Best performance of the season

E-mal

1st half you were shite. Very good in second half though. If that's your best performance of the season I'd be worried as we are a terrible team right now
We were still better than you guys in the first half.

ROFLUTION

Feels like that part of Lord of the Rings II where Gandalf enters and all is light and the orchs get hammered

Castia

Brilliant display especially in the second half

The goals we’re all real quality as well, good passing and movement in the lead up to all 4 (!)

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
1st half you were shite. Very good in second half though. If that's your best performance of the season I'd be worried as we are a terrible team right now
If we were shite in the 1st half I don't know the noun to describe what Spurs were

Stay salty though

I_live_cement

Cat freak
You should be worried as you won't be getting CL football next year and Kane will be off.

Marwood

Yeah agree.

Didn't think we'd see a performance like that for rest of the season.

I actually thought we were ok first half despite Neville making it sound like we were awful.

The disallowed goal got the juices going though.

You don't take goals away from Cavani. He'll have his revenge.

cyberman

Dont think we were shite. After the opening period we got control of the ball and midfield but the little passes around the box let us down.

gorky_utd

Fantastic 2nd half. Full credit to ole after what happened in the first half.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
City at their place for me; we knew exactly what we were doing for the entire 90 minutes and beat a quality side all ends up. The second half today was wonderful though and the three goals are three of our best, no question.

charlenefan

City at their place for me; we knew exactly what we were doing for the entire 90 minutes and beat a quality side all ends up. The second half today was wonderful though and the three goals are three of our best, no question.
First minute pen helped us that day

Today we had to deal with that atrocious disallowed goal and then going behind

Red00012

It always feels better when a big decision goes against you and you go on to win

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
First minute pen helped us that day

Today we had to deal with that atrocious disallowed goal and then going behind
True, the context of both games was very different. I just preferred the City one as a full 90, I wouldn't be happy calling a game with that first half performance today, ref/VAR aside, our best.

charlenefan

True, the context of both games was very different. I just preferred the City one as a full 90, I wouldn't be happy calling a game with that first half performance today, ref/VAR aside, our best.
I thought we were alright first half, you could tell with a little more care on the ball we'd of seen the passing of the second half

That wrongly disallowed goal was just class :drool:

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
All goals fantastic. Pogba, Fred, Cavani all MOTM, great cameo by Greenwood, hope he saved his bullets for the rest of the season. There's always hope City slip, still plenty of tricky games to be played. Yeah and feck refs, they were giving everything to the bunch of pussies. The sweater it tastes, just hoped we could do it on more regular basis and don't rely on Pogba and co to show up..

Zlaatan

Parody Account
I don't know if they just had a good day but some of the passing combinations were really good, like they've been working on them.
Yea I don't know where that came from but the one touch passing and movement in the 2nd half especially was fantastic, would love to see much more of that.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I thought we were alright first half, you could tell with a little more care on the ball we'd of seen the passing of the second half

That wrongly disallowed goal was just class :drool:
I thought it was cack with sprinkles of glitter :lol:. For sure though, all four* goals today were superb, I just remember thinking before Slapgate erupted that we'd scored against the run of play and I think we got dragged, perhaps understandably, into a grievance contest with Spurs hitting the deck and whining to the ref before we could get in to clear our heads.

The second half was absolutely brilliant today but I preferred City and the first PSG games as full 90s.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
that's my favorite kind of goal :drool:. We don't have anyone to score goals like that since Chicharito until Cavani came along
Yeah, nothing better than a proper diving header. I hope we can convince him to stay another year.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Looked like proper team in that second half. Easily the second best team in the league and we are going to deserve that second spot by the looks of it.

We could really do with keeping Cavani and save ourselves a striker headache for another year.
DIdn't he signed a two-year contract? Are we in talks for extension or his possible transfer out this summer?

Proper striker him anyway and such a fighter, what a change from Martial. We need a striker anyway. Possibly at the end of 21/22 we could invest all the money into Haaland and this summer focus on CB and Grealish..

El-Manos

Agreed. Today was beautiful though !

cyberman

Yep, we genuinely controlled that second half and had them chasing shadows for most of it.

Woodzy

DIdn't he signed a two-year contract? Are we in talks for extension or his possible transfer out this summer?

Proper striker him anyway and such a fighter, what a change from Martial. We need a striker anyway. Possibly at the end of 21/22 we could invest all the money into Haaland and this summer focus on CB and Grealish..
We have an option to extend but he hasn't settled in England and Ole has said it is up to the player whether he wants to stay or not.

El Jefe

I've been critical of the lack of joy in watching us play at times but today brought me back to the SAF days. I'm buzzing right now.

This is definitely my favourite performance of the season. The 3-3 with Everton we played some incredible stuff but screwed it up in the end, today it was the opposite.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
it was the fight for me, we didn’t just sit on our hands once we got back to 1-1. I knew at that point there was only one winner. I actually have confidence that we can hold a lead now too, feels a lot different at the moment.

Sylar

442 diamond needs to stay. Fred and Scotty partnership allows one to go forward and join Pogba and Bruno, giving the latter two freedom to link with the forward players

We had it before the pogba injury (think Everton game) when we started dropping points.

Also suits our strikers as they aren't out wide and isolated and gets Rashford and Greenwood closer to goal