking up my kids watching it it was absolutely mental. Used to love watching Oliver Bierhoff back in the day too ball used to ping off his head.
Nothing beats this …..amazing