——————-——-De Gea
Zabaleta—-—Kompany——Terry—-Evra
D.Silva————Kante—Toure——Hazard
————-———Aguero——-Suarez

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
I'd probably have Ashley Cole over Evra at LB. Also, what about Gareth Bale?

Last edited:

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Hard to pick the defence. Van Persie goes in ahead of Suarez IMO, Kane would as well. Probably not Evra at left back (his best years were mostly before with omly a small amount after 2010) but feck knows who else. Azpilicueta should be somewhere there.

The only for sure picks for me would be: De Gea, Azpilicueta, Silva and Aguero.

BlackShark_80

-----------------De Gea------------
Ivanovic--Kompany--Terry--Cole
------De Bruyne-----Toure-----Silva------
Sanchez-----Van Persie-----Hazard

Last edited:

Welbeckham

GK: De Gea
I honestly think he should still develop his distribution and anticipation to come out of his line to top the all-time discussion, but he doesn’t have any real competition for 2010’s.

RB: Ivanovic
He was brilliant for multiple seasons in early 2010’s, best years of his career.

CB: Kompany
Not sure he really has the longevity speaking for him because of his injuries, but for his peak, there’s hardly any arguments.

CB: Terry
Didn’t really peak during this decade, but who would top him?

LB: Baines
Controversial, as he never won anything, but from my memory, he was probably the best LB in the league between 2010-2014. Not sure about Cole’s decline though, I just don’t remember him being all that in 2010’s.

DM: Kante
MVP role in two PL titles.

CM: Toure
Unstoppable force in early years of the decade.

AM: Silva
Unfortunately, he’s been quite brilliant for the whole decade. The biggest ”we should’ve signed him” player for me.

AM: Hazard
Bit on and off during and between seasons, but still one of the most talented and frightening players in the league.

ST: Agüero
Definitely a top two striker for this decade.

ST: Van Persie
Really close between him, Kane and Suarez, but we would never have won that PL title without his incredible season and he was already brilliant for Arsenal.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
De Gea, Silva, Toure, Aguero, Kane should be automatic pick. Probably even Carrick too.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
GK - De Gea

RB - Ivanovic
CB - Kompany
CB - Terry
LB - Evra

LM - Hazard
CM - fabregas
CM - Toure
RM - Bale

ST - Aguero
ST - Van Persie

Pagh Wraith

De Gea
Ivanovic - Kompany - Terry - Cole
Kante - Fabregas
Toure
Silva - Kane - Hazard

Last edited:

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I am talking purely Premier League.
OK, no chance in my opinion then.

Kante was the key player in both Leicester and Chelsea's title winning campaigns. Modric was one of the best midfielders in the league during his time at Tottenham but we're talking about the 2010's and Modric left in 2012. He won nothing with Tottenham on a personal or team level.

paulscholes18

DDG
Ivanovic Kompany Azpilicueta
Salah Kante Silva Hazard
RVP Kane Aguero

Last edited:

Web of Bissaka

Keeper is easy, no contest.

CBs (Kompany and Terry) and RB are also easy. Ivanovic is annoying rock solid, but LB though.. no one really stand out consistently for many seasons, so I'll just put Azpi there.

MID,
  • David Silva, consistency and long term.
  • Yaya Toure, damn monster, decline quickly later on.
  • Kante, midway colossus.
ATK,
  • Bale, short term just the early 2010s but damn man, he's a beast, can't put him out.
  • Hazard.
ST,
  • Aguero, same like Silva.
  • Suarez, shit annoying lethal striker.
  • Kane.
---

Tough to include them all, so I'll just go with different system, somewhat imbalance.

3-5-2
De Gea

Ivanovic -- Kompany -- Azpilicueta

Kante -- Toure

Hazard -- David Silva -- Bale

Suarez -- Aguero​

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Big Dave
Azpi - Kompany - Terry
Kante
Silva - Yaya
Hazard
Aguero - Kane - van Persie​

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Dave
Zabaleta Ivanovic Kompany Azpilicueta
Toure
David Silva Kante
Suarez Aguero Hazard.

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham

Kante was the key player in both Leicester and Chelsea's title winning campaigns. Modric was one of the best midfielders in the league during his time at Tottenham but we're talking about the 2010's and Modric left in 2012. He won nothing with Tottenham on a personal or team level.
It's fair enough, I rate Kante highly as well, but I think Modric was on a different level during those years. And since we're talking purely individual performances then I don't put much weight on what their teams won.

Always hard to pick these though since people seem to weight peak and longevity differently, probably should pick one or the other.

promisedlanchiao

De Gea
Walker Kompany Terry Evra
Carrick
Toure Hazard
Kane
Aguero Van Persie

DDG being DDG.
Walker and Evra overlapping for width.
Terry and Kompany as the experienced brick wall defenders.
Carrick staying back and dictating + breaking up play.
Yaya box to box, unstoppable on his day.
Hazard driving up the pitch, running at defenders from an inside left position and creating chances.
Kane creating chances and arriving late to score, becoming a master at this lately.
Aguero and Van Persie, two of the best strikers, not just in terms of goalscoring but all-round play too. Literally impossible to stop when in form.
Bench would be Hart, Ivanovic, Kante, Silva, Salah, Suarez and Rooney.

Been a privilege for all PL fans to watch these players over this decade, thankfully a fair few have played for United.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

It was the first repose worthy post for me as well.

Modric IS a great player, and WAS a great player, but for Real Madrid, not for Spuds.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Anyone not picking Suarez has really been asleep this decade. Might not have the stat pads or longevity as others but he was ridiculous.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Accepting all challengers.

DDG
Ivanovic Kompany Terry Cole
Kante KDB
Hazard Silva Bale
Aguero

bosnian_red

Anyone not picking Suarez has really been asleep this decade. Might not have the stat pads or longevity as others but he was ridiculous.
Van Persie was better than him in 3 of the 4 seasons Suarez was here, Van Persie won multiple awards and the title, Suarez not much. Makes it pretty easy IMO, as we ignore everything after he left Liverpool.

bosnian_red

Accepting all challengers.

DDG
Ivanovic Kompany Terry Cole
Kante KDB
Hazard Silva Bale
Aguero
De Bruyne doesnt get in based on one season. Yaya Toure was far more influential for them over a longer period of time. Same with Bale. Way too short of a time span, and theres been plenty of seasons like the one he had since. Really not crazy about Terry and Cole back there as they were well past their bests at that point, but blanking on who i think should go there instead. Azpilicueta for one of them, hes been a constant for ages.

De Gea
Ivanovic Kompany Azpilicueta
Silva Kante Toure Hazard
Van Persie Kane Aguero
Not balanced at all obviously but feck it these 11 deserve it more than anyone else. Cant leave out any of the front 3, no stand out defenders for long enough other than those 3, same with midfielders.

Sokz

There must be better than zabaleta.

Dave

Kompany
Terry
Evra

Silva
Yaya
Carrick
Hazard

Aguero
Kane
Rooney

Something like this, perhaps a bit longevity biased but felt carrick > kante and rooney > suarez/vpersie.

Negan

De Gea
Zabaleta - Kompany - Terry - Cole
Salah - Toure - Kante - Bale
Suarez - van Persie

Schneckerl

Rooney very underrated here, because he played until he declined. How good he was in 2009/10 is only topped by Suarez for me.
Van Persie had 2 good seasons were he didn't miss half the games.

Last edited:

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
De Gea
Azpilicueta - Kompany - Van Dijk - Vertonghen
Toure - Kante
Bale ------- Silva ------- Hazard
Aguero​

Don't think Terry/Cole/Evra did enough this decade to merit inclusion. You could shape it as a 3-2-3-2 by dropping Van Dijk and throwing in Kane or Suarez.

Surprised I'm the only one going for Van Dijk - that's almost 4 full seasons now he's been here. That said, I appreciate the second CB is difficult. Compared to previous generations, I think there is a gap in class there for much of the decade as shown by Gary Cahill getting in the PFA team of the year on three occasions.

Sir Scott McToMinay

Seeing Evra get so many mentions is weird, he’s not been the same player post 2010 WC, or since 2011 at best, as well as being almost a defensive liability.

Azpilociueta has been very very good at LB when he played there for a couple of years.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
De Gea
Ivanovic - Kompany - Terry - Azpilicueta
Carrick - Kante
David Silva
Salah - Aguero - Hazard

Salah has insane stats and broke the goalscoring record so IMO he deserves to be in the XI. And Carrick 12/13 is probably the best single season of a CM alongside Kante 15/16. (in the PL for this decade of course)

Panther

Initial Choice:
David De Gea
Branislav Ivanovic - Vincent Kompany - John Terry - Cesar Azpilecueta
N'Golo Kante - Yaya Toure - Cesc Fabregas
David Silva
Luis Suarez - Sergio Aguero
Since everyone is naming mostly the same players, I'll try to pick a more "underrated" team of the decade too.

Petr Cech
Kyle Walker - Jan Vertonghen - Gary Cahill - Leighton Baines
James Milner - Gareth Barry
Christian Eriksen - Dele Alli - Eden Hazard
Romelu Lukaku
Obviously Cech isn't underrated but he's barely going to get picked since everyone here is going to choose Dave. The rest of the players have just been really consistently good players in good teams, most likely have left some very good and consistently solid players out.

Welby5

Supports
Chelsea
How can anyone leave A Cole out of the team when he was widely regarded the best in the world? So good, he used to have Ronaldo in his pocket.