Best league debuts for homegrown players

surf

Didn't see it but Charlton, on his Manchester United debut, 18 years old, 2 goals versus ... Charlton.

SoCross

Rafael vs Peterborough was it? Think he started that game. He was immense.

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Most of our highly rated academy graduates tend to burst onto the scene.

Welbeck, Macheda, Januzaj, Wilson, Rashford all scored on their debuts. Greenwood, even though he didn't score, had people purring after his full debut against Cardiff.

Patchbeard

Most of our highly rated academy graduates tend to burst onto the scene.

Welbeck, Macheda, Januzaj, Wilson, Rashford all scored on their debuts. Greenwood, even though he didn't score, had people purring after his full debut against Cardiff.
Forgot that Welbeck scored arguably his best career goal on his debut. All downhill from there.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Januzaj vs Sunderland will always be my favourite.

Red_Aaron

I remember that goal so clearly. Absolute peach. Always had such a soft spot for him. Still do tbh.
Danny is very much the hill I'm prepared to die on. He's world class and any day now he'll become the 30 goal a season striker he was always meant to be. Any day now

Borninthe80ts

Danny is very much the hill I'm prepared to die on. He's world class and any day now he'll become the 30 goal a season striker he was always meant to be. Any day now
Haha I’ve got your back on that! I remember a goal against Derby too early in his career, when he played without fear. What could have been…

CallyRed

Terry Cooke v Bolton 1995. Provided an assist to Giggs.
Those who watched United Season Reviews from the 90s will know.