Best Striker in the World

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Haaland is a monster. I think he's going to have a incredible career. I don't remember when I last saw a young striker this good.

troylocker

Kane and Lukaku had a dry weekend, Lewandowski and Ronaldo "only" scored 1 each, Benzema scored and assisted while Haaland added 2 more goals to his tally (the last one was an absolute worldie) makes the current status for this season:

Kane:
Club
2 goals (from ECL qualifier against Pacos Ferreira) and 0 assists in 414 minutes
207 minutes/G and 207 minutes/G+A
NT
3 goals and 0 assistsin 208 minutes
69 minutes/G and 69 minutes/G+A

21/22 season total so far
5 goals and 0 assists in 622 minutes
124 minutes/G and 124 minutes/G+A

Lukaku:

Club
4 goals and 0 assists in 450 minutes
113 minutes/G and 113 minutes/G+A
NT
3 goals and 1 assists in 155 minutes
52 minutes/G and 39 minutes/G+A

7 goals and 1 assists in 605 minutes
86 minutes/G and 76 minutes/G+A

Ronaldo:

Club
4 goals and 0 assists in 282 minutes
71 minutes/G and 71 minutes/G+A
NT
2 goals and 0 assists in 90 minutes
45 minutes/G and 45 minutes/G+A

6 goals and 0 assists in 372 minutes
62 minutes/G and 62 minutes/G+A

Benzema:

Club
6 goals and 5 assists in 539 minutes
90 minutes/G and 49 minutes/G+A
NT
0 goals and 1 assists in 192 minutes
192 minutes/G+A

6 goals and 6 assists in 731 minutes
122 minutes/G and 61 minutes/G+A

Lewandowski:

Club
11 goals and 0 assists in 575 minutes
52 minutes/G and 52 minutes/G+A
NT
3 goals and 3 assists in 225 minutes
75 minutes/G and 38 minutes/G+A

14 goals and 3 assists in 800 minutes
57 minutes/G and 47 minutes/G+A

Haaland:
Club
11 goals and 4 assists in 716 minutes
65 minutes/G and 48 minutes/G+A
NT
5 goals and 0 assists in 268 minutes
54 minutes/G and 54 minutes/G+A

16 goals and 4 assists in 984 minutes
62 minutes/G and 49 minutes/G+A

All but Kane is having great starts to their seasons.
To put these numbers into context:

Messi's record 11/12 season:
Club
73 goals and 32 assists in 5221 minutes
72 minutes/G and 50 minutes/G+A
NT
9 goals and 4 assists in 810 minutes
90 minutes/G and 62 minutes/G+A

11/12 season total
82 goals and 36 assists in 6031 minutes
74 minutes/G and 51 minutes/G+A

Cristiano's record 14/15 season:

Club
61 goals and 23 assists in 4640 minutes
76 minutes/G and 55 minutes/G+A
NT
5 goals and 0 assists in 481 minutes
96 minutes/G and 96 minutes/G+A

14/15 season total
66 goals and 23 assists in 5121 minutes
78 minutes/G and 57 minutes/G+A

We might have a special season on our hands.....

Drygon

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Benzema with 15 LaLiga goal involvement (8 goals & 7 assists) after 6 games. Not even Messi & Cristiano has done that.

This thread is one of many examples why Benzema is massively disrespected on RedCafe & non-Madrid circles.

troylocker

Benzema with 15 LaLiga goal involvement (8 goals & 7 assists) after 6 games. Not even Messi & Cristiano has done that.

This thread is one of many examples why Benzema is massively disrespected on RedCafe & non-Madrid circles.
Massive qudos to Benz for having a superb start to this season, but 6 games is a small sample size though. He has after all played 800+ games of senior football... and he was kind of bleak against Inter in the CL. And yeah! Messi and Ronaldo has done that, just not to kick off a season. Remember when Messi had 96 goals and 30 assists in LaLiga in 68 games in 2011-13? ...or when Cristiano had 17 goals and 5 assists in 11 games in the CL in 13/14 in one of his 7 consequetive seasons with 10+ goals?

Maybe we should add Choupo-Mouting (4 goals and 3 assists against Bremer in the Cup and 6 goals and 3 assists in 176 minutes this season for Bayern) or Haller (4 goals in 90 min in the CL this season) to the list as well if we are just basing it on the last 7 games?

Benzema is on this list and in this discussion with the best #9s right now. How is that massively disrespecting him?

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Clearly Lukaku on current form
Would you elaborate why you think Lukaku is currently outstanding? He is nowhere close to the output of Benzema, Haaland or Lewandowski so far this season.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Haaland is a monster. I think he's going to have a incredible career. I don't remember when I last saw a young striker this good.
I think he'll be the legitimate heir to Ronaldo. Haaland is similar in how incredible he is at doing the basics right: Runs, timing, being in the right position, chance conversion, athelticism, etc. What's most impressive about Haaland is that he still has so much room for improvement despite scoring a goal a game on average. I don't think there has ever been somebody who got the whole off the ball and athleticism part so right at such a young age. The prodigies of the past impressed more with their raw ability, not with their maturity early on.

That being said I think if we're talking about best player there are a few players with more potential than him. I think Sancho's best games for Dortmund have been better than Haaland's best games for them e. g.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Weren't you the one who posted players like Higuain are better than Benzema?

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I think he'll be the legitimate heir to Ronaldo. Haaland is similar in how incredible he is at doing the basics right: Runs, timing, being in the right position, chance conversion, athelticism, etc. What's most impressive about Haaland is that he still has so much room for improvement despite scoring a goal a game on average. I don't think there has ever been somebody who got the whole off the ball and athleticism part so right at such a young age. The prodigies of the past impressed more with their raw ability, not with their maturity early on.

That being said I think if we're talking about best player there are a few players with more potential than him. I think Sancho's best games for Dortmund have been better than Haaland's best games for them e. g.
Which Ronaldo? Anyway Luiz Ronaldo is probably most complete young striker i've ever seen however despite Haaland not being an elite dribbler it's not really that important as long as he consistently puts the ball in the net.

Polar

Right now it is indisputably Lewa.
Hmm.. Right now Haaland is ahead of Lew when it comes to MPG in Bundesliga. Perhaps more impressive to do it for Dortmund compared to BM.

Right now it’s difficult to differentiate between Ronaldo, Haaland and Lew.

Last edited:

Camilo

Haaland is physically on a different level to everyone else, plus he has the timing and attitude to boss any defender. I don't think anyone apart form Ronaldo has that ability (and obviously he's on his way down). Lewandowski is a good goalscorer but he's long past his best and playing in a team which feeds him goals. Kane is a has-been. Lukaku is a good player. Neither is anywhere near world class.

Blackwidow

Lewandowski is a good goalscorer but he's long past his best and playing in a team which feeds him goals.
Lewy makes goals others do not make. And actually we talk about him getting better every year. His numbers atleast get better every year and that with him working much more for the team than he ever did before.

Drygon

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Weren't you the one who posted players like Higuain are better than Benzema?
Prime Higuain is better than Prime Benzema in term of peak & way better goal-per-game averages in domestic campaigns. I happily stand still for it. Mourinho himself even said that if he couldn't hunt with a dog (Higuain), he would hunt with a cat (Benzema) instead.

That being said, Benzema is levels above a washed-up Higuain since 18/19 season.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Prime Higuain is better than Prime Benzema in term of peak & way better goal-per-game averages in domestic campaigns. I happily stand still for it. Mourinho himself even said that if he couldn't hunt with a dog (Higuain), he would hunt with a cat (Benzema) instead.

That being said, Benzema is levels above a washed-up Higuain since 18/19 season.
Benzema was always better.

Ladron de redcafe

Haaland is physically on a different level to everyone else, plus he has the timing and attitude to boss any defender. I don't think anyone apart form Ronaldo has that ability (and obviously he's on his way down). Lewandowski is a good goalscorer but he's long past his best and playing in a team which feeds him goals. Kane is a has-been. Lukaku is a good player. Neither is anywhere near world class.
That's just untrue, though. You could argue Lewandowski is top 2 jn the world in terms of workrate for a striker. He is an enormous part of the reason Bayern generate as many changes as he does. And he most certainly "bosses" defenders in a way no other striker does.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Just come off his 2nd highest goalscoring season, in double figures already, and playing in one of the worst Bayern teams in terms of attacking output since he's been there.

And he's past it. Rightyo great evaluation. Plus saying just "good goalscorer" is very apt.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Differences of opinion aside, Lewandowski far past his best is the most hilarious take of this thread so far :lol:

432JuanMata

Just come off his 2nd highest goalscoring season, in double figures already, and playing in one of the worst Bayern teams in terms of attacking output since he's been there.

And he's past it. Rightyo great evaluation. Plus saying just "good goalscorer" is very apt.
30 goals in last 25 games in CL.
Also he has gone 7 months scoring every game for Bayern which is 19 in a row don’t know how people don’t think he’s at his best

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
30 goals in last 25 games in CL.
Also he has gone 7 months scoring every game for Bayern which is 19 in a row don’t know how people don’t think he’s at his best
Look, he's a good goalscorer but he's past it ok? Plus his team is giving him tap ins to make his stats look better. Got to listen to the caf more often...

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude

Great quote from Mourinho and anybody that has had pets or watches national geographic knows, a cat is a much better hunter than a dog.

432JuanMata

Look, he's a good goalscorer but he's past it ok? Plus his team is giving him tap ins to make his stats look better. Got to listen to the caf more often...
Yeah the caf is right aren’t they has more goals in his last 100 apps than games but some say he’s nowhere near his best so it must be right

SprintTriathlon

Haaland is closing in on the heading and placing of Ronaldo, the smartness of Benzema and Zlatan, the passing of Kane, the agility of Zlatan, he equals or goes beyond the strength and fitness of Lukaku and Ronaldo, his speed is like Mbappe's, he improves in dribbles but will never be world class, he exceeds in never going offside and scoring goals from all positions, he might be the best penalty kicker.
My vote goes to ...

RooneyLegend

The only thing Haaland is likely to improve on is his heading. Outside of that he's as good as he's likely to ever be.

troylocker

The only thing Haaland is likely to improve on is his heading. Outside of that he's as good as he's likely to ever be.
What?!! Just what?! What are you basing this claim on? You can literally see improvements in his allround game from one week to the next

lloyd2wayne

What? Benzema has always being better throughout their careers. Not even a debate

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Lewandowski is clearly out of the race. No goal against Fürth, the man is done at the top level.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Pity they shat the bed a year later against Madrid which lead to Sir Alex losing faith in them.

It’s ‘led’. And do you do this every time someone reminisces about former Man United players? Someone brings up an RVN moment for example and straight away you’re like ‘it’s a pity he did x which led to Sir Alex losing faith in him.’ Somehow I don’t think you would.

Someone posts a Rooney clip and you immediately say ‘it’s a pity he held the club to ransom and made SAF look like a mug, which led to a loss of faith in him’. Nope, can’t see that either.

Weird.

RooneyLegend

It’s ‘led’. And do you do this every time someone reminisces about former Man United players? Someone brings up an RVN moment for example and straight away you’re like ‘it’s a pity he did x which led to Sir Alex losing faith in him.’ Somehow I don’t think you would.

Someone posts a Rooney clip and you immediately say ‘it’s a pity he held the club to ransom and made SAF look like a mug, which led to a loss of faith in him’. Nope, can’t see that either.

Weird.
Who stole your pencil sharpener? What do Rooney and RVN have to do about anything? Just commenting on what happened at the time which was a let down, weird.

NasirTimothy

Supports
Enyimba F.C.
Who stole your pencil sharpener? What do Rooney and RVN have to do about anything? Just commenting on what happened at the time which was a let down, weird.
It’s just an odd response from a fan to a great goal.

troylocker

Ronaldo sure looked like an old man the last few weeks. Slow, weak, bad coordination and 0 workrate. He needs to be more than just an old fox in the box to be in this conversation.