Best midfield for Boavista match

DubaiReds

So what's Fergie going to do at Boavista - we need the win. Is it 4-5-1 with Scholes & Veron in midfield or 4-4-2 with Scholes& Butt out & Veron & Giggs (if fit) in? Butt & Scholes were superb on saturday - but what system & who is Fergie going to play come tuesday?

Gazza

As much as I would like to see Giggsy make an appearance, their is no use risking him when we have already qualified. Of course we want first place, but Giggsy staying fit is crucial. My midfield:

Becks
Butt
Keane
Veron

redpie

the Boavista game means nothing!

forget who we might meet or might not in the CL QF.

If we're going to win it we need to beat the likes of Madrid/Roma/Deport/Arsenal/Liverpool anyway.

Boro at home is more important than Boavista away.

redpie

we should rest our players against Boavista and take on who we have to in the QF's.
There aren't any weak teams left...even Panathanaikos can be very dangerous.

MauritianRed

Originally posted by Jens:
<strong>wish keano had been booked v bayern :( </strong><hr></blockquote>

I don't think it really matters as all bookings are cleared once you reach the Quarter finals. I think.

DubaiReds

Gut feeling tells me he'll go 4-5-1 with Beckham, Scholes, Veron Keane & Butt in the middle - & I agree he will not risk Giggs

Neil Thomson

Giggs will definitely be playing, thats why he was rested against WH. After his last performance for us I can't see anyway in which he won't play. I don't go along with the idea that we will play to lose against Boavista. Its been the stated intention by Alex and some of the players that we need to win against Boavista to guarantee topping the group, the last thing our player's confidence needs is to go out in the QF's again. If we get a win in the QF it will slay some ghosts and boost the confidence. While it might be more glorious to beat top opposition in every knockout game to get to the final, I'd settle for us reaching Glasgow.

matt72

veron is out,he is having a scan today to see if he has broken a bone in his foot.
they also said that keane and ruud are both out as well

mickeythomas

with kean, veron and ruud out it will probably be butt, scholes, giggs and beckham with ole and forlan as strikers.

Jens

Originally posted by MauritianRed:
<strong>

I don't think it really matters as all bookings are cleared once you reach the Quarter finals. I think.</strong><hr></blockquote>

unless hes booked on tuesday ... hes gonna miss the first leg of the qf if hes booked tomorrow

Jens

forget about keane ... he didnt even travel to porto

Chris

will be good having butt scholes becks and giggs in the midfield.

gives us natural balance, and just as importantly, we'll have a midfield entirely populated by boys who are united born and bred, coming all the way thru the youth teams. i don't imagine there is another champions league quarter finalist (or one of our premier league "rivals" for that matter) who could do that.

will also be good to diego get 90mins against decent (but not too intimidating) opposition. the pressure is off (to a certain extent) and he can get that first goal...

Pi

I have a feeling Yorke may even start!

Fairo

Originally posted by True Treble Reds:
<strong>If he doesn't, I'd say Fergie has essentially dumped him for this season!</strong><hr></blockquote>

I've got to agree with comment.
Can't see him staying at United anyway.