Best site for retro football shirts?

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Looking for a gift for my brother's birthday, does anyone have recommendations for the best site? There seems to be a lot. Thanks for any help.

decorativeed

Looking for a gift for my brother's birthday, does anyone have recommendations for the best site? There seems to be a lot. Thanks for any help.
Classic Football Shirts are the best, but depending on what you want, it can be expensive. Probably no more so than the other places though.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
the problem with retro shirts is you can never be sure they’re authentic. the best way to overcome this is to buy him this year’s shirt, wrap it and tell him not to open it for 20 years. problem solved.

Oranges038

There's a site called ebuy or ebay.

Can pretty much get anything you want on there, it's amazing.

Judas

Open to offers
Honestly I'd jut get a perfect replica. So cheap and they're genuinely as good as the real thing if you buy a good one. The prices for the real deal are just mad now.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Honestly I'd jut get a perfect replica. So cheap and they're genuinely as good as the real thing if you buy a good one. The prices for the real deal are just mad now.
That's kinda what I meant! :lol: Replicas of old shirts, not match-worn or super genuine ones. I probably should've mentioned that in the OP.

Love my brother but I'm not spending €250 on a 1999 United shirt!

decorativeed

The shirts are ridiculously expensive these days on them sites that others have shared.
The direct results of modern football's boring, throwaway nature, I reckon. People will spend £80-100 on a classic shirt that reminds them of the good old days that will last them years rather than spend £80 on a shirt with two sponsors logos on it that'll last for 9 months.

decorativeed

That's kinda what I meant! :lol: Replicas of old shirts, not match-worn or super genuine ones. I probably should've mentioned that in the OP.

Love my brother but I'm not spending €250 on a 1999 United shirt!
You can still track down real ones on ebay for a good price if you know what you're looking for.

The kind of thing you're talking about is best found on twitter or depop, because they always get their websites and eBay listing shut down for copyright infringement.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
Any good shop for replicas? Since ages I'm interested in an Inter shirt with an Aaron Winter flock and those Barca kits when they had no sponsor on (or UNESCO) but I'd never try out some random replica online-shop without any recommendation.

edit: just saw decorativeed's post

Thunderhead

Supports
City
Are Toffs still going? They used to do the best quality retro shirts

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
The direct results of modern football's boring, throwaway nature, I reckon. People will spend £80-100 on a classic shirt that reminds them of the good old days that will last them years rather than spend £80 on a shirt with two sponsors logos on it that'll last for 9 months.
Sorry I meant the retro shirts are expensive considering they are just old shirts.

BazzaBear

Definately Banned
I always used classicfootballshirts when I needed a new top to play in and wanted a particular colour. Just search for the most obscure, cheap, kit in the right colour.

And my Lecia Gdansk top actually gets a fair bit of positive attention (of the "what the hell team is that" variety.)

Mind you, looking for the same top on there now it's £45! I paid about £15 I think.

My Greuther Furth one is even more obscure (they won the German Championship in 1929!) but when people ask about that one I can never remember their name. :D