Best Interviewees in Football

Interval

Level
Inspired by Rooneys Sun interview and the belter given by LVG recently.

Any videos of classic interviews given in the world of football? Apart from Keegan losing his shit of course and Rafas fahcts

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
James Maddison and Michael Antonio seem quite invested in the conversations. They speak like pundits.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Jose Mourinho. Not even close.

Most of his interviews are absolutely box office! He's a quotes machine. And his quotes are actually witty not cringeworthy.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
James Maddison and Michael Antonio seem quite invested in the conversations. They speak like pundits.
Came here to post Antonio - his are always great interviews.

Pickle85

I know it's not relevant to this but am I imagining it or is Maddison confirmed to be a bellend of biblical proportions?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I know it's not relevant to this but am I imagining it or is Maddison confirmed to be a bellend of biblical proportions?
Have no idea, I figured that was just something people decided because he wears a comb over and bright clothing.

TheLittleOne

Zlatan comes to mind. In the 90s there where many pretty epic ones in the Bundesliga I could think of but it's impossible to translate properly.

Pickle85

Have no idea, I figured that was just something people decided because he wears a comb over and bright clothing.
I heard stories about him being a nob on nights out in a previous club. Norwich maybe?

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Zlatan is always good for a bit of cartoon villainy.

I always quite liked Joe Hart too. Seemed to stick two fingers up at all the media training and would just say what he wanted, which is always much more worthwhile than the standard script that is drilled in to every player.

Chipper

Adulterer.
What's the context of the 2nd clip?
Don't really know other than what's in the video really.

Sounds like his team had a player sent off for the third game in a row. He wanted to criticise his player, the opposition player involved in the incident and the ref but the press officer didn't want him to speak freely so he blew his top at him and said what he wanted to say anyway.

AgentSmith

I heard stories about him being a nob on nights out in a previous club. Norwich maybe?
It was meant to be while he was at Coventry I think. Being flash with money on a night out and a general twat to people is the rumour - ‘My shoes are worth more than your outfit’ is a quote widely attributed to him on Reddit. Obviously a completely unverified source though.

I found it a surprising one because, as mentioned, Maddison comes across really well in interviews but I guess a lot of young guys would become egomaniacs on a night out if they were suddenly earning thousands of pounds a week. Then they’d mature into a more reasonable person as they calmed down and got older. Maybe that’s what’s happened with him.

Think he definitely has a future as a pundit given how articulate and comfortable he is as a speaker.

Pickle85

It was meant to be while he was at Coventry I think. Being flash with money on a night out and a general twat to people is the rumour - ‘My shoes are worth more than your outfit’ is a quote widely attributed to him on Reddit. Obviously a completely unverified source though.

I found it a surprising one because, as mentioned, Maddison comes across really well in interviews but I guess a lot of young guys would become egomaniacs on a night out if they were suddenly earning thousands of pounds a week. Then they’d mature into a more reasonable person as they calmed down and got older. Maybe that’s what’s happened with him.

Think he definitely has a future as a pundit given how articulate and comfortable he is as a speaker.
Ah yeah you're right, that's the one I heard. And agreed that it would be easy to become a big 'I am' earning that money at that age.

Oranges038

Jim McClean. Probably the best interview ever.

Or Mark Crossley is good too, his Clough impressions and stories are quite funny. Although most of the stories people tell about Clough are funny.

Pickle85

he’s supposed to be a good lad, always seems it in interviews aswell.
As a previous poster said there were a few stories about him when he was at coventry giving it the big un which don't paint him in the best light. There's a whole reddit thread (obviously take with a substantial grain of salt!) about him being a nob:
https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/james-maddison-court-15056461

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/foot...-his-friend-punched-a-stranger-court-is-told/