Best PL midfielder signing of 2018

Canagel

I still hope Fred. He never stops running, has technical ability, strong tackler, never takes more than 1/2 touches and always looks to play forward. It's just a case of adapting to the pace of the league. Once that happens I'm sure he will be amongst the best in the PL.

ErranMorad

Has to be Jorginho based on the sample size available so far. Looks like a gem. I had some doubts how his move from the Italian league will translate to the English league, but he he taken in like a duck to water. Wish we had gone for him. He is the profile of midfielder that our team desperately needs to get the best out of our attack.

Hopefully, we are keeping an eye out for Ruben Neves, who looks a similar kind of player.

Devil may care

Jorginho has had the best start and he's a vital piece of the puzzle of how Sarri plays, but I think Kovacic will give him a run for his money over the course of the season.

Sunspear17

Supports
Chelsea
Honestly, for what he will be worth for their team, I'll go with Seri. I think he'll be very important for Fulham this season. Jorginho and Kovacic's qualities are well known, so they won't be much of a surprise if you know what I mean.

Classical Mechanic

I’ve watched all Liverpool’s games and Kieta has been the most overrated so far for me. He’s been OK, nothing more.

From the list I think Seri and Jorginho will be the most important for their sides.

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
Hopefully Max Meyer can push himself in to the conversation over the next few weeks considering he was free. For now I'd say Naby Keita.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
I reckon Torreira will work out great.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Fred looks such a misfit on a lethargic attacking team but the quality is there to see. Jorginho looks as good as advertised as a passer but he needs to be a lot more defensively aware for the position he's playing in. I think it's between the two of them depending on which team gets their act together over the course of the season.

Roux

Guendouzi, without a doubt imo - for his age, price and experience, he's been very very impressive.

red4ever 79

Dont know why anybody isnt saying Fellaini. World class midfielder re-signing for us. Provides us with an extra dimension and a plan B. Has the ability to strike fear into the opponents and will surely go on to become our most important midfielder at the club. Stroke of genius by Mourinho to sign him back on.

Bestietom

Keita so far for me, but hoping Fred will come out on top by end of season. When we start playing more attacking football he will shine.

GBBQ

Too early to tell but at the moment Keita and Jorginho look to be the best of the bunch. Wait til things settle down though to properly assess Fred. has to be harder to settle in a team when half your team mates forgot how to play football over the summer.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Jorginho by a mile. He's been incredible for Chelsea so far and has had the biggest impact.

poleglass red

I’ve watched all Liverpool’s games and Kieta has been the most overrated so far for me. He’s been OK, nothing more.

From the list I think Seri and Jorginho will be the most important for their sides.
I actually think if anything Kieta has been slightly underrated. Saddens me as a Utd fan, but he looks an ideal midfielder, got a bit of everything.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I think long-term it'll be Keita who has world-class potential, but for this season it's Jorginho.

Fred.. eh.. we'll see.

Snash93

Supports
Liverpool
Jorginho for me as it stands but Guendouzi couldwell be one of those absolute bargains you see every now and again like how we signed Coutinho for £8million.

If Guendouzi reaches full potential, then £7million for him will go down as one of the most shrewdest pieces of business in recent times when you consider how over inflated the market is.

poleglass red

That confuses me as he's received effusive praise from all and sundry in the media.
no he hasn't. He's got credit and rightly so, there's defo an over the top feel good factor in the media re Liverpool/ Klopp at the minute, maybe that's were you're getting confused. But re him personally the credit hasn't been as huge. Considering his cost and what he's produced so far, in this over inflated market, seems like a steal so far. Long season of course, but so far so good for him

Classical Mechanic

no he hasn't. He's got credit and rightly so, there's defo an over the top feel good factor in the media re Liverpool/ Klopp at the minute, maybe that's were you're getting confused. But re him personally the credit hasn't been as huge. Considering his cost and what he's produced so far, in this over inflated market, seems like a steal so far. Long season of course, but so far so good for him
They paid £62m for him.

poleglass red

They paid £62m for him.
48 million was the fee, are you adding add ons, agent fees etc, we could do that every transfer. It's like saying Lukaku cost 90 million, if he stays for his 5 yr contract and meets certian criteria, his 75 million fee rises to 90

Classical Mechanic

48 million was the fee, are you adding add ons, agent fees etc, we could do that every transfer. It's like saying Lukaku cost 90 million, if he stays for his 5 yr contract and meets certian criteria, his 75 million fee rises to 90
They agreed a 'premium' with Leipzig, as per wiki

1 July 2018 after Liverpool triggered his £48 million release clause in addition to paying an undisclosed premium[10][11]. It was later revealed that the premium was £9 million (£57 million total) if Leipzig did not qualify for European football, £14 million (£62 million total) if they qualified for the Europa League and £18 million (£66 million total) if they finished in the Champions League spots.[12] Leipzig finished 6th in the Bundesliga, qualifying for the Europa League.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
They agreed a 'premium' with Leipzig, as per wiki

1 July 2018 after Liverpool triggered his £48 million release clause in addition to paying an undisclosed premium[10][11]. It was later revealed that the premium was £9 million (£57 million total) if Leipzig did not qualify for European football, £14 million (£62 million total) if they qualified for the Europa League and £18 million (£66 million total) if they finished in the Champions League spots.[12] Leipzig finished 6th in the Bundesliga, qualifying for the Europa League.
They didn’t qualify. We paid 52 or 57 can’t really remember which.

poleglass red

They played in the Europa League last night.
around 52m with the Europa league qualification is what the press are genuinely reporting. I don't think any of them ever truly know, but don't see any of the main press reporting it to be as high as wiki states. 48- 60 million, we know as Utd fans paying the big dosh doesn't guarantee success so this lad seems to have hit the ground running. Can he keep it up? I'd say yes but then again I thought that with Di Maria.

PINGUtd

It has to be the new guy Spurs have signed!

On a more serious note, it's between Alisson, Richarlison, Mitrovic and Jorginho for me if looking at the short term impact and neglecting the transfer fees.

Söyüncü and Madisson will probably be excellent transfers for Leicester as well. Calling for Crystal Palace's Max Meyer (free agent) to be the winner of this selection at the end of the saison along with Arsenal's Guendouzi and Dendocker for Wolves.

Classical Mechanic

around 52m with the Europa league qualification is what the press are genuinely reporting. I don't think any of them ever truly know, but don't see any of the main press reporting it to be as high as wiki states. 48- 60 million, we know as Utd fans paying the big dosh doesn't guarantee success so this lad seems to have hit the ground running. Can he keep it up? I'd say yes but then again I thought that with Di Maria.
The higher figures came from Germany and the lower from England. What does that tell you?

Regardless, I don't think he's been that good so far anyway.

Coach V

Supports
Liverpool

I have to agree with you that Keita has been overrated so far. But he is just 3 games into the season. The media/everyone is praising him because of how talented he is and his past performances in Bundesliga. Keita is an absolute steal for liverpool, even if they paid 90 mill. He is a Coutinho type player when it comes to impact in the game.

If you watch him play, you can clearly see he is still adapting to the system and the players around him at Liverpool. His performance have been safety first, leave it to the other proven players in the team. Underwhelming. But you can clearly see his talent. His First touch is golden, his close control is phenomenal, he has a good burst of pace (Mane-ish), fantastic dribbler, great passing awareness in the final 3rd and an overall astute footballing brain. Probably the best midfield buy this season.

But in the 3 games so far, it has to be Jorginho and Guendouzi. Great starts from both of them

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
I had completely forgotten that Liverpool signed Fabinho. Is he injured? Don't recall seeing him in any of the first 3 matches for them.

Anyway, I'm biased of course but Jorginho has easily had the biggest impact so far and has been quality in each of our matches. Think Keita looks like he'll be a great player. Guendouzi looks excellent for someone his age. Has made mistakes but doesn't hide and is always looking to get the ball forward.

OverratedOpinion

I had completely forgotten that Liverpool signed Fabinho. Is he injured? Don't recall seeing him in any of the first 3 matches for them.

Anyway, I'm biased of course but Jorginho has easily had the biggest impact so far and has been quality in each of our matches. Think Keita looks like he'll be a great player. Guendouzi looks excellent for someone his age. Has made mistakes but doesn't hide and is always looking to get the ball forward.
Klopp said that he is being kept out due to "tactical flaws" whatever that means.

deafepl

Klopp said that he is being kept out due to "tactical flaws" whatever that means.
I have watched a few games of Fabinho during pre-season, it looks like he is not settled and not adapting to Liverpool's style of play yet, Klopp is doing right things by not rushing him for a game.

Georgan

Torreira for Arsenal will prove to be a bargain, other than him, Seri obviously is the one who is performing the best.

deafepl

Ketia got dropped, not surprising given his performance against Brighton and Crystal Palace. Hopefully, he can adapt to Liverpool's style of play and the league.